Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

I was out on my wr250r today. Went to see a customer. Then to the forks and back. Nobody there. Understandable though... was real frigid.

Running the dirt tires and 90/10 knobbies right now. Might ride in the snow tomorrow (if we get any), just to say I did.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I took an extended lunch break yesterday to capitalize on the good weather. Had a buddy join me for a ride to Port Credit and then Rattlensnake point.
Today was way too cold, but used photo tag as an excuse to ride.

For me- its end of season now. Bike's on full tank Shell 91 with Stabil, and Battery tender plugged in.

Took a run to the Hammer yesterday afternoon, came back this aft. Friday was like summer, I was getting hot inside my lined jacket. Coming back today was different story, it was cold. I think the overcast sky makes a chilly day feel a lot colder than a sunny day.

I was out on my wr250r today. Went to see a customer. Then to the forks and back. Nobody there. Understandable though... was real frigid.

Running the dirt tires and 90/10 knobbies right now. Might ride in the snow tomorrow (if we get any), just to say I did.

First tracks won't be bad unless there is an inch or more, once you ride over snow a couple of times it turns to ice. Just keep making first tracks.
Set your tire pressure low as you can and don't spin the tires (y)

First tracks won't be bad unless there is an inch or more, once you ride over snow a couple of times it turns to ice. Just keep making first tracks.
Set your tire pressure low as you can and don't spin the tires (y)
Good advice.

Sounds like a plan.

I'm not running rim locks (d606 rear is WAY too stiff to get them in), so I won't run less than 15psi in the trails. Seems to hook up pretty well at that.

f595cddea07d294e5d24088c6d778e6e.jpg

Use momentum and don't put your feet down or you are stuck
snomobike.jpg

Well, I was right! A LOT chilly today! And no proper winter gear ? I think I learned my lesson. Here's a hack I'm 100% absolutely positive nobody has ever thought of (sarcasm) when you're at a red light, pop 'er in to neutral and put your hands near the engine! Instant warmth ? lol. I must have looked crazy, hugging my tank basically.

Proper gear for riding this time of year is essential.

Anyhow, looks like we're getting some snow for sure in the next 36 hours.

Its gonna be a miserable next 3 months, at least shadowlands is finally coming out

I knew I should have taken Friday off to go riding. ?

Meh. They plow the roads every day. It's more a case of how many layers are you willing to put on.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Meh. They plow the roads every day. It's more a case of how many layers are you willing to put on.

For me, street riding is getting as deep into a corner as I can (within my ability). Not going to happen this late in the season.

Leaves. Temperature. Salt. Sand. = no decent grip to be found.
Offroad riding extends this seasonal limit by a couple months.
At this point, I'll take what I can get.

You're right that you don't want to push traction limits at this time of year.
Riding clears my head, even when I'm not pushing the bike, so any day above -5 and no snow is a good riding day. If I had other options that worked as well, I'd probably put the bike away sooner.

You're right that you don't want to push traction limits at this time of year.
Riding clears my head, even when I'm not pushing the bike, so any day above -5 and no snow is a good riding day. If I had other options that worked as well, I'd probably put the bike away sooner.

careful with the tires at that temp

True, but if you ride as if you're not in a hurry, it's no big deal. Also a more wary eye for piles of sand and salt, black ice...

About 200km Saturday afternoon, split between my Guzzi and Thruxton. 3°C most of the way, but no wind. I didn't see any other bikes out there. Heated grips on each bike, and I've a new heated vest. What a fantastic piece of gear! Not the least bit bulky and gets hot almost instantly. Hooks up to your battery tender pigtail. Toasty warm and comfortable. Get yours from the nice folks at Town Moto.

About 200km Saturday afternoon, split between my Guzzi and Thruxton. 3°C most of the way, but no wind. I didn't see any other bikes out there. Heated grips on each bike, and I've a new heated vest. What a fantastic piece of gear! Not the least bit bulky and gets hot almost instantly. Hooks up to your battery tender pigtail. Toasty warm and comfortable. Get yours from the nice folks at Town Moto.

guessing most if not all heated jackets can be hooked up to the battery tender cable?

or have some sort of an adaptor that fits on the jacket and the battery tender cable?

Ride today! just don't fall in the river, the water is ******* cold.

Back
Top Bottom