used to be able to get the HBO back catalogue with Prime and VPN
now they won't even let me buy it without a US credit card

and they wonder why Canadians are such accomplished pirates

we have crave, it works good

This thread brought to you by the letter

R-Gaelic-capital.png

Reactions: J_F
Just finished Narcos Mexico. Not as good as the first Narcos but it built up well.

now just started on House of Cards....very good indeed.

Also recently finished WACO and that was good.

now just started on House of Cards....very good indeed.
What you never watched this show? It is excellent, actually it should have ended at season 2 (you see when you get there). The rest of the seasons are good until well the very last season. Enjoy!

Getting into S3 of Yellowstone myself.

Last edited:
thanks, looks interesting

used to be able to get the HBO back catalogue with Prime and VPN
now they won't even let me buy it without a US credit card

The licensing of shows for the Canadian market, via Prime and Netflix, just plain sucks. I have friends out West who produce indie content that's licensed for Prime in the US. Virtually their whole catalogue, dating back 15 years (they've been at it since college in '98) is available there. Not Canada though, despite the fact that the president of the production company now lives in Vancouver. (Yes, some rare people who said, If Trump wins I'm moving to Canada" actually did it.)

House of cards...havent watched it since the main character got the boot..

is it still good?

Anyone catch Raised by Wolves?

Shouty robots vs alien creatures. Futuristic religious nuts vs futuristic atheist nuts. Apocalyptic generation ships. And a Chosen One prophecy.

It's like every single sci-fi concept thrown into one movie. But Ridley Scott makes it all work. Saw the first three episodes, eager to see where this goes.

First episode is on YouTube for free here:

Discovered a good comedy sitcom, AP Bio. Funny, decently written, somewhat smart

World's Toughest Race: Eco-challenge Fiji. Not a Bear Grylls fan but the scenery and team's tenacity hooked me.

Ted Lasso is really good. British humour mixed with Jason Sudakis comedy smarts. Works really well. Funny and charming.

House of cards...havent watched it since the main character got the boot..

is it still good?
Its done now but the ending wasn't as good as the start.

Started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix.

I had been curious to see it based on the good reviews when it was a YouTube exclusive and 4 episodes in I'm hooked so far.

Probably because I grew up with the original movies, it's pretty cool to see how the story is playing out decades later. Without the history and nostalgia I don't know if it would be as entertaining but if you were a kid in the 80s and liked the movies you'll probably enjoy it.

Started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix.

I had been curious to see it based on the good reviews when it was a YouTube exclusive and 4 episodes in I'm hooked so far.

Probably because I grew up with the original movies, it's pretty cool to see how the story is playing out decades later. Without the history and nostalgia I don't know if it would be as entertaining but if you were a kid in the 80s and liked the movies you'll probably enjoy it.

Both seasons are fantastic, highly recommended!

time for another go-around with Weeds
I recall it jumped the shark around season 5
had forgotten about my thing for Nancy Pants

I lost interest somewhere in the 6th season, but first few seasons were great. Nancy Pants was definitely a reason to watch lol...

Finally got into Animal Kingdom, the last few seasons were much more interesting.
(but the show reminds me of Son's of Anarchy - bunch of guys with mommy issues ?‍♂️ )
Yellowstone S3 was good. Most of the time I am just watching for the views, gotta get out west sometime soon.
The Capture - was entertaining.

Archer is back! Nowhere nearly as good as the early seasons, still pretty decent though.

Back
Top Bottom