what r u paying for weed these days ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

what r u paying for weed these days ?

I'm waiting for at least 7 days more. Whether they go outside this week or in two weeks, they will still yield the same amount and be the same size. Also the cold temps aren't the best for immature plants that haven't been acclimatized to the outdoors yet.
Agreed... I started these a week or two too soon, and if I wasn't worried about them getting root-bound I wouldn't have moved them outside this week.

I take it you are going to move them to a larger planting area later on?

No - that's where they will live (the outdoors ones). I consistently get huge plants from those boxes... here is my white widow from a couple years ago from the left hand garden box. I got over 2lbs of dried bud from that single plant (it looks like more than one, but this is just one plant - trained to grow sideways (the "top" of the plant is at the far right of this pic)):

img[

Agreed... I started these a week or two too soon, and if I wasn't worried about them getting root-bound I wouldn't have moved them outside this week.

No - that's where they will live (the outdoors ones). I consistently get huge plants from those boxes... here is my white widow from a couple years ago from the left hand garden box. I got over 2lbs of dried bud from that single plant (it looks like more than one, but this is just one plant - trained to grow sideways (the "top" of the plant is at the far right of this pic)):

img[
Very nice! I’d say that box is working fine for you then:)

White Widow is plant that does great when it’s trained like that. About 20 years ago I saw a White Widow that was trained so that at the 6ft mark, all the vertical branches were bent to grow horizontally. That plant produced 36oz and would have been around 9ft tall and about 7ft wide. It’s such nice bud too - I hope to grow one of them again this year as well.

Would anyone like to recommend a marijauna grow forum ?

My four babies (female clones) are growing very well under a 125 watt compressed fluorescent. bulb was very nicely priced at 34.99 at the downtown main street hydroponic shop. I had the reflector / shade already (200 watt bulb got broken. doh. $90 gone !)

plants at ~ 16"-20" ; seedling / clones started in pots March 15th.
cannot wait for better weather to get these girls outside.

I have them in four 20L pails so I can move the plants indoors into a dark closet (for early initiation of flowering - by making the nights 12 hours dark for flowering).

Last edited:
Have a Bruce Banner at about 8 inches tall now, 2x Ace Killer OG, and 3 El Cracko started.. the Crackos aren't feminized, so who knows what they'll be.

Anyone brave enough to transplant outside yet? Supposed to dip to 4 degrees overnight for next week or so here in Toronto - I took the plunge but left half inside for now:

pics
Unless you are using autoflower seeds putting out your weed plants this early in the season is a poor choice. The nights are still too long your poor plants will start to flower then as the nights get shorter they will switch back to vegetative and be near dormant for 3 to 4 weeks as the plant hormones get right.
Seriously the hot set up would be transplanting 12" to 20" tall clones/starts out in natural light around the middle of June.

Last edited:
Would anyone like to recommend a marijauna grow forum ?

My four babies (female clones) are growing very well under a 125 watt compressed fluorescent. bulb was very nicely priced at 34.99 at the downtown main street hydroponic shop. I had the reflector / shade already (200 watt bulb got broken. doh. $90 gone !)

plants at ~ 16"-20" ; seedling / clones started in pots March 15th.
cannot wait for better weather to get these girls outside.

I have them in four 20L pails so I can move the plants indoors into a dark closet (for early initiation of flowering - by making the nights 12 hours dark for flowering).
Try ic mag

The girls are LOVIN' this weather!!! My two PBB are over 5 feet now, and the two MAC1's are about 4 feet. I think my biggest concern this grow will be bud rot if the heat/humidity keep up this year:

2 Peanut Butter Breath:

49vjgZf.jpg

2 MAC1:

qCYYxnx.jpg

Anyone in the GTA got a h/o (or less) they’re willing to let go of? My usual guy is overseas. My preference is sativa.

PM me, leaving the area tomorrow night. Ty ty

Just did the math. $2.23/gram.

The girls are LOVIN' this weather!!! My two PBB are over 5 feet now, and the two MAC1's are about 4 feet. I think my biggest concern this grow will be bud rot if the heat/humidity keep up this year:

2 Peanut Butter Breath:

49vjgZf.jpg

2 MAC1:

qCYYxnx.jpg
Any concerns about stray light during the dark cycle? JS.

Last year's crop was pretty good, started them Feb 15 under lights, outside May 10. Here's a few things I did last year that made a couple of absolute monsters. Last year I pinched off the tops several times, to get a lot of branching the plants seem to like this, I had one that reached 12' and produced a stupid amount.

Heres' a few things I have done that worked well for me:

1) Start indoors. I start this time of the year under grow lights. 18hrs a day. I keep the lights at 12" to encourage leggy (tall) plants.
2) Pinch the tops off. I know growers say wait till there are 5 nodes -- I do it when they have 2 nodes, then again when the new shoots have 2 nodes. I try to keep them to 12" under the lights. I hit then with a small fan for a few hours each day to strengthen them up.
3) Harden starting in early May on days above 15c. I put the trays outside during the warm times, returning them to lights at night.
4) Planting. When I plant them outside, I set them into the ground deep, burying the stem right up to the first branch. This is why I grow them leggy to start, gets the roots deeper and I've seen the stalk sends out more roots after it's buried.
5) Regularly prune off enough fan leaves to get a lot of sun and airflow. This was initially tough to do as I worried I'd be taking the fuel factory away from the plant. Seems they don't care too much, and the yield explodes on plants that get lots of sun to the main branches.

The most troubling thing I've faced (suggestions from experienced growers?):
Size. at 12' feet they are not all that discreet, and they are aromatic.
Finishing before frost. They were not ready to harvest when first frost came. I did have one plant that got a lot of shade, it finished a few weeks ahead of the others.

Finishing before frost. They were not ready to harvest when first frost came. I did have one plant that got a lot of shade, it finished a few weeks ahead of the others.

I’m not an expert.

If it were me, and you have the space, I’d do 3 or 4 smaller plants instead of 2 huge ones. The aroma won’t change much as the overall volume would ideally be the same.

Time of finishing, probably the best way to deal with this is trying different strains that mature faster. I like to plant multiple different strains ideally as it helps maximize harvest time, pest resistance etc. year over year conditions change outdoors so what was best last year might not be this year.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I’m not an expert.

If it were me, and you have the space, I’d do 3 or 4 smaller plants instead of 2 huge ones. The aroma won’t change much as the overall volume would ideally be the same.

Time of finishing, probably the best way to deal with this is trying different strains that mature faster. I like to plant multiple different strains ideally as it helps maximize harvest time, pest resistance etc. year over year conditions change outdoors so what was best last year might not be this year.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Autoflowing types fix both problems, they don't get very big and they finish in August.

I've tried a variety of photoperiod strains, this year I selected smaller plants, but even then I expect them all to hit 7-8'. I found location seems to be the only solution. If I plant them in the shade of the house they finish earlier -- but don't produce much.

In a past life I would take small clip on flowers and attached them to various points along the upper growth to resemble flowers. This seemed to confuse nosy neighbours. There's not much you can do about smell outdoors in my experience - that's too dependent on strain type, air flow amount, air flow direction and so on. As growers we may be limited by choosing the best spot due to our need for maximizing sunlight, or ease of access, etc, so I would first try to go with less pungent varieties if possible.

Personally Mike, I don't want big plants anymore. It used to be fun for my ego, but it's too much work to harvest, too much waste, too much resources, and I can't even give it away I have so much. I also go for strains with shorter flowering periods. Last year I gave away all the healthy plants and kept the stunted runts. With successive pinching they were all way smaller than my 2020 crop, when the plants were just too big. I'm ideally looking for plants that yield around 1/4lb, not well over 1lb. I personally don't have a use for autoflowering varieties, but I get why many people would.

Lastly, smaller plants grown in pots allow me to move them into the garage if needed during early and sporadic frosts.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom