What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure?

What percentage of your riding is purely for leisure?

• Total voters
Just a quick question:

If on my insurance policy it states "pleasure use only". Yet the odd time (1-2 times per month) I was to use the bike to commute to work and something happened. Can the insurance co. refuse the claim?

100%. I don't sweat my bag off on days like today when I could easily take my air conditioned car if it wasn't for pleasure riding. :)

Just a quick question:

If on my insurance policy it states "pleasure use only". Yet the odd time (1-2 times per month) I was to use the bike to commute to work and something happened. Can the insurance co. refuse the claim?

I've never heard of an insurance company that rates a bike for anything but pleasure, but perhaps they do. If you are riding into work a couple times a month, I'm certain that won't be an issue. If you are concerned, you can talk to you broker/agent about it.

I've never heard of an insurance company that rates a bike for anything but pleasure, but perhaps they do. If you are riding into work a couple times a month, I'm certain that won't be an issue. If you are concerned, you can talk to you broker/agent about it.

How would they determine the intent of your trip unless you told them should an incident occur?

I think unless you had a milage retriction on an annual basis that was exceeded greatly commuting vs/pleasure riding would be hard to prove

How would they determine the intent of your trip unless you told them should an incident occur?

I think unless you had a milage retriction on an annual basis that was exceeded greatly commuting vs/pleasure riding would be hard to prove

Insurance companies employ investigators and hire private investigators if something seems suspicious in the event of a claim.

Probably 10% or so is leisure for me. The other 90% of the time I need to get somewhere, and the fun I have doing so is a handy bonus.

I would vote for 50% as my 250 is my only ride, But I go on lots of rides just for fun, or if I'm going to the store and not in a rush I'll go the LONNNNNNG way.

100%.
I ride for fun only, and never touch the bike unless I can ride for minimum, one full day. I do not do evening rides at all. Too short to get anywhere interesting as I hate riding in Ontario anymore. Our geography and police suck. Often as much as 4-6 wks will pass without me even opening the garage to look at the bike. I think my racebike gets more regular use, if less miles.

Being in the flooring business means I need a truck everyday, and often a trailer too. A bike is useless for me and my work.

100% leisure

For me it's always for fun.

99.9% pure pleasure. 0.1% errands that fit in the saddle bag. It's all about escaping the grind for me. Turn on the key, get into the zone, return refreshed. Ahhhhhh! (Kinda like taking a mini vacation or power nap).

Why would you drive when you can ride? Whenever I ride it's 100% fun!

My intention was to determine the percentage of your riding that is purely for pleasure . . . in other words, you are making a trip for purely for fun, with no purpose other than the enjoyment of riding. If you are using your bike for a purpose (such as picking something up at the store), then I don't consider this leisure, even though the trip may be fun.

As a rule of thumb -- if you would make the trip even if you didn't have a bike, I wouldn't consider this leisure riding.

what if you would have made the trip to home depot in the car but on the bike you take a route that is 5 times as long?

I asked how much it would affect my premium if i was to ride to work (not ride for work) and my broker informed me that it did not affect my premium at all, so i requested that it be put on there. oddly enough tripling the expected mileage also had no effect at all as well so i requested that that be done as well. Important to CYA as best you can.

Back
Top Bottom