TV shows currently watching | Page 132 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Mayor of Kingstown is dark but a show about prison is gonna be.

From the creator of Yellowstone along with a Canadian connection with is co-creator and filmed in the hammer/Burlington areas.

Pretty good show. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was filmed in the old prison in Kingston too!

The Wheel of Time... pretty meh. Lots of things seem to be left out.

The Wheel of Time... pretty meh. Lots of things seem to be left out.
I actually liked it better than I was expecting. Didn't read the books so can't comment on what was left out or not but it pleasantly surprised me.

Like someone else said, it's no GoT but a solid 7-8 for me.

Afterlife season 3 is on Netflix now. Ricky Gervais is great in this. It is a comedy but there are some poignant, almost sad messages in the series. I find it really clever.

Book of Boba Fett: Who is that guy in the armor pretending to be Boba Fett?

Fett was a bad-ass, not a do-gooding softie.

Also, talks way too much. Star Wars Fett had like 2 lines in all of the movies. This guy is like Hamlet in comparison.

Pedro Pascal (or whoever was standing in for him in the armor) emoted a lot more with just his body language.

That Tusken Raider episode was a good one though. Reminded me of the movie The 13th Warrior.

Last edited:
Still watching "Them". Not what i expected. Really good.

Book of Boba Fett: Who is that guy in the armor pretending to be Boba Fett?

Fett was a bad-ass, not a do-gooding softie.

Also, talks way too much. Star Wars Fett had like 2 lines in all of the movies. This guy is like Hamlet in comparison.

Pedro Pascal (or whoever was standing in for him in the armor) emoted a lot more with just his body language.

That Tusken Raider episode was a good one though. Reminded me of the movie The 13th Warrior.

Although I’m thinking your question is mostly (if not purely) rhetorical, have you watched the 20 minute doc “Under the Helmet”? It’s very cool and talks about the various actors who have played BF.
Fett had 4 lines over two movies and just over 6 minutes of screen time. RIP Jeremy Bulloch.

Temeura Morrison who plays him now originally played Jango Fett in the prequels. I believe he voiced the Clone Troopers in the animated Clone Wars series.

I have to hand it to Favreau and Co. - never thought I’d be cheering on the Sandpeople!

BellMedia somehow manages to make everything they touch so much worse with their almost aggressive blandness and ineptitude (see CityTV, TSN, CTV, multiple radio stations, MuchMusic, etc.), and Crave is no exception. The app is awful, it constantly logs you out and then at least half the time doesn't let you log back in, often audio doesn't work (even through the Cogeco TV box), and it's janky on all platforms.

But...

They have most HBO and HBO Max shows, and some are unavoidably great. All the 'Best of 2021' critics lists made their inevitable appearance over the holidays, and we decided to see what we'd missed, many of which are only on Crave. At least we're only funding a bumbling Canadian mini-megacorp, instead of the much more sinister Amazon or Apple.

We finished Station Eleven last week, and while some of the 'Shakespeare will save the world!' elements were a bit over the top, it still managed to be a very well told story looking at a post-apocalyptic world through a totally unique and surprisingly uplifting lens. It's intricately told, with so many layers it almost demands repeat watches, and has incredible characters/performances that pull you past some of the more self-important elements with ease.

Then with the cold this weekend keeping us inside, we binged all six hours of The White Lotus, which is the polar opposite in both world and world-view (unhappy rich people complaining about paradise), but just as powerful in it's own way. If a career in the hospitality business is a possibility, this show will definitely make you think twice.

Hacks, Landscapers and The Investigation are up next, along with catching up on some critical darlings we missed along the way (True Detective S1, Watchmen, a few others), so we can't cancel the subscription just yet. Maybe when things warm up and the bike and boat are available again...

I can't believe people are still paying subscriptions to watch stuff. 🤷‍♂️

I have a couple of low cost ones (Britbox, Acorn, PBS for foreign TV series). It’s hard to get some content on …err….the high seas. One thing that ticks me off is that for Netflix if you want the highest resolution you have to pay a higher tier fee. Amazon Prime video is at the highest resolution though. I’m still paying a fraction of what I used to pay with Starchoice. We must have saved thousands over the past few years.

Keep it up and I'll start up about my dvd collection.
as i'm in the process of going through my dads stuff, i can tell you i found PLENTY of VHS tapes, and a VHS player.

:LOL:

funny enough i still remember the first time i watched a DVD. Saw Blade on a 50" Plasma back in the day, mind was blown.

I have a couple of low cost ones (Britbox, Acorn, PBS for foreign TV series). It’s hard to get some content on …err….the high seas. One thing that ticks me off is that for Netflix if you want the highest resolution you have to pay a higher tier fee. Amazon Prime video is at the highest resolution though. I’m still paying a fraction of what I used to pay with Starchoice. We must have saved thousands over the past few years.
there are a few websites that have pretty much damn near everything when it comes to TV and Movies. If anyone needs an example just PM me.

These days i just stream everything, plug a laptop or tablet into the TV and bingo. 1080p+ all day.

I can't believe people are still paying subscriptions to watch stuff. 🤷‍♂️
I made the decision a few years ago to pay for the media we consume as much as possible, whether it's sports, music, TV or movies. Sure, there's lots of moral grey areas, but it's simpler for my conscience to just keep as much legit as possible. We even pay extra for a Tidal family music plan because they pay the artists a lot more per stream than the awful Spotify/Apple/YouTube thieves. I know too many people in the music 'business' to give those con artists any money...

The only exceptions are things you just can't get here legally, like some Italian and UK programming or older shows and movies that don't have a distribution deal. Or, we pay for BritBox and Acorn even though we usually watch a lot of their shows directly on the various UK streaming services because they come out earlier. We once watched so much BBC that we tried to pay for a BBC license using a random UK address, but they refunded the money because there was already a paid license at the address. The quality of BBC programming has dropped a lot since, so I haven't tried again.

Definitely not moralising, it's just where we choose to draw the line. It adds up every month/year (DAZN, MotoGP, Crave, Netflix, Disney+, Prime, BritBox, Acorn, PBS, Tidal), but we can afford it, so no biggie.

there are a few websites that have pretty much damn near everything when it comes to TV and Movies. If anyone needs an example just PM me.

These days i just stream everything, plug a laptop or tablet into the TV and bingo. 1080p+ all day.

Careful.

You might need to buy a Harley to go with that pirate outfit you got there...

This post brought to you by the letter "R".

Last edited:
I made the decision a few years ago to pay for the media we consume as much as possible, whether it's sports, music, TV or movies. Sure, there's lots of moral grey areas, but it's simpler for my conscience to just keep as much legit as possible. We even pay extra for a Tidal family music plan because they pay the artists a lot more per stream than the awful Spotify/Apple/YouTube thieves. I know too many people in the music 'business' to give those con artists any money...

The only exceptions are things you just can't get here legally, like some Italian and UK programming or older shows and movies that don't have a distribution deal. Or, we pay for BritBox and Acorn even though we usually watch a lot of their shows directly on the various UK streaming services because they come out earlier. We once watched so much BBC that we tried to pay for a BBC license using a random UK address, but they refunded the money because there was already a paid license at the address. The quality of BBC programming has dropped a lot since, so I haven't tried again.

Definitely not moralising, it's just where we choose to draw the line. It adds up every month/year (DAZN, MotoGP, Crave, Netflix, Disney+, Prime, BritBox, Acorn, PBS, Tidal), but we can afford it, so no biggie.
plenty of things would keep me up at night, this would not be one of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom