Total eclipse - April 8 2024 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Total eclipse - April 8 2024

There's going to be a group ride from Ottawa to some island on the St Lawrence, although they're not sure how crowded it will be. I might take the inflatable mattress down to Welland or Fort Erie and sleep over at the in laws to catch it. Sat or Sun is bike maintenance day for the school though, so the timing might be tight.

I have an extra spot in my driveway if anyone wants free parking in Hamilton to see the show. We're a quick and pleasant walk to Gage Park, which has some wide open fields that should be a decent spot to view...
I’ll let my wife know if she wants to go with the kids!

I'll maybe watch it on tv. Maybe.

Who is heading to St Thomas ? :D
View attachment 67031

The good news is that meteorologists, like economists, are paid big bucks to be wrong, which they often are.

I believe '79 was the last total eclipse in Ontario. I remember them making a big deal about it in school, but back then you had to buy a special piece of glass to view it safely, which none of us did. So we basically missed actually viewing it. I wouldn't mind seeing it first hand once in my life, especially since it's not that far to get to an area with totality. A friend of mine on the west coast is making a special trip to Texas just to see it. Helps that we have a mutual friend living there too.

I think we sat in class and watched it on TV if memory serves.

My dad used his welding glass to view it.

Looks like a drive to Aylmer for lunch could put us in the totality path........Gotta love being retired.

Social Media frenzy and then clouds. Lol
Meanwhile, hotels and motels are cashing in. People driving from everywhere to Niagara only to see clouds. Ripoff!

In fort Erie took the van nice riverside spot to spend the day with the family. If it's clear it will be a bonus. Stayed over last night woke up had a shower and breakfast.
bc0ee9b3bcdccc2b0b245ffbb48b1848.jpg

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom