Tow Truck Turf War | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tow Truck Turf War

I'm guessing the bar is set pretty high for charging a fellow officer with a serious crime. Higher than what might be required to charge you or me? In any case, if I were charged with a serious criminal offense, my employer would likely fire my butt and the only money I would get would be appropriate severance. They likely wouldn't get away with "just cause" and no severance until I was found guilty in a court of law. For sure I would not be "suspended with pay" until the courts had dealt with me. That's laughable!

I think the criminal trial and employment issues should be almost entirely separate. The bar for employment modification/termination should be substantially lower than "beyond a reasonable doubt" in the criminal system. In most cases, the clause commonly used for professional athletes when they bring disrepute upon the organization should be sufficient for employment issues.
Yes private and public should be very separate, I just meant to point out current affairs and the previous sexual harassment accusations.

I'm guessing the bar is set pretty high for charging a fellow officer with a serious crime. Higher than what might be required to charge you or me? In any case, if I were charged with a serious criminal offense, my employer would likely fire my butt and the only money I would get would be appropriate severance. They likely wouldn't get away with "just cause" and no severance until I was found guilty in a court of law. For sure I would not be "suspended with pay" until the courts had dealt with me. That's laughable!
That's if they find out.
That's also unions for you. Have you ever tried to fire a union worker?

I gather he doesn't have to pay that back if he is eventually found guilty. They just stop paying him 3 or 4 or 5 years down the road when his appeals run out and they can finally fire his a**?
There was a recent article about a crooked cop who has been suspended with pay for 12 years. He has been paid well over a million dollars for what essentially is a 12 year vacation.

There was a recent article about a crooked cop who has been suspended with pay for 12 years. He has been paid well over a million dollars for what essentially is a 12 year vacation.
I think there may have even been a thread on here somewhere about that a few years back. Wasn't he from Hamilton? I think he owns (or owned) a bar there somewhere? Not sure. Maybe I'm confusing this with another "bad cop" story. In any case, shameful that the public has to be on the hook in a situation like that. It's just a different situation when someone in a positing of trust goes rouge and it should be treated differently.

I think there may have even been a thread on here somewhere about that a few years back. Wasn't he from Hamilton? I think he owns (or owned) a bar there somewhere?

Stonewalls. Neighbour's wife worked for him. Many stories.

Can you post a link to this article .

Stonewalls guy was/is OPP Sgt. Dennis Mahoney-Bruer five years paid vacation and then they let him off. False HTA172 charges, kick backs from towing/impound etc.

A funny/depressing investigation would be a look at the money spent on SIU divided by the number of convictions they get. It is a truly colossal waste of money just to appear that they are doing something. It would be much less wasteful to just admit that cops are above the law and avoid wasting money on pretending to do anything about it. Obviously the ideal solution would be proper oversight but that seems impossible (maybe government is worried that if police get proper oversight, a spotlight on politicians isn't far behind).

Can you post a link to this article .

Looks like the system to deal with bad cops is broken .

Technically to be broken would imply that at one point it did work...JS.

I was a trainer in fleetnet . It is a very good system . Just because someone found a flaw and exploited it does not mean it didn't work . I'm sure this flaw will be fix and the system will still do it's job .

I was a trainer in fleetnet . It is a very good system . Just because someone found a flaw and exploited it does not mean it didn't work . I'm sure this flaw will be fix and the system will still do it's job .
Fleetnet I thought that that was bells Ont wide radio system

Good news? Also I've been really curious about what the "machine gun" they keep talking about is - kinda looks like it is a Sten

Good news? Also I've been really curious about what the "machine gun" they keep talking about is - kinda looks like it is a Sten

I wonder if the lunch trucks are next on the hit list. They are less public about their knee busting but I was surprised with how connected many are to some scary people (and have similar issues regarding territories).

Well with the recent crack down's on street racing, ticket cameras starting up, and now toe truck review, it's about time, the city is finally reining in the nonsense on our roads. Hopefully it sticks and is the start of getting it under control.

Last edited:
I saw a black tow truck at the fork of credit flashing it’s high beam at the car in front driving safely.

Does the government let the drivers write off their trucks??

Does the government let the drivers write off their trucks??

It's a business ... expenses are written off against earnings just like with any other business. The truck is an asset with a depreciation allowance in addition to its operating expenses.

I wonder if the lunch trucks are next on the hit list. They are less public about their knee busting but I was surprised with how connected many are to some scary people (and have similar issues regarding territories).

I would think anytime you have a business that appears to be 100% cash, your going to have interesting people involved.

Back
Top Bottom