• not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

I read today that we'll have pretty much the overwhelming majority of the province done with both shots (hovering around 75-85% of the population, which honestly, is amazing) done by the end of July if current trends and enthusiasm continue.

If that holds, we're in a great scenario for getting (hopefully single shot) boosters into arms quickly come the fall - by then we should hopefully be back to normal walk in clinics, doctors offices, etc etc - throw in some big clinics in the heavily populated areas and we could whizz through the whole province in a matter of weeks.

Assuming we have the supply.

That's the big gamble, as we all experienced from this round. We've proven we can get needles in arms in big numbers when we have the stuff to fill them with.

Agreed.

I read today that we'll have pretty much the overwhelming majority of the province done with both shots (hovering around 75-85% of the population, which honestly, is amazing) done by the end of July if current trends and enthusiasm continue.

Not only that, but the numbers support coming somewhere close to that for the country as a whole. We're already at 65% of the population with one dose and 13% with two: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccinations - Statistics and Research

And, as far as I can tell, we're due 7 million Moderna and 7.2 million Pfizer in June (including this week - some of it might have just come in), and 8 million Pfizer in July ... 58% of our population. That's more than the amount needed to cover everyone who has already had one dose, with their second. It's pretty close to what would be needed to get to 70% of the whole population with both.

YES, I know that both Manitoba and Alberta are setting up a lottery to encourage more people to get vaccinated ... They are still not in bad shape as far as vaccination totals go. Map on this page (N.B. this is more than a week behind the situation on the ground): COVID-19 vaccination coverage in Canada - Canada.ca

Perhaps there's a little bit of apparent disorder in the process ... but we are getting it done.

If it turns out that we need a booster shot or to provide variant protection ... No problem, as far as I am concerned.

As expected, the federal gov't appears to be screwing the pooch on the vaccine passports. They are consulting with provinces, talking, trying to develop their own solution, etc. If other countries have already done the legwork creating a system, shouldn't our starting point be that system? Wankers. They talk and then spend billions to implement systems that are abject failures because they want to do it themselves but aren't even capable of defining the scope yet alone evaluating performance.

“The idea would be to find the best, common secure platform for Canadians who want to have proof of vaccination in the context of international travel,” he said.

LeBlanc says the government may provide Canadians who want to travel soon an interim document to verify vaccinations.

“The urgency of coming up with a secure, reliable, probably digital proof of vaccination is something we’re that working on collaboratively with provinces,” LeBlanc added.

This doesn’t surprise me. Government.

I was on the Parks Canada government website this morning trying to book a parking pass for a national park we are going to be at next week and it was a complete Gong Show. It asked me the same question several times, made me use my bank account to verify myself (because government I guess???! For parking? Honestly?), then proceeded to have a step 1, step 2, step 3, step 2, and then step 4.

About 10 minutes of jumping through hoops to get a…parking pass.

Just booked my second shot for a week today (I'm 43, first shot was April 22), and I'm going full guinea pig by getting an mRNA shot after the AZ one in April. Early antibody testing shows the highest response with that combo, but I guess it means I'll have two masters between Gates and Soros. I'll let them decide who gets the remote...

The provincial website is a bit of a mess, but if you keep refreshing, you'll get one. I started with July 10, then June 29, then June 22nd, as every new appointment automatically releases a previous appointment. Hopefully the line is more organised than the hours long wait we had getting my father-in-law his second shot at Shoppers.

Just booked my second shot for a week today (I'm 43, first shot was April 22), and I'm going full guinea pig by getting an mRNA shot after the AZ one in April. Early antibody testing shows the highest response with that combo, but I guess it means I'll have two masters between Gates and Soros. I'll let them decide who gets the remote...

The provincial website is a bit of a mess, but if you keep refreshing, you'll get one. I started with July 10, then June 29, then June 22nd, as every new appointment automatically releases a previous appointment. Hopefully the line is more organised than the hours long wait we had getting my father-in-law his second shot at Shoppers.
Which one are you getting? Based on what I have seen so far, I leaning towards Pfizer after AZ. I still have weeks before I'm eligible.

Both my mother and I have had both shots booked and completed through the York portal. Really well organized every time, in and out in under 20 minutes, with waiting the 15 minutes after the shot.

Trillium is basically saying "watch your email", and expect the second dose to be 4 to 6 weeks before your originally scheduled second-dose date (which in my case was 10 August). Early July is fine with me, I'm just going to let them do their thing.

Trillium is basically saying "watch your email", and expect the second dose to be 4 to 6 weeks before your originally scheduled second-dose date (which in my case was 10 August). Early July is fine with me, I'm just going to let them do their thing.

I am July 9 now up from Aug 9th

I booked for number #2 AZ waiting list and confirmed I want AZ. However I could only find a 60% efficacy rate for AZ. Anyone know what it is when one gets AZ+Pfizer? Higher? Lower? Negligible difference?

I was up at 3am on Monday to reschedule my second dose through Halton's website (their server was down from 9pm Sunday to 3am Monday to update with the new parameters/qualifications)...originally was booked for August 20 (first dose of Pfizer was April 30), now going next Friday, June 25...Pfizer for the second dose as well...just waiting for the next qualifying dates (first dose by...) so I can rebook hubby...AND, if they open the border, we might be off to MO to watch my stepson graduate from Army basic training... :D

I booked for number #2 AZ waiting list and confirmed I want AZ. However I could only find a 60% efficacy rate for AZ. Anyone know what it is when one gets AZ+Pfizer? Higher? Lower? Negligible difference?
AZ + Pfizer is apparently much better against delta (mid to high 80% effective). Back to brian p's talking point though, as today is better than something else next week.

Great news for those with even just a single shot, much less 2.

Just about anything at this point is showing effective against you ending up in the hospital.

If current vaccines turn Covid and all current variants into a 24 or 48 hour cold and flu like symptoms or whatever, hell, I'm good with that. We KNOW some people are going to continue to get it - the key is not letting the hospitals get overrun. If we can manage that, we're out of this.

Which one are you getting? Based on what I have seen so far, I leaning towards Pfizer after AZ. I still have weeks before I'm eligible.
I went back and forth on this, as I figured if I didn't get the AZ for the second shot, I might never have the option again. But the limited studies done to date seem to show the strongest antibody response from people who have mixed doses, so I'm going that way. It's all a roll of the dice at this point, and I figure it's better to just get something done. Weirdly, stretching the AZ doses out to 12 weeks seems to provide optimal protection that way, but as I'm out and about regularly for work, I didn't want to add any unnecessary time waiting.

Both my mother and I have had both shots booked and completed through the York portal. Really well organized every time, in and out in under 20 minutes, with waiting the 15 minutes after the shot.
The difference seems to be between the provincial sites and pharmacies. Our collective experience at the provincial sites has been excellent, but pharmacies have been hit and miss.

They've updated the online booking system, but it takes a bit of browser refresh work, not unlike trying to buy tickets to a high demand concert in the good old days.

Once you enter your basic info (date of first shot, age), it seems to know when you qualify for a second dose and then lets you choose whether you want AZ or mRNA for shot two. After choosing mRNA, and selecting provincial site (not pharmacy), you plug in your health card info, identical to when getting a test result. From there, it asks for a city, postal code or address, and then pops up all the available locations. Selecting one gives the times available.

This is where the persistence part comes into play, as most slots will already be taken when you select them (or some will say they have no available slots despite saying they do on the previous page). I just kept hitting 'back' (which refreshes the list) and trying again with whatever pops up. Eventually one will go, and you can finalise the booking. Even after booking, you can keep hunting for a closer time, and if you find one, it'll automatically open up your previous slot. Hence why I was able to move up from my original 12-week date of July 15 to June 22. I was able to get my Mother-in-Law a slot for Friday too, after about 15 minutes of back-and-forthing.

I'm not sure what radius it works off of, but from Hamilton, I was getting hits for Scarborough, Brampton, Fonthill, St Catharines, Delhi, Wainfleet, Toronto, among others. I'm actually going to Simcoe for my shot, but it seems to reach beyond your home region.

I believe that UK Health issued findings today AZ/AZ was 92% effective against delta variant against hospitalization while P/P was 96%. UK doesnt used Moderna so there was no data.

From memory so I could be off on %s etc

I believe that UK Health issued findings today AZ/AZ was 92% effective against delta variant against hospitalization while P/P was 96%. UK doesnt used Moderna so there was no data.

From memory so I could be off on %s etc

Yep…and I think Moderna is about 0.9% lower vs Pfizer in some other studies. So I would expect Moderna/Moderna would be about 95%.

I did AZ/Moderna (2nd shot this morning). So far, it’s just upper arm soreness. No other issues .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was up at 3am on Monday to reschedule my second dose through Halton's website (their server was down from 9pm Sunday to 3am Monday to update with the new parameters/qualifications)...originally was booked for August 20 (first dose of Pfizer was April 30), now going next Friday, June 25...Pfizer for the second dose as well...just waiting for the next qualifying dates (first dose by...) so I can rebook hubby...AND, if they open the border, we might be off to MO to watch my stepson graduate from Army basic training... :D

We planned on doing the same (had alarms set for 2:30am) but we checked at 11:30pm Sunday and it had opened back up earlier than scheduled.
Fingers crossed you get to see the grad ceremony in person .

If you can get the Pfizer great…but don’t hesitate to get the Moderna if the dates/availability make sense.

I went Moderna…wife is waiting until next Tuesday to get Pfizer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom