Total eclipse - April 8 2024 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Total eclipse - April 8 2024

In fort Erie took the van nice riverside spot to spend the day with the family. If it's clear it will be a bonus. Stayed over last night woke up had a shower and breakfast.
bc0ee9b3bcdccc2b0b245ffbb48b1848.jpg

Sent from the future
Pics, or it didn't happen.

In fort Erie took the van nice riverside spot to spend the day with the family. If it's clear it will be a bonus. Stayed over last night woke up had a shower and breakfast.
bc0ee9b3bcdccc2b0b245ffbb48b1848.jpg

Sent from the future
Haha I stop there every time I go on my annual NOTL ride along the parkway. Great spot.

I’m writing this from the Anchor Bar on the US side of Niagara Falls. We left the GTA at 10 and crossed the border at 11:30. Zero traffic and zero wait. Parking is normally free for the restaurant but today is $10 USD for 2 hours, or $40 if you want to park all day. I had to come anyways to pick up some packages from my mail service, so I figured I might as well try today. Luckily I didn’t have to turn around in frustration. I’m sure things will get crazy around 2. And if the clouds ruin the viewing we can still go shopping and maybe hit Cheesecake Factory.

We had a couple of cloud breaks as it was just starting here. Looking at the satellite maps we may get lucky at or just after the peak for Mississauga and Etobicoke.

My welding helmet is much better for viewing than the glasses, but the glasses do work OK.

Start resize.jpgFull resize.jpgEnd resize.jpg

Got very lucky in Hamilton. Clouds kept threatening, but aside from the occasional cover blowing by, we saw almost all of it. Amazing how much light you get from just a sliver of sun, followed by quick darkness as it was totally covered...

It was very cool in Grimsby. Clouds cleared up enough that we got a good view of totality. Otherwise before and after, sometimes clouds were too thick to see much through eclipse glasses but got an amazing view through welding helmet

Kinda disappointed in the lack of mayhem though

It was very cool in Grimsby. Clouds cleared up enough that we got a good view of totality. Otherwise before and after, sometimes clouds were too thick to see much through eclipse glasses but got an amazing view through welding helmet

Kinda disappointed in the lack of mayhem though
My sister is currently in Grimsby at a friend's house, said it was awesome.

So...which one of you old timers is this today...

1712605956927.png

Back
Top Bottom