• not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about some good news.

Background - infection and death rates United Kingdom COVID: 4,452,756 Cases and 127,684 Deaths - Worldometer note rates plummeting through February and March
Background - vaccination progress Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research Add Canada by typing it in and clicking the checkbox, remove some countries as needed to unclutter the graph.

On the basis of percentage of total population with at least one dose, it looks like Canada will catch up to and overtake the USA roughly this Thursday 20th May. YES, I know the USA has a much bigger percentage of the population fully vaccinated, but in order to get that second dose, you must first get the first dose. We still have catching up to do but it is heading in the right direction.

It also looks like we will reach 50% of the total population vaccinated with at least one dose by roughly Saturday 22nd.

Our percentage with at least one dose right now, is roughly where the UK was at the end of March roughly when their infection rates were dropping fast. Keep in mind that we've already dropped to about half what it was at the peak a couple of weeks ago. The UK at that time had also given out few second doses with their own delayed-second-dose strategy.

It is conceivable that our percentage with at least one dose will catch up to the UK in a couple of weeks. They're ahead of us in giving out second doses, but they're also going back to focusing on getting first doses to specific regions where the India variant is spreading.

This week's Pfizer and Moderna shipment - 4.5 million doses - are enough to cover about 12% of the entire population with one dose. That alone is enough to achieve all of the above.

The city of Toronto's press briefing today (no link - listened on 680 News while in my car) says that their vaccine appointments are mostly booked (97%-ish) for the next few weeks and 70%-ish for the first week of June. If that's indicative of ongoing demand across the country (and I've seen no indication otherwise) then vaccine demand also should be enough to achieve all of the above.

Eventually we'll run out of people to vaccinate with the first dose ... probably later in June.

One other small thing, in case anyone hasn't been paying attention to the news. Due to this week's big vaccine shipment, Ontario is opening up registration to anyone 18+ a week earlier than planned, starting Tuesday 18th.

I was happy to hear that Toronto was at ~97% booked appointment capacity.

has anyone read or heard that if you have 2 doses you can bypass quarantine coming into the country? I have not. But it’s going through the Polish community and hearing more about it. This stuff spreads like wildfire.

has anyone read or heard that if you have 2 doses you can bypass quarantine coming into the country? I have not. But it’s going through the Polish community and hearing more about it. This stuff spreads like wildfire.

Our government hasn't sorted this out yet but it's likely to be dragged into vaccine passports whether they like it or not.

Keep an eye out for the EU Digital Green Certificate: COVID-19: Digital green certificates

Hopefully there will be an internationally co-ordinated approach: Canada will align policy on 'vaccine passports' with international allies: Trudeau

It appears unlikely that the Americans will participate willingly ... but I suspect that they are going to be dragged into it. There's no other way forward.

Wife is going today after work. She’s excited and so am I. That means our entire family is vaccinated with a first shot, and cousins are 50% now as her husband is on the 25th.

Wife is going today after work. She’s excited and so am I. That means our entire family is vaccinated with a first shot, and cousins are 50% now as her husband is on the 25th.
Good news for your family.

SIL has apparently lost touch with reality. She is refusing to be vaccinated until the vaccine is allowed under a conventional approval instead of an emergency approval. Not a bad plan in theory, but in practice that means a five year wait. In-laws are unimpressed and told her that she may not be able to use the cottage if they are there as if they get covid, odds are not good. In-laws get their second shots in late July (theoretically). I wonder how long they can hold up resistance in the face of a petulant 40+ yo child. This is the same person that describes her kids food sensitivity as anaphylactic. He gets a little red. They have epi-pens for it but very rarely carry them. Crazy facebook groups rule that house.

It appears unlikely that the Americans will participate willingly ... but I suspect that they are going to be dragged into it. There's no other way forward.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a vaccine passport will be required in the very near future for international travel. The freedom folk can gripe all they want which may affect local policy, but other countries aren't going to care too much.

Once Americans realize that they won't be able to get on a cruise or go to Cancun, they're going to be forced to change their minds.

Got this email this morning from Ottawa:

"Vaccination appointments in provincial booking system temporarily full at community clinics"

Hey Hogtown, send us some ******* vaccine.

Got this email this morning from Ottawa:

"Vaccination appointments in provincial booking system temporarily full at community clinics"​

Hey Hogtown, send us some ******* vaccine.
Toronto is bitching for the opposite. They are annoyed that they don't maintain priority as a hot spot and spreading the vaccines out across the province slows down their campaign.

Heh...

Between JT and Ford they have screwed up royally . Canada is laughing stock of the world .

Our leaders to busy about appearing woke then doing the right thing .

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a vaccine passport will be required in the very near future for international travel. The freedom folk can gripe all they want which may affect local policy, but other countries aren't going to care too much.

Once Americans realize that they won't be able to get on a cruise or go to Cancun, they're going to be forced to change their minds.
I think you a incorrect . More and more states are making vaccine passports illegal . Big retailer Walmart already said . They will follow state policies .

Why do you need passports when you are vaccinated . You are safe . Right ?

Poland has indicated they are joining EU for a vaccine passport as of May 20th. My cousins are already ready to buy tickets and seeing how they can get around the hotel quarantine.

I think you a incorrect . More and more states are making vaccine passports illegal . Big retailer Walmart already said . They will follow state policies .

Not everyone can be vaccinated. Some people have legitimate reasons that prevent it (medical reasons, under approved age, etc).

States and even federal level at the US may decide that they won't require vaccine passports but that doesn't mean they won't have to play along if other countries do. It looks like EU and many other places will require it so US will have to figure out a reasonable way to get their data onto those forms for those that request it. People moan about the passports and think they aren't required, but those with money and influence are the ones that are going to want to travel and therefore rules will be set to facilitate that. I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere like mexico that relies heavily on tourism welcomes visitors with open arms and requires no documentation.

Great job proving my point. Other countries are not going to care what Florida's policy is on vaccine passports.

Toronto is bitching for the opposite. They are annoyed that they don't maintain priority as a hot spot and spreading the vaccines out across the province slows down their campaign.
It was interesting hearing on GTAM how fast people were getting appointments.

When the kids signed up here, as soon as it came online a few weeks ago, there were no appointments available for May, but June was wide open.

I suppose we could have driven four hours to get an earlier appointment, but that shouldn't be necessary, and persecutes the poor.

It was interesting hearing on GTAM how fast people were getting appointments.

When the kids signed up here, as soon as it came online a few weeks ago, there were no appointments available for May, but June was wide open.

I suppose we could have driven four hours to get an earlier appointment, but that shouldn't be necessary, and persecutes the poor.
Toronto and Peel had priority access for two weeks. 50% of province supply went there. I couldn't get a shot in Simcoe (no supply) so I drove to York (beside the office) as they had some and needed arms. I agree, vaccination through mobility is a terrible policy.

Ride down for some wings and be fully vaccinated.
Meanwhile, on the same day JT says the border won't reopen until Canada is 75% vaccinated. I don't even know what that means. We can't possibly get to 75% of the population vaccinated as ~20% of the population is under the approved age. Given his propensity for saying one thing and doing another, I will go with lowest possible bar that statement could be applied to with 75% of eligible people in Canada getting at least one shot. We are doing 0.88%/day and were at 44.7% yesterday. That means theoretically 35 days but the problem is the hesitancy. As time progresses there will be fewer willing arms. I would be pretty surprised if we ever got to 75% of eligible vaccinated (assuming it remains optional) yet alone in 35 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom