What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure?

What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure?

• Total voters

VifferFun

Site Supporter
Hey Guys,

I'm just curious -- of all the kilometers you put on your bike, what percentage is purely for the fun of riding?

Cheers!

91-100%.

I rarely ride my bike for anything but fun. I have a car and a bicycle if I need to get somewhere. When I take the bike out, it's just for fun (or track which is also fun!).

A bit less than half. I ride to work most days in the summer unless i have a really important meeting or I just dont feel like getting to work soaked (I still ride most days in the rain though, unless im really tired or hung over or just dont feel like it).

I ride to work whenever possible, and also make two longer (but necessary) trips per week, putting me at only 25% leisure riding.

Now that I have a car almost 100% of my riding is for leisure, before that it was maybe 60%.

busy schedule with the kids means I need to use the bike to commute or I would get a lot less time riding
It does however make the commute much more fun. Does this count to moving toward 100%?

I ride to work everyday, but do a lot of riding afterwards dicking around or travelling on weekends. Over 50% would be leisure.

Realistically, it's probably around 10%. The majority of my riding is commuting to work

Likely 99%, I make one or two trips into the office every year tops, so it's almost all play time.

Hmm, I ride to work every day from April until November (unless the snow flies during that time) but I love riding and enjoy every moment of it. Surely this would be considered leisure as well since it's so enjoyable? However I voted that between 61-70% (maybe should have increased that to 70-80%) is for leisure or more precisely none work commute riding.

100% Fun. Even if I ride to work, it's usually b/c I know works gonna be a rough day and want to have fun on the way to and from...:)

Technically, all my riding (and driving too) is discretionary and includes no work-related commuting. Is it still leisure when you choose to ride the bike to Home Depot instead of taking the truck?

Technically, all my riding (and driving too) is discretionary and includes no work-related commuting. Is it still leisure when you choose to ride the bike to Home Depot instead of taking the truck?

My intention was to determine the percentage of your riding that is purely for pleasure . . . in other words, you are making a trip for purely for fun, with no purpose other than the enjoyment of riding. If you are using your bike for a purpose (such as picking something up at the store), then I don't consider this leisure, even though the trip may be fun.

As a rule of thumb -- if you would make the trip even if you didn't have a bike, I wouldn't consider this leisure riding.

A bit less than half. I ride to work most days in the summer unless i have a really important meeting or I just dont feel like getting to work soaked (I still ride most days in the rain though, unless im really tired or hung over or just dont feel like it).
Same as mention by Bobjohnson

I'd say 85-90% leisure for me.

I don't have a car at the moment (died in spring and decided to wait til fall to get another) so I ride to work, to the store, to see the gf, etc.
All of the above is within 10kms from where I live.

Any other time that I am on two wheels it is entirely for pleasure; to enjoy the weather, the scenery, the roads, the company of other riders, the feeling of just riding and always making a left/right/left/right at every crossroad and getting lost.

Back
Top Bottom