Tow Truck Turf War | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tow Truck Turf War

How many auto body shops are wrapped up in this mess? They would be just as guilty as the tow trucks in fraudulent insurance scams.

How many auto body shops are wrapped up in this mess? They would be just as guilty as the tow trucks in fraudulent insurance scams.
And soft medical (physio etc). Unless there is another round of arrests at least an order of magnitude higher, we will know this was just about the violence and the insurance fraud was just thrown in to make headlines and say they were trying.

And soft medical (physio etc). Unless there is another round of arrests at least an order of magnitude higher, we will know this was just about the violence and the insurance fraud was just thrown in to make headlines and say they were trying.

Many years ago, I knew someone that was directly involved in these scams. It's a very large circle

He would arrange for two people to have an "accident". The cars would then be towed by friendlies to a friendly bodyshop that got the requisite storage fees. The "drivers" would get "physio" for their "injuries" from a friendly physiotherapist. Everyone involved took in good profit.

It was super blatant, almost zero effort taken to conceal the shadiness. Never heard of anyone being arrested back then.

You got off lucky. My got his teeth cleaned last year. Four hours at $1000 an hour. I was not impressed with the vet or my wife.

Hold up, am I reading that right? Your pet had a teeth cleaning that took four hours? And it cost $4000?

Is it like an 18 foot crocodile?

Hold up, am I reading that right? Your pet had a teeth cleaning that took four hours? And it cost $4000?

Is it like an 18 foot crocodile?
I was on a cross country flight in a plane my buddy bought and his day was a lot cheaper than mine. I almost barfed. Vet gave us a $500 discount. He was probably embarrassed at the bill. I was very unhappy. He is a good dog but I might have called it if I was involved in the decision making.

Are they really fighting over who gets to tow a vehicle? It looks more like the actions of a criminal organization.

I say **** them. Let them eat eachother and kill each other- the only ones involved in this feud are the corrupted ones anyway. The real problem is not what they do to one another, but the scams they pull on victims of crash or roadside jams. I’ve had far too many horror stories with them. ******* vultures. Normally I’d say to dissaprove of government involvement but they need to be governed big time as well as condominium corporations.

I say **** them. Let them eat eachother and kill each other- the only ones involved in this feud are the corrupted ones anyway. The real problem is not what they do to one another, but the scams they pull on victims of crash or roadside jams. I’ve had far too many horror stories with them. ******* vultures. Normally I’d say to dissaprove of government involvement but they need to be governed big time as well as condominium corporations.
Are they? I haven't heard that the lawyers that were attacked were in any way dodgy. Were any good towies attacked or burned in this as they were intruding on the gangs territory?

Are they? I haven't heard that the lawyers that were attacked were in any way dodgy. Were any good towies attacked or burned in this as they were intruding on the gangs territory?

The lawyers being attacked was an isolated incident to show the length the tow truckers would go with no boundries: going beyond attacking one another and start attacking their legal representatives and even family (happened in scarborough a while back). I believe the gist of the article was how bad the war/feud is amongst the towtruck drivers in order to gain more scamming business for themselves.

Fyi, they were making a killing, a ******** of money conning and scamming victims. They raced eachother to get the job in order to make $$$ of the scam. Karma would win at the end and they ended up fighting one another giving the spotlight on their scam. The ******* government and cops refused to get involved for well over a decade, they said “it’s a civil matter sorry”. Finally due to their own stupidity the government is now forced to get involved die to so much media attention with their feuds

Now a cop has been arrested for making available police radios

Now a cop has been arrested for making available police radios

It will be interesting how . Fleetnet radios are all coded and can be shut off if lost or compromised . I heard they were cloned .If that is true that is major flaw in the communication system .

It will be interesting how . Fleetnet radios are all coded and can be shut off if lost or compromised . I heard they were cloned .If that is true that is major flaw in the communication system .
The best part is he put the clones back into circulation in the PD and they were used for quite a while without anyone noticing. The tow trucks had the originals.

The best part is he put the clones back into circulation in the PD and they were used for quite a while without anyone noticing. The tow trucks had the originals.

Defiantly a major flaw .

Toronto police Const. Ronald Joseph who is currently suspended with pay?
So this goes on for a year or two in the courts then an appeal if found guilty. Meanwhile us taxpayers are funding this guy at full pay? I will assume his golden benefits package remains intact also plus pension contributions?
I gather he doesn't have to pay that back if he is eventually found guilty. They just stop paying him 3 or 4 or 5 years down the road when his appeals run out and they can finally fire his a**?

This has been a long-standing complaint about the way the Police Services Act is written. Hands are tied. "Suspended with pay" is the only option they have until the officer is actually convicted of an offence in court.

This has been a long-standing complaint about the way the Police Services Act is written. Hands are tied. "Suspended with pay" is the only option they have until the officer is actually convicted of an offence in court.
It seems like something right up douggies alley. A clearly defined problem that is acknowledged by many taxpayers with a fairly simple solution. The sad part is he would probably lose much of the union and police vote if he pushed it through (which shows how truly messed up the situation is as they should all want the bad ones out asap to free up budget for good people).

Toronto police Const. Ronald Joseph who is currently suspended with pay?
So this goes on for a year or two in the courts then an appeal if found guilty. Meanwhile us taxpayers are funding this guy at full pay? I will assume his golden benefits package remains intact also plus pension contributions?
I gather he doesn't have to pay that back if he is eventually found guilty. They just stop paying him 3 or 4 or 5 years down the road when his appeals run out and they can finally fire his a**?

I also read that he owned two tow trucks himself and just had guys running them.

Maybe this is what he will do in his spare time.

Oh wait, They were seized.

I guess back to being a couch potato and making money.

Not saying I support these suspended with pay scum but I wonder about the other side of this though. Doing your job as an officer, arresting a violent, non-compliant person. Cell phone videos only capture you wrestling cuffs onto him. Wants to press charges for assault. or anything similar.
You get fired and have to wait the whole court process to have income again but meanwhile paying lawyer fees, possibly bail.
I could be wrong but I don't think they are allowed to get another job while suspended.
Innocent until proven guilty?

Regular people have gotten fired for just being accused of things.

Not saying I support these suspended with pay scum but I wonder about the other side of this though. Doing your job as an officer, arresting a violent, non-compliant person. Cell phone videos only capture you wrestling cuffs onto him. Wants to press charges for assault. or anything similar.
You get fired and have to wait the whole court process to have income again but meanwhile paying lawyer fees, possibly bail.
I could be wrong but I don't think they are allowed to get another job while suspended.
Innocent until proven guilty?

Regular people have gotten fired for just being accused of things.
I don't think a civilian complaint (even if it included video) is itself enough to require a termination. There should be a rapid thorough investigation to determine whether they should remain employed or not (or undergo remedial training) independent of any criminal investigation. If a private sector boss suspected an employee of doing something well outside of the best interests of the company, they wouldn't go on paid vacation for years until a custodial sentence was delivered. They would get a very short (normally weeks or less) paid vacation during the investigation and then be told what their employment situation was.

I don't think a civilian complaint (even if it included video) is itself enough to require a termination. There should be a rapid thorough investigation to determine whether they should remain employed or not (or undergo remedial training) independent of any criminal investigation. If a private sector boss suspected an employee of doing something well outside of the best interests of the company, they wouldn't go on paid vacation for years until a custodial sentence was delivered. They would get a very short (normally weeks or less) paid vacation during the investigation and then be told what their employment situation was.

I just meant the assault as a short example. This case is clear cut n dry but there must be other allegations or charges against cops that are falsely accused, if not there doesn't need to be a trial at all.
My issue is that if you allow firing before results have come through, you could be inadvertently affecting good cops.

That's what should be happening with private sector, investigate and fire if warranted. I'm talking about the firings from just being accused without due process.

I just meant the assault as a short example. This case is clear cut n dry but there must be other allegations or charges against cops that are falsely accused, if not there doesn't need to be a trial at all.
My issue is that if you allow firing before results have come through, you could be inadvertently affecting good cops.

That's what should be happening with private sector, investigate and fire if warranted. I'm talking about the firings from just being accused without due process.
I think the criminal trial and employment issues should be almost entirely separate. The bar for employment modification/termination should be substantially lower than "beyond a reasonable doubt" in the criminal system. In most cases, the clause commonly used for professional athletes when they bring disrepute upon the organization should be sufficient for employment issues.

Back
Top Bottom