What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 51 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Finished up the lowering of the F800GSA today... 'Swapped out the fork springs.
Fender left off 'cuz new tires are on their way and well... Owner wanted to get her off the lift and try it on for size...
:)
'Think the kit allowed for 35mm of lowering... Definitely makes a diff to my stubby legged riding buddy...

CeitP2l.jpg

Dkwrygb.jpg

I recently reunited two old friends.
After ten years of "riding it hard and putting it away wet" I parked this bike in 2004. The motor languished under the bench for at least 15 years.
For the young'uns this is a classic UJM. A 1976 Honda 750 SuperSport. The triple disc Comstars are from a 78' F.
image1.jpeg

Rocker plate will be rock and glide. I have the linear bearings but need the shaft. Ideally I would use a sheet of high count plywood (baltic birch etc) but I am contemplating being a cheap bastard and laminating up a bunch of 2'x4' pieces that I have kicking around. These speakers are very sensitive to listening height. In the sweet spot is quite good, outside it is meh. They are about an inch low low. When I build the rocker, they need to go up. This setup will move when the kids get older and their play room reverts to a gym so I'm not interested in wall/ceiling mounting anything.

Fan is on a wifi switch so I can turn it on with the phone when I get hot (theoretically alexa capable and the firecube can control it but I haven't bothered to set it up).

MBP is the most expensive computer I will probably ever own (at the time close to five figures) but meh, it's been relegated to trainer duty and is probably the last mac I will ever buy (unless something changes a lot in the future).

Various iterations of speaker solution abandoned near bike. Milwaukee radio was underwhelming at best. Baffled speaker was from my dad's youth and sounded like poo. It's headed for the dump. Current solution is 2x300 for the Tannoys and 1x500 for the sub. Much much better.
Nice setup you on Zwift??

All I did today was start my "new" TL1000S so I could hear it running. Spring can't come fast enough...

Also original battery is a YTX12-BS but a YTX14-BS almost fits. If the hold down bracket was a different shape I think it actually would fit. I suppose there's no reason to bother, unless you're trying to start it in winter

All I did today was start my "new" TL1000S so I could hear it running. Spring can't come fast enough...

Also original battery is a YTX12-BS but a YTX14-BS almost fits. If the hold down bracket was a different shape I think it actually would fit. I suppose there's no reason to bother, unless you're trying to start it in winter

Ooh...TL. Nice bike. Can you post up some pictures? Love those bikes although I’ve never owned one.

Ooh...TL. Nice bike. Can you post up some pictures? Love those bikes although I’ve never owned one.
Working on it... but garage looks like ass and with my luck, if I drag it onto the driveway right now I'll slip on some snow, drop the bike, and break my leg in the process. I only even bothered trying to start it today because it was "warm" out. Need to find a competent key cutter around here, it only came with one and it's very dodgy... it also needs a new battery (hence dropping in the oversized one) but I knew that when I bought it

Working on it... but garage looks like ass and with my luck, if I drag it onto the driveway right now I'll slip on some snow, drop the bike, and break my leg in the process. I only even bothered trying to start it today because it was "warm" out. Need to find a competent key cutter around here, it only came with one and it's very dodgy... it also needs a new battery (hence dropping in the oversized one) but I knew that when I bought it

Red or black?
Did those come in yellow too?

Enjoy, he sure did make it pretty.

I cleaned snowmobile exhaust valves because 2-stroke :)

Rocker plate will be rock and glide. I have the linear bearings but need the shaft. Ideally I would use a sheet of high count plywood (baltic birch etc) but I am contemplating being a cheap bastard and laminating up a bunch of 2'x4' pieces that I have kicking around. These speakers are very sensitive to listening height. In the sweet spot is quite good, outside it is meh. They are about an inch low low. When I build the rocker, they need to go up. This setup will move when the kids get older and their play room reverts to a gym so I'm not interested in wall/ceiling mounting anything.

Fan is on a wifi switch so I can turn it on with the phone when I get hot (theoretically alexa capable and the firecube can control it but I haven't bothered to set it up).

MBP is the most expensive computer I will probably ever own (at the time close to five figures) but meh, it's been relegated to trainer duty and is probably the last mac I will ever buy (unless something changes a lot in the future).

Various iterations of speaker solution abandoned near bike. Milwaukee radio was underwhelming at best. Baffled speaker was from my dad's youth and sounded like poo. It's headed for the dump. Current solution is 2x300 for the Tannoys and 1x500 for the sub. Much much better.

20220201_200234.jpg

I recently reunited two old friends.
After ten years of "riding it hard and putting it away wet" I parked this bike in 2004. The motor languished under the bench for at least 15 years.
For the young'uns this is a classic UJM. A 1976 Honda 750 SuperSport. The triple disc Comstars are from a 78' F.
View attachment 53193
Nice. Do you still gave the laced wheels? I have a soft spot for spokes.

I finally located a standard seat for my 74 GL, very rusty pan, good foam. Will be doing lot of welding and planishing to get it restored then recovering.

My bike came with Hondas double fatass seat, really comfortable but really ugly. Can't wait to finish the standard seat.

Took of the Honda hardbags, beer box, and trailer hitch, looking for an original GL grab rail. Unobtainable so far, thinking of fabbing one from stainless tube.

Back
Top Bottom