What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Nothing fancy but I routed and stained a piece of pine to I could use it to hang my rear stand. One stand down, three to go

CJXgTC7.png

This is a great idea!!
Totally stealing it.

This is a great idea!!
Totally stealing it.

Thanks. I added my other stands to it

xcedImm.png

I secured the wood into the studs. The hangers are screwed to the wood but not into studs however they are still sturdy enough for this application.

I'm still deciding on what to do where the wheels touch the drywall. For now I'm use using painters tape since I don't want to get my walls dirty. I am leaning towards putting in a French cleat so I can use it as some storage as well as keeping my wall clean.

xcedImm.png

I secured the wood into the studs. The hangers are screwed to the wood but not into studs however they are still sturdy enough for this application.

I'm still deciding on what to do where the wheels touch the drywall. For now I'm use using painters tape since I don't want to get my walls dirty. I am leaning towards putting in a French cleat so I can use it as some storage as well as keeping my wall clean.
Door knob protectors maybe?

Kids and grandkids dropped by for a visit. (I know i know)
Took the eight year olds for thier first ever ride around the block. Squealed the entire way.

Attachments

• received_152044490218210.jpeg
    received_152044490218210.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • received_826480651599757.jpeg
    received_826480651599757.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Repair Princess auto motorcycle lift. Hydraulic actuator cylinder seal (o-ring) failure.
I'm still struggling to get the air-lock problem solved.
GRRR got better things to do...

xcedImm.png

Yep, great idea. I've had mine hanging the same way for some time, though I don't care about any marks they might leave on the wall.

IMG_20210510_104521590.jpeg

Mounted a 50" smart tv on the wall with a home made bracket and hinge. I can swing it out from the wall and watch racing from the comfort of my bench. (got the tv off FB for 125$ - even has voice activated remote)

your garage looks like the place where 2 strokes go to heaven.

got any gasket scraping tips? I know you're not supposed to but I use a razor blade

your garage looks like the place where 2 strokes go to heaven.

got any gasket scraping tips? I know you're not supposed to but I use a razor blade

LOL... I don't have a garage so I built this shed.

No real gasket scraping tips. I have a gasket scraper that uses both metal razor blades and a plastic blade. I try not to use the metal blade. I also have a can of gasket remover - I find it helps. I also scrub with heavy duty nylon scotch bright pads used for washing pots and pans. It's a pain and takes forever. I'm always on the hunt for better more efficient ways to do this too.

LOL... I don't have a garage so I built this shed.

No real gasket scraping tips. I have a gasket scraper that uses both metal razor blades and a plastic blade. I try not to use the metal blade. I also have a can of gasket remover - I find it helps. I also scrub with heavy duty nylon scotch bright pads used for washing pots and pans. It's a pain and takes forever. I'm always on the hunt for better more efficient ways to do this too.
Roloc scotchbrite pads?

Back
Top Bottom