What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 75 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

All going well, until:

puncture-L.jpg

Fugg. This is FutureGene's problem. I just threw in a spare tube and close everything back up again:

We've all done it! :ROFLMAO:

I have an old Cargo Endurance tank bag I bought from McBrides many years ago. The magnetic portion of the tank bag can unzip from the rest of the bag, leaving behind a clear map pocket that tanks up minimal space on the tank,

I have an old Cargo Endurance tank bag I bought from McBrides many years ago. The magnetic portion of the tank bag can unzip from the rest of the bag, leaving behind a clear map pocket that tanks up minimal space on the tank,
If you bought something at McBrides.... it could have only been many years ago!

And those types of detaching tank bags are great:)

If you bought something at McBrides.... it could have only been many years ago!

And those types of detaching tank bags are great:)
Bought my wife some boots at McBride's, they've long since disintegrated. Her gloves are still o.k.

Did the first service on the 1290 SAS.
Why do KTM’s have the oil filter compartment(?) and 2 oil drain plugs?

74949fd2b8ba5401a52c68fdd7339423.jpg

7f145894f88e653fe97947a79fa8790b.jpg

Did the first service on the 1290 SAS.
Why do KTM’s have the oil filter compartment(?) and 2 oil drain plugs?

74949fd2b8ba5401a52c68fdd7339423.jpg

7f145894f88e653fe97947a79fa8790b.jpg
Dry sump?

Edit:
Yup. You are lucky it is just two plugs. Some dry sump cars are pushing double digits. There isnt a single low point that oil drains to.

Last edited:
After forty some odd years, I'm out space in my tool box. With no intention to buy a bigger one, I have to get creative when new tools arrive. My wife gave a set of Allen wrenches for Christmas; they've been sitting on the bench ever since.

Good enough wrenches, but they don't come with a stand, so I had to make one myself. I had a scrap of steel, about 0.040", left over from an old toaster oven under cabinet mount. We recycle around here! Lay it out on cardboard from a cereal box (more recycling!), then on to the real thing. A bit tough to cut with tin snips, and also difficult to get clean, crisp bends without a brake. A little improvising does the trick.

I was going to paint it, but I figured the wrenches would scratch all the paint off, so I applied some black vinyl to half of it. Riveted to the side of the box. Now out of the way and easily accessible.

Definitely looks home made, I'm a hack, I know, but it'll work quite well.

Sheesh! That's a lot of text for a measly scrap of sheet metal!

IMG-20220608-171026716.jpg

After forty some odd years, I'm out space in my tool box. With no intention to buy a bigger one, I have to get creative when new tools arrive. My wife gave a set of Allen wrenches for Christmas; they've been sitting on the bench ever since.

Good enough wrenches, but they don't come with a stand, so I had to make one myself. I had a scrap of steel, about 0.040", left over from an old toaster oven under cabinet mount. We recycle around here! Lay it out on cardboard from a cereal box (more recycling!), then on to the real thing. A bit tough to cut with tin snips, and also difficult to get clean, crisp bends without a brake. A little improvising does the trick.

I was going to paint it, but I figured the wrenches would scratch all the paint off, so I applied some black vinyl to half of it. Riveted to the side of the box. Now out of the way and easily accessible.

Definitely looks home made, I'm a hack, I know, but it'll work quite well.

Sheesh! That's a lot of text for a measly scrap of sheet metal!

IMG-20220608-171026716.jpg

I was just thinking about something similar for screwdrivers

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I was just thinking about something similar for screwdrivers

I have something:
uCdapQYm.jpg
e6Dz1AYm.jpg

Need new license plates. Have the old White and Blue ones that disintegrate and peel over time.
Just ripped the head off of one rear bolt, that was being stubborn. All other bolts go on/off easy.
Will have to look at it in the morning, before I go and pick up the new plates for the minivan.

Last edited:
I have something:
uCdapQYm.jpg
e6Dz1AYm.jpg

Need new license plates. Have the old White and Blue ones that disintegrate and peel over time.
Just ripped the head off of one rear bolt, that was being stubborn. All other bolts go on/off easy.
Will have to look at it in the morning, before I go and pick up the new plates for the minivan.

Lmao I have those already thanks

I have something:
uCdapQYm.jpg
e6Dz1AYm.jpg

That would drive me nuts lol

Then you don't want to see my garage.

I have yet found a good way to organize ALL of the tools. I've got ammo boxes, plastic boxes, shelves, and rolling tool boxes. I just can't figure out a way to BEST organize it all. Hint hint...looking for suggestions.

@Jayell great solution on the map front. That's what I want to do also. I have an older map around the house which I plan on yanking the pages out of, and then laminating them so I have a nice and clean / waterproof map available at all times. Where does one even laminate maps at nowadays.

If I need a screwdriver or hex key, I know exactly where to go. If I only owned seven, the other way would be fine.

I have my most-used tools on a couple of peg boards. When they fill up, I want to make a peg board flip-book like this:

how_to_peg_board_leaves1.jpg

Looks like a good use of space, as they can lie mostly flat against the wall and if you're strategic about which pegholes are used, you can use both sides. I like having the tools out in the open and not having to rummage through a tool box.

Then you don't want to see my garage.

I have yet found a good way to organize ALL of the tools. I've got ammo boxes, plastic boxes, shelves, and rolling tool boxes. I just can't figure out a way to BEST organize it all. Hint hint...looking for suggestions.

@Jayell great solution on the map front. That's what I want to do also. I have an older map around the house which I plan on yanking the pages out of, and then laminating them so I have a nice and clean / waterproof map available at all times. Where does one even laminate maps at nowadays.

I have a small laminator I got off Amazon so depending on the size you want I can do it for you.

I think it will do letter size iirc

Not what I did in my garage but in someone else's garage; got my windshield replaced on the Jeep. $250 in labor, $490 for the glass itself. Ouch.

Now to pray that it doesn't get taken out by another stone before I take it in for a safety in two month...

Back
Top Bottom