what r u paying for weed these days ? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what r u paying for weed these days ?

... unless, of course, you want GOOD weed.
I like strains that come from around the equator, that have LONG flowering periods.
I used to grow a Durban hybrid with a 15 week flowering period. You can't do that outside. We tried.
In the late '80s we were getting $400/oz for that ****.
Nobody grows it anymore, we should have kept it going. i know people that WILL grow it NOW.
When I was growing dope, it was all about quality.
Now it is all about quantity, and sadly, it shows.

It was all about quantity for a long time but I think it’s now at a point where there is a higher quality expectation for the most part. Having said that I’m so far removed now that my opinion has very little value

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Just tried my first candy. Talk about a different hit.

EDIT: As for growing, had a lot of help last season and I’d say that’s my favourite strain so far. Be damned if I could remember it.

Regardless this year I’ll see how it goes, but the MIL will be really ****** when it starts stinking up the backyard.

Last edited:
Brilliant!

Think of the benefits - cheap electricity for refilling your e-car, heating your house, water, pool, hot tub. Potential to cut a pile of greenhouse emissions too.

Ontario dumps 20TW of energy a year to the US and QC, about a third of that 'clean' energy. It's sold at roughly $0.006 cents/KWH, or about 1/24th of what consumers pay ($0.12/KWh). Ontario users subsidize the dumped electricity - it costs .05 to make, they sell it for 1/2 a penny - we make up the difference in our hydro bills.

Allowing Ontario users to access that power at cheap rates does a couple of things:

1) Enables consumer savings through cheaper rates AND eliminating the subsidy consumers pay to dump the power.
2) Attracts industry that has high electricity demands

Ford at work for Ontario!

Some of that power they're dumping for $.006 could easily have come off my roof at about $.54. The early ground based trackers were about $.80.

Some of that power they're dumping for $.006 could easily have come off my roof at about $.54. The early ground based trackers were about $.80.
It's unlikely. We don't have power storage. The power they are dumping overnight is power being generated with no where to send it. They need to keep stations working at a minimum load to allow rapid adjustment to load (can't go idle to full throttle quickly but they have no use for the power they are making at 30%).

That's not the issue. The issue is capacity. Hydro needs the capacity to fulfill need at PEAK, during the day, which HOPEFULLY is the cheapest generated power.
BUT when need drops off at night, what do you do with all that capacity? If you generate electricity, you have to use it... NOW.
You can't turn down Darlington. It takes about 10 days to cycle on and off.
You CAN shut down gas generating plants...You CAN turn down the volume at Niagara... but this all adds costs. LOTS OF COSTS.

... so the CHEAPEST way to deal with this is to MOVE some of the this need to night time, to use MORE night time capacity.
Ontario's Hydro One traditionally sells power to New York at night, VERY CHEAPLY, to offset this capacity... but we can't compete with Hydro Quebec's hydro power (Quebec has LOTS of dams)... and we ended up PAYING New York to take the power.

My idiot brother used to work for a metal plater in Mississauga. Metal plating uses LOTS of electricity. The plating business was failing so they ended the evening shift first, then the day shift... but the night shift kept going BECAUSE Hydro One was PAYING them to use power capacity at night. The hydro cheque was their only income for two years... and they ran the same shopping carts though the tanks till the chrome was about an inch thick, then they scrapped them.

Oh no…I hope it’s not dead. Just flopped over when I was watering it this morning.

CEA3A951-B81A-4FC0-BB5B-D9127D66BFA3.jpeg

Oh no…I hope it’s not dead. Just flopped over when I was watering it this morning.

View attachment 54644
You need a couple of adjustments. Your plants are getting 'leggy' as they are trying to get closer to your lights.

1) Lower the light to 2" above the top and they won't 'stretch' so much.
2) If you have a small fan, let it blow lightly across the plants - the breeze strengthens the stalk.
3) Repot, burying the plant all the way up to the first leaves. You can also do this later when you move it outside, I usually get mine a little leggy, about 10" then when it goes in the ground the roots are 10" deep and the stalk will thicken on its own with spring breeze. This also make the plant a lot more resilient, able to survive storms without falling over.

Thanks @Mad Mike.

I set up the fan this morning. I think that one broke / bent as I was watering it and water hit it directly accidentally. Hopefully it’s not dead.

I’ll lift them up now and then repot them on the weekend.

Two of mine did the same thing. Build up more soil around the stem / straighten it out.
Today was their 3rd day outside for the day. It was very windy but they survived.

View attachment 54648

As long as the ground is thawed and no frost expected you should be good. I usually wait a bit longer. Anytime now should be safe ( I’d probably take them out next weekend)

As long as the ground is thawed and no frost expected you should be good. I usually wait a bit longer. Anytime now should be safe ( I’d probably take them out next weekend)

I didn't mean I left them out. I bring them inside in the evening. They only go out if sunny & mild.
I put 'em out again today. They'll go in the ground on, or about the 15th of May when I plant my vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom