What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 53 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Got the gas tank on my KZ repaired (old dent) and colour matched to the tail and side covers I've been using. Also got a Cafe fairing, and had it painted to match. Lagoon Turquoise Metalic, paint by Connery's Custom Paint.

View attachment 53613
Wash van and change the oil. Decorated the walls a bit with a couple blown up Dragon pics from the past and made some wooden frames to wrap flags around and hang like canvas.

OK, we get this - your garage is huge and awesome. Now, please stop posting your garage photos as they are not not helping with my slow start to this brand new week.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

OK, we get this - your garage is huge and awesome. Now, please stop posting your garage photos as they are not not helping with my slow start to this brand new week.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
That's just his toy garage. His vehicle garage is not pictured. It gives you motivation to save up money and move to the country.

Got the gas tank on my KZ repaired (old dent) and colour matched to the tail and side covers I've been using. Also got a Cafe fairing, and had it painted to match. Lagoon Turquoise Metalic, paint by Connery's Custom Paint.

Sweet KZ. I had two of them. I would say they're damn near bullet proof. Would redline at about 9K but pull strong to 11K.

And the Green bike in the background is the same one my buddy spent about 1600km riding pillion when we left his bike on the JBR (looked painful just sitting on it). He finally broke down and bought a bike in QC on the way home.

Two of the paradigms running. Meh. Better than the wireless but underwhelming as expected. They are running off a Sony amp which isn't helping. I have never listened to Sony anything that I remotely liked.

Wax/sharpen five sets of skis last night. Starting to get low on wax.

And the Green bike in the background is the same one my buddy spent about 1600km riding pillion when we left his bike on the JBR (looked painful just sitting on it). He finally broke down and bought a bike in QC on the way home.
That's def an expensive trip. Probably would've been cheaper to just fly home...but then you'd leave a buddy behind.

He bought a used Triumph (Sprint I think) that he really liked. And he noted afterward that although the price hurt a bit at the time he ended up with a nicer bike than he normally would have bought. So win win.
Oddly enough he also bought a newer KLR in NL when his first gen kaffed on a trip out there.

Two of the paradigms running. Meh. Better than the wireless but underwhelming as expected. They are running off a Sony amp which isn't helping. I have never listened to Sony anything that I remotely liked.

Wax/sharpen five sets of skis last night. Starting to get low on wax.
What about adding an inexpensive used powered sub?

What about adding an inexpensive used powered sub?
I may add a sub at some point. That's not the only shortcoming. To be fair, I'm picky and have only heard one two channel system I truly loved. I was hoping for better from the paradigms. Small tweeter crossed over at 2k means the top end is weak.

I may add a sub at some point. That's not the only shortcoming. To be fair, I'm picky and have only heard one two channel system I truly loved. I was hoping for better from the paradigms. Small tweeter crossed over at 2k means the top end is weak.
I have the KRK VXT monitors at home. I was running the VXT-6’s for the last few years and just upgraded last week to the VXT-8’s. I also run a KRK 10” sub and the whole combo can shake my house or provide pretty crisp clean sound with the sub turned down.

Not sure if you would like the sound of the KRK’s.

I have the KRK VXT monitors at home. I was running the VXT-6’s for the last few years and just upgraded last week to the VXT-8’s. I also run a KRK 10” sub and the whole combo can shake my house or provide pretty crisp clean sound with the sub turned down.

Not sure if you would like the sound of the KRK’s.
I haven't listened to KRK. Definitely no money in the budget for a fancy garage stereo, scrounged parts work for now. The system I have that I like the best is on the trainer (Tannoy reveals and a 10" sub). Getting a set of powered reveals for computer speakers soon. I wanted APS Aeon 2's but the price is unfriendly (sound great but lots of dollars).

Last garage had a bar PA leftover from a previous life. 2x18", 3x12", 3x1" horn. A little excessive for a one car garage.

Last edited:
Since we on a music trend anybody got a cassette player with auto reverse that works they're looking to ditch?
I have about 2 milk crates (aka KLR 650 GIVI's) full of cassettes but can't seam to find a player where the auto reverse works. I brought half a dozen stereos home from the ReStore that I fished out of the ewaste but none would play the other side of the tape.
It's a pain being on the floor tucked under something with wrench in hand when the music stops.

Some tweeters and crossover parts from Solen/parts-express might fix that or at least help time go by while the snow melts.

I like the idea of keeping the garage stereo mobile-themed and doing a sound board with some of the nice 90’s car audio amps/speakers I covered back in high school but couldn’t afford. Use an Amazon Alexa input into the amps to keep it tied into the rest of the house still ins the ad of using a car deck.

Since we on a music trend anybody got a cassette player with auto reverse that works they're looking to ditch?
I have about 2 milk crates (aka KLR 650 GIVI's) full of cassettes but can't seam to find a player where the auto reverse works. I brought half a dozen stereos home from the ReStore that I fished out of the ewaste but none would play the other side of the tape.
It's a pain being on the floor tucked under something with wrench in hand when the music stops.
I will check next time I'm at the cottage. I've got 2 cassette players up there.

Speaking of music, I need to put some speakers into the garage....currently only running on the RIDGID radio that came with the tools set. Maybe one of those smart speakers just to liven up the garage instead of just listening to the radio/phone on speaker.

Some tweeters and crossover parts from Solen/parts-express might fix that or at least help time go by while the snow melts.

I like the idea of keeping the garage stereo mobile-themed and doing a sound board with some of the nice 90’s car audio amps/speakers I covered back in high school but couldn’t afford. Use an Amazon Alexa input into the amps to keep it tied into the rest of the house still ins the ad of using a car deck.
There are six channels of decent 12v amplification available and a battery on a tender to run the lift that could serve double duty. It's not for me. I've done the permanent install of mobile equipment before and it's not worth the hassle imo. I may try swapping out the sony for a Crown and see if that makes a positive change. I am definitely not rebuilding the paradigms. If I bother building speakers, they will be a different form factor.

Back
Top Bottom