What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Roloc scotchbrite pads?

If those are the dremel disc things, no.

I cut these up and hand scrub. There's a green one too that's a bit more aggressive that I use too.
SB622-121_1000x1000.png

I already posted that I mounted the 50" tv. Here's some pics if anyone wants to steel my cheapo pivot/hinge idea
First pic - against the wall visible but out of the way
Second - swung out
Third - simple wood bracket

Free Pro Tip - Unlike me trim the bracket to clear your toolbox before you get it all hung

HPIM0851.jpgHPIM0852.jpgHPIM0853.jpg

I already posted that I mounted the 50" tv. Here's some pics if anyone wants to steel my cheapo pivot/hinge idea
First pic - against the wall visible but out of the way
Second - swung out
Third - simple wood bracket

Free Pro Tip - Unlike me trim the bracket to clear your toolbox before you get it all hung

View attachment 48757View attachment 48758View attachment 48759
Works well but with the cost of wood these days the $50 pivet/wall mount one's from Amazon might be cheaper.

Hell of an idea @timtune might have to throw a TV in the garage like that.
The original idea was an old computor so I could dig up helpful wrenching info and videos. Then a buddy mounted a smart TV in his garage and my Squeeze decided I needed to one up him and she went on the hunt. I guess with little shopping to do of her own during covid this was her chance. I just sat back and watched.

Finally found an original seat for the Oldwing. The foam is perfect, cover and pan are shot. Started restoring the pan tonight, cut off 2” of rusty metal from one side and welded about 1/2 back in.

No more welding in shorts running shoes. Nothing reminds you of safety more than a drip of molten steel rolling down your leg and into your shoe.

Rented a dumpster and tossed a whole lot of junk out, nice to see some more floor space.
Still fiddling about trying to organize my tools, space and where all the shelving and work benches should go.... I still have one at work I need to bring home..

I’ll let you know tomorrow as I’m installing it after work today. It def looks and feels much more comfortable than the stock seat.

Was it a kijiji purchase? Remember seeing one just like it on there recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it a kijiji purchase? Remember seeing one just like it on there recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it was. I did a lot of kms yesterday to get it.

EDIT: was wondering what the eff was going on with my google maps on the phone. Somehow ‘avoid highways’ got toggled. Wtf.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom