Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not booking it yet but I might get it eventually

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • not going to get vaccinated

Votes: 13 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why people cannot figure out why there are virtually no cases of the flu.....2 years ago if I felt mediocre....I went to work. Now.....nope. AND people are all wearing masks and handwashing and working from home. The vectors for disease are being reduced....less travel etc. All of these things combine to reduce our interactions with others and reduce the flu. It isn't pocket science (that was for psafmdg)

The common cold has a covid variant.

So this might be a deadly flu

The common cold has a "coronavirus" version.

... but it's not the same coronavirus that we're having difficulty with at the moment. Not being a biologist myself, I don't know how different it is.

It would be rather interesting if it turned out that getting a covid19 vaccine also gave immunity against the coronavirus version of the common cold ... although colds are of such low severity that it's not really a priority to do much about them.

I tend to suspect that it isn't going to work that way, because if it did, then immunity against the coronavirus version of the common cold ought to give immunity against covid19 as well ... and I've never heard any such claim being made by anyone anywhere. Two different coronaviruses.

... but it's not the same coronavirus that we're having difficulty with at the moment. Not being a biologist myself, I don't know how different it is.

Your body reacts differently to different strains of a virus, but not necessarily different variants..

Which is why Influenza is split to types A and B.

Most of the deaths have been linked to an over reaction of the persons immune system, which happens when people are introduced to new viruses and new strains of viruses.

These shots are priming the immune system so it doesn't over react which will prevent most hospitalizations and deaths.

But none of them work like a "traditional" vaccine like polio or measles that prevents the infection to begin with.

I really don't understand why people cannot figure out why there are virtually no cases of the flu.....2 years ago if I felt mediocre....I went to work. Now.....nope. AND people are all wearing masks and handwashing and working from home. The vectors for disease are being reduced....less travel etc. All of these things combine to reduce our interactions with others and reduce the flu. It isn't pocket science (that was for psafmdg)
You’re forgetting the important “fact” that COVID is just the flu started in a Chinese lab in order to exterminate the non communist world (but it’s simultaneously rubbish apparently at killing people) and also somehow linked to Bill Gates and George Soros as an exercise in fitting everyone with chips and sterilizing them.

... and it wiped out a whole bunch of their own, too, although good luck with finding out how many.

Weapons are supposed to target your opponent. One that inflicts similar damage on all sides, isn't a very good one.

Oh, one other thing ... a weapon that targets your customers who are buying all sorts of stuff from you, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Yes. not just the flu, but all kinds of infections. I work with thousands of students a year, so I get exposed to all kinds of bugs. Trying to get students to stay at home when sick is a challenge. We have to promise them they won't lose credit for missing a lab while they're sitting on a bench barely able to stand. Have to get someone to help them get home safely, but if it means losing a mark, they're coming in. I usually get a cold once a term; only lasts a day or so at the worst. Since a year ago last January, I haven't had a sniffle, sore throat or cough. I just haven't been exposed to sick people.

Edit. I got my second jab last Friday. No bad side-effects.

Yes. not just the flu, but all kinds of infections. I work with thousands of students a year, so I get exposed to all kinds of bugs. Trying to get students to stay at home when sick is a challenge. We have to promise them they won't lose credit for missing a lab while they're sitting on a bench barely able to stand. Have to get someone to help them get home safely, but if it means losing a mark, they're coming in. I usually get a cold once a term; only lasts a day or so at the worst. Since a year ago last January, I haven't had a sniffle, sore throat or cough. I just haven't been exposed to sick people.

Edit. I got my second jab last Friday. No bad side-effects.
What, no spreadsheet from TDSB to back up this claim? 😬

The hardest thing in life is to admit you to say I am wrong . No matter what I say or do you will die with your TV opinion . No matter what I post . You will go down with your experimental vaccine .

For the record, I have never once, ever, seen you admit you were wrong.

Even in the face of undeniable information provided to you that clearly shows it.

You just don't respond when it happens.

I think I posted it already, but I had my second shot last Thursday. Moderna again.

Felt a tiny bit unwell (and really not even that bad, just...bleh-ish) at about the 20-24 hour point for the remainder of that day, went to bed early that night, and that was it really.

Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom