What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Got a phone call yesterday from "the old lady across the street" ( her words not mine). Her husband had been yanking for a while and their lawnmower didn't want to fire. Propane up its hooha and half a pull and it fired.
Drained the carb on mine. The neighbour's starts and runs, the broken cable is for the self-propelled clutch.

I stared at the vehicle ramps hanging from the rafters and thought long and hard about getting them down to do an oil change on my Volt.

Then I decided to go sit under the gazebo and have a frosty beer instead.

Yes I'm familiar with them. It's a 125 bottom end with a 200cc jug. Good offroad bike if you can shed some of the weight off it. I don't think many would trust one on a 10,000km roadtrip with the constant possibility of it throwing the powervalve into the cylinder.
I tossed a couple of PVs. If you cleaned them once a year they were no trouble. My first one dropped at 20,000km. That was also my first top end job.

You could unbolt the 6lb rack, 8lb battery was also not needed. The fmf pipe I had was another 6 lbs lighter.

Did you add something or just got annoyed shuffling toys to get to the one you wanted to play with?
picked Up 3 of the bikes that were either just in at the shop or in for service , and my wife just got a new intrepid go kart.
The one garage now getting full with , 4 cars , 2 sleds ,one atv ,2 go karts ,4 post lift , and 11 motorcycles . Other garage full with 2 cars and 2 mountain bikes ....poor Dodge Ram lives outside full time

picked Up 3 of the bikes that were either just in at the shop or in for service , and my wife just got a new intrepid go kart.
The one garage now getting full with , 4 cars , 2 sleds ,one atv ,2 go karts ,4 post lift , and 11 motorcycles . Other garage full with 2 cars and 2 mountain bikes ....poor Dodge Ram lives outside full time
This is a simple problem with a simple solution....a bigger garage. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy!

This is a simple problem with a simple solution....a bigger garage. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy!
Was going to add a third garage this year but the building costs are stupid , I don’t want to pay 2 to 400 percent more just to have it now. I can “ suffer “ until later in the year or next year

I hear from 2 groups....one states that the price will just keep going up of all materials and labour....and the other that it’ll go back to Pre-Covid pricing...

Not sure who to believe anymore so unless it’s critical we are holding off on windows, siding/stucco and roof. They’re all in good shape, but time will come eventually.

I hear from 2 groups....one states that the price will just keep going up of all materials and labour....and the other that it’ll go back to Pre-Covid pricing...

Not sure who to believe anymore so unless it’s critical we are holding off on windows, siding/stucco and roof. They’re all in good shape, but time will come eventually.
Probably see a spiral down in costs sometime late this year. It’s simple supply and demand. Covid has slowed harvest and processing lumber, Covid has driven up demand as people are at home and they are not spending on dining and travel.

When lumberjacks and mills return, they will flood the market at a time when consumers are heading back to travel and dining, and turning focus away from home improvement.

Was going to add a third garage this year but the building costs are stupid , I don’t want to pay 2 to 400 percent more just to have it now. I can “ suffer “ until later in the year or next year
A place down the road from me has a 7800 sq ft house with triple garage and 8800 sq ft insulated workshop that was apparently built for someone's toy collection. In the grand scheme of crazy house prices, it was actually reasonably priced.

A place down the road from me has a 7800 sq ft house with triple garage and 8800 sq ft insulated workshop that was apparently built for someone's toy collection. In the grand scheme of crazy house prices, it was actually reasonably priced.
Near me a guy built a place with an 8 car garage extending out the back, on a lower level, so you couldn't tell it was there from the road. Then for some reason he decided to sell. Lots of people liked the idea, but didn't want to pay the crazy price he thought it was worth

Near me a guy built a place with an 8 car garage extending out the back, on a lower level, so you couldn't tell it was there from the road. Then for some reason he decided to sell. Lots of people liked the idea, but didn't want to pay the crazy price he thought it was worth
The one near me wasn't cheap, but all things considered was reasonably priced imo. 25 acres, house and shop for just over 3. There is a subdivision going in beside it which isn't ideal but those subdivision houses are going for ~1. So you get a house that is probably triple the size, a huge shop and 25 acres for triple the money. Seems fair if you can afford it (and want a big house).

I tested the "socket & hammer" method for removing valve keepers. I thought it was a joke at first but it worked perfect. Won't be messing around with the C clamp until I put it back together.

Also racked off another batch of Hardcore cider. (I had to keep the name and logo simple because it's a hand cut stencil)
HPIM0826.jpg

Nothing fancy but I routed and stained a piece of pine to I could use it to hang my rear stand. One stand down, three to go

CJXgTC7.png

Replaced our 10yr old JD 42" mower for a new JD 54" mower. Tore into it as soon as I got it home to make sure it was properly put together and lubed sufficiently at dealer and while at it gave the snowblower the same treatment.
Realized while trailering the mower home I'm now in full dad/mode as I'm now admiring my new lawnmower (and also new BBQ recently). Ready for some blue/white NB sneakers I guess.

Re-assembled the trailer to see how it all fits together. 10-15min tops. Need to figure a way to run wiring easier/cleaner. Currently using zip ties and wrapping around rear axle. PO recommended Velcro straps.

5386A928-AB8E-4527-AAE7-5DBFCB3F0111.jpeg

And also installed the centre stand on the X

16841AD9-D478-4C70-9032-A3BDE9FBF1A1.jpeg

DF7DCFF6-1A4F-401D-93DC-AD9FDD9C8989.jpeg

Re-assembled the trailer to see how it all fits together. 10-15min tops. Need to figure a way to run wiring easier/cleaner. Currently using zip ties and wrapping around rear axle. PO recommended Velcro straps.

View attachment 48549
I end up routing my wiring a little differently each time, but usually through the lynch pin D-rings of the axle, then up along the top side of the channel (this is where a velcro strap, long zip tie, or even just some painters tape will hold it from dragging on the ground). I no longer have the original wiring harness, though - the LED strip light I have has pretty short runs to the "T" connector, so it worked out well for this application. I have them taped to the axles, only because they've held up well, and I've been too lazy to bother fixing what ain't broke.

Back
Top Bottom