TV shows currently watching | Page 106 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Watched - Defending Jacob it was....ok. Didn't have much sympathy for the kid, just something about him seemed off, I am sure it was for dramatic effect. And the final episode I kinda tuned out as it was meh/weird.

Next up either Vikings S6 (all out now) or Cobra Kai S3....:unsure:

Watched a surprisingly good series on Netflix this past week.

Inhuman Resources starring former French international and Manchester United footballer Eric Cantona. It’s about a guy that lost his job and is being overlooked for other positions because of his age, taking menial positions just to survive. He’s no angel though and digs himself into some bad situations because of a short temper. He ends up being used by a large corporation but turns the tables. Good story and Eric is petty engaging.

Subtitled in English French language.

Why is there so much crying on Star Trek Discovery?

Why?!?
Ugh, so true, and more....just recently finished S3...

I dunno why they are trying to f-it-up. The show feels for lack of better word "needy". Every episode there is a heavy emotional conversation between some characters with border line ASMR whispering voices, which most of the time just falls flat because there is no real demonstrated bond/connction between the crew other then they are on the ship, it's weird. The last episode one of the crew went off to do something risky and turns and says "I love you all"....umm ok ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Over all this season was the same as the other 2, kinda meh. I still feel Star Trek has lost it's way. It's more space fantasy, romantic, excessive emotional turmoil, plot hole driven action, then science fiction or cerebral provoking.

I dunno why they are trying to f-it-up. The show feels for lack of better word "needy". Every episode there is a heavy emotional conversation between some characters with border line ASMR whispering voices, which most of the time just falls flat because there is no real demonstrated bond/connction between the crew other then they are on the ship, it's weird. The last episode one of the crew went off to do something risky and turns and says "I love you all"....umm ok ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Over all this season was the same as the other 2, kinda meh. I still feel Star Trek has lost it's way. It's more space fantasy, romantic, excessive emotional turmoil, plot hole driven action, then science fiction or cerebral provoking.

Starfleet is ostensibly a military force of the Federation of Planets.

It strikes me as strange that hand-picked officers who underwent years of rigorous training at Starfleet Academy would burst into tears so easily at every setback small or large...

Can you imagine if ST:TOS had crying sessions for every red-shirt who died on that show?

It strikes me as strange that hand-picked officers who underwent years of rigorous training at Starfleet Academy would burst into tears so easily at every setback small or large...

Can you imagine if ST:TOS had crying sessions for every red-shirt who died on that show?

star trek is supposed to be dry like good wine

instead we got the desperate house wives of the alpha quadrant

Roddenberry rollin in his grave right now ?

I watch Discovery just so I can ***** and complain about it on the Internet.

For the same reason why people watch US politics...
F'in whiners in this thread.

They only had one that I can recall; when they first ran into the Romulans. Tomlinson was getting married and the ceremony got interrupted by the encounter. The episode ended with his funeral. There were other episodes with tears, but that was the only one I can remember when they made specific note of the death of a background character.

Watched S3 of Cobra Kai - little chessey nothing heavy kinda nice, lots of nostalgia in this season.

Lupin on Netflix is good. Subtitled in English but the French isn't too bad to follow. Kind of like an Ocean's 11 sort of thing.

Servant on Apple TV. Season 2 just dropped, but I hadn’t heard of it so am now watching season 1. Creepy and a bit perplexing, bordering on disturbing...produced by M. Night Shyamalan, so no surprise.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone else find they enjoy shows way less when they watch with other people?
The show is less enjoyable, harder to focus on etc

Its a similar feeling to trying to pee in a crowded bathroom in union station, its hard to go when others are watching

Appa is so much funnier when im watching by myself

Recently finished For All Mankind - not really what I was expecting, not sure what to make of it. Other then weirdly interesting.

I have slowly been rewatching the various seasons. Watched Next Gen and on Deep Space 9. I have watched Next Gen, DS9 and Voyager. They are more like a guilty pleasure then a good sci fi show. None of it really is believable in the universe that was created. I know it is a story and fictional but things still need to make sense in the world created. Stories are bad, science is bland, characters for the most part are so devoid of character. I really do wonder how anyone who enjoys sci fi can really like star trek as sci fi. The basic idea is ok but the execution has never been good in my opinion. Of course I still watch it, but I watch it for the same reasons I watch Steven Seagal movies. The expanse comes to mind immediately for good... great sci fi.

The rant over, I am finishing up the last season of Foyle's War. Fantastic detective series set during WW2 and after in the cold war. Really well done, the actor who plays Foyle is great as is the rest of the cast.

Back
Top Bottom