Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition) | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2021 Edition)

Better get your snow tires on....SOON !
Tried but they aren't shipping them to NA this year. (Anlas Snow tires that is.)

..Tom

Did you cross the line into York Region? We were out at 03:00 am getting the roads good and salty for you!

Thanks for doing that! I'm hoping the roads in York will be okay later this week. But no I didn't head west at all

Going east or west was a challenge because of last night's snow flurries. I headed west initially and the southern side of the roads and some that were in constant shade were icy. Bike was okay on them but I'd rather not ride on that. Ended up heading straight north for a bit as there wasnt shade.on the road anywhere.

..Tom

I saw an e-bike last night in Aurora, riding in a blizzard.
Those guys don't know any better, there is one in my area and I cringe every time I see them, as it looks like he will slip infront of the vechicle next to them.

How do you like the Russel Daylong @V-Tom ?

Great mileage for the season. I had a totally sucktastic year this year, barely broke 10K, and that was only because of the last second Cabot Trail whirlwind.

1642460634530.png

How do you like the Russel Daylong @V-Tom ?

Great mileage for the season. I had a totally sucktastic year this year, barely broke 10K, and that was only because of the last second Cabot Trail whirlwind.

View attachment 52975
My First Russel Day Long (RDL) was on my 2015 V-Strom 1000. I loved riding with it! Unfortunately it wouldn't fit on my 2020 V-Strom 1050 so I ordered a new one for the 1050.

The RDL just makes butt fatigue a non- issue for me no matter how long or far I ride.

..Tom

Fwiw I went out for a little ride yesterday. Just a little loop of about 100 km.

My bike thermometer stopped reading below -10⁰c and just said cold but my GPS said -12 (from its weather app.)

Nice to get out!

..Tom

Rode down to the dealership to help my buddy pick up his new bike, a 2022 Indian FTR 1200 Rally:

IMG_20220216_142126-X2.jpg

Gorgeous bike!

So this is my street riding crew (minus Neda's RS). We all have new bikes for this riding season!

riding%20crew-X3.jpg

Got my maiden voyage in with the Hyper. Did about 100 kms today putting around town. Not bad for a mid-February day!

Rode down to the dealership to help my buddy pick up his new bike, a 2022 Indian FTR 1200 Rally:

IMG_20220216_142126-X2.jpg

Gorgeous bike!

So this is my street riding crew (minus Neda's RS). We all have new bikes for this riding season!

riding%20crew-X3.jpg

Got my maiden voyage in with the Hyper. Did about 100 kms today putting around town. Not bad for a mid-February day!
I’ve ridden the Hyper, it defies you to putt around :)

February 17th is "Ride Your Motorbike To Work" day!

IMG_20220217_125132-X2.jpg

My new role at work: mechanic! Doing some light maintenance work on the school's fleet to prepare them for the new season.

Thankfully none of them needs any desmodromic valve service...

How’s your Rosey Toes burping imitation coming along?

How’s your Rosey Toes burping imitation coming along?

While I was there, I wrote up several safety certs. Only one for a motorcycle though. I did a couple of safety certs for these two skateboarders who were hanging around the parking lot, and another one for a Big Wheel trike being ridden by a toddler.

I also ate those skateboarders' sandwiches.

It was a good day.

I jumped the gun and rode to work yesterday.

..Tom
I rode yesterday for a site meeting and there was so much melting snow that I got sprayed pretty good. Felt nice to be out riding on such a warm day in February.

Mid-February Motorcycle Madness continues!

IMG_20220218_154114-X2.jpg

New shoes!

Now that I have a proper street bike, I replaced the GS's OEM street rubber with some Anakee Wilds, front and rear, and took her out for a spin. Felt a bit squidgy in the corners and definitely louder tire noise on the pavement, but looking forward to see how much more grip I have in the dirt.

Um, on snow, ice and slush...? Not so much grip. DAMHIK!

Feel like this post should go in that shoe thread: Sneakerheads Unite!

Back
Top Bottom