To be masked or not to be masked | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

My niece and nephew were supposed to go to a day camp. They arent vaccinated and their parents are strongly against it (siting the normal whackjob reasons not because of a justifiable reason). Camp said they only allow vaccinated kids (I'm not going to comment whether this was a good idea or not but it's a private camp so they can make whatever decision they want). SIL called and ripped into them with her crazy. I'm sure she wasnt the only one. Not long after, all day camps offered by that company were cancelled. Probably not worth the hassle for minimal money to deal with all the asshats.

My niece and nephew were supposed to go to a day camp. They arent vaccinated and their parents are strongly against it (siting the normal whackjob reasons not because of a justifiable reason). Camp said they only allow vaccinated kids (I'm not going to comment whether this was a good idea or not but it's a private camp so they can make whatever decision they want). SIL called and ripped into them with her crazy. I'm sure she wasnt the only one. Not long after, all day camps offered by that company were cancelled. Probably not worth the hassle for minimal money to deal with all the asshats.

I feel sorry for your brother…and you

I'm not sure what the present status is but a restaurant in the east end re-opened but made vaccine certificate mandatory. They got so much flak that they went back to take out only. Business owners have rights too.

The FDA stated that the Moderna vaccine for children aged six months to 5-years-old is recommended as two 25 microgram doses administered at least a month apart. There will also be a third dose for high-risk children, the organisation said.
Lots who follow the science. :coffee:

Toddler dies in South Australia after testing positive for COVID ...

https://7news.com.au › news › toddler-dies-in-south-aus...

17 June 2022 — A three-year-old child has died in South Australia after testing positive for COVID-19. The toddler is the third South Australian child .

I've been getting vaccines for travel since I was a kid....and all the array of polio, measles, diptheria, whooping cough et al.
All the wonders that dropped child mortality to the floor.
Still getting them for shingles ....ugh ...don't want that beast and of course 4th round for covid.
Still riding at 75 ...must be them vaxxes.;)

Our kids scout group had a planned dance / party a while back once things opened.

Email went out that you must be vaccinated to attend.

The rage from the Polaks was insane. The scout group promptly cancelled with an email telling parents to STFU as they’re just following govt protocol and until they grow up, no more events as they don’t want the volunteers threatened.

Effing idiots.

Testing the boundaries of stupid
Lewis was diagnosed in 2018 with a chronic, progressive disease with no cure.

Doctors told her that a transplant was her only hope of survival. After extensive testing, Lewis was deemed healthy enough to qualify for a transplant, according to details in Belzil's decision.

Beginning in 2020, she was advised to get a series of vaccinations, including childhood vaccinations, as her immunization history could not be located. She agreed and got all the vaccines.

But in March 2021, when she was told that she required a COVID-19 vaccine in order to receive the transplant, she refused.

Court heard that during the fourth wave of the pandemic between September and November 2021, nearly 40 per cent of similar transplant recipients in Edmonton who were infected with COVID-19 ended up dying.
I'm not all in favour of medieval forms of execution but whover started that "experimental vaccine" meme might be an exception for drawn and quartered.
The 'Hanged, Drawn and Quartered' Execution Was Even Worse than You Think |  HowStuffWorks

Last edited:
Our kids scout group had a planned dance / party a while back once things opened.

Email went out that you must be vaccinated to attend.

The rage from the Polaks was insane. The scout group promptly cancelled with an email telling parents to STFU as they’re just following govt protocol and until they grow up, no more events as they don’t want the volunteers threatened.

Effing idiots.
Our church had vax and cloth or better mask requirements when in person services restarted.
There was a little bit of complaining, but not too much.
People were told that we wanted everyone coming to be able to feel as safe as possible.
Anyone who didn't want to get vaxxed was free to worship via Zoom.
Many of us who were vaxxed, like the zoom a lot. Roll out of bed in your pj's and eat breakfast while at church.

I think cloth mask polices are stupid, but if they're there then the leadership had better be following them.
Same thing for the government.
All these "special" exemptions they give themselves show that they don't believe in their own policies.

Middle kid hasn't got his booster yet, but at the same time he's 22, which is the median age for the heart problems.
They messed him around a couple of times with appointments. Anyways, he's big enough and stupid enough to make his own decisions.

$50 dollars to dumbfackers to vaccinate their kids? Whose gonna give their babies the covid 19 vaccine.

Someone who doesn’t want the risk of neurological issues with their child after an infection vs practically no serious side effects with a perfectly safe vaccine that has now been given 12 billion times.

Do you know how big 12 billion is? If even a tiny fraction of 12 billion was seriously affected our hospitals would be overflowing with the vaccine injured, they aren’t. It’s hysteria driven by complete ******* idiots.

I've been getting vaccines for travel since I was a kid....and all the array of polio, measles, diptheria, whooping cough et al.
All the wonders that dropped child mortality to the floor.
Still getting them for shingles ....ugh ...don't want that beast and of course 4th round for covid.
Still riding at 75 ...must be them vaxxes.;)
Just waiting for my second Shingles vaccine to be due. I had it back in 2015 and it was misdiagnosed by something like 4 different doctors as an infection. The closest that one got was a doctor at a walk-in clinic, who taught at U of T, who said, "It's definitely not an infection but I can't tell what it is, because of what they told you to do with it (slather it with iodine)." I got lucky and it was just in my lower leg, with no more pain than a modest sunburn.

Just waiting for my second Shingles vaccine to be due. I had it back in 2015 and it was misdiagnosed by something like 4 different doctors as an infection. The closest that one got was a doctor at a walk-in clinic, who taught at U of T, who said, "It's definitely not an infection but I can't tell what it is, because of what they told you to do with it (slather it with iodine)." I got lucky and it was just in my lower leg, with no more pain than a modest sunburn.
I've had shingles twice, always in the same spot - lower abdomen. Reacted quickly both times, but only because my brother had shingles on his face which were either ignored, or then misdiagnosed - massive pain and horrible pock marks were the result. Shingles are no joke.

Someone who doesn’t want the risk of neurological issues with their child after an infection vs practically no serious side effects with a perfectly safe vaccine that has now been given 12 billion times.

Do you know how big 12 billion is? If even a tiny fraction of 12 billion was seriously affected our hospitals would be overflowing with the vaccine injured, they aren’t. It’s hysteria driven by complete ******* idiots.

There is research/peer reviewed study that says you can't get neurological damage from covid if your vaccinated? Please provide the source. People on both side just make junk like this up all the time.

There is research/peer reviewed study that says you can't get neurological damage from covid if your vaccinated? Please provide the source. People on both side just make junk like this up all the time.
There is no black and white either way. Anyone looking for "can't" vs "not likely to" is doomed to fail in their understanding. This applies to either side of the argument.

Vaccinations reduce the chance of serious illness or death due to covid but do not make you invincible. Serious medical complications due to vaccine do happen in some cases but from what I have seen, they occur at a rate more than an order of magnitude below serious complications caused by covid. At this point, I assume catching it is inevitable for everybody. With smart behaviour you can try to delay and/or minimize the number of times you get it. There is no black and white only grey. Attempting to apply that bar is what causes much of the division.

There are studies indicating that vaccination reduces the likelihood and severity of Covid infection, which in turn reduces the odds of ending up with "long Covid", with its attendant issues.

Our church had vax and cloth or better mask requirements when in person services restarted.
There was a little bit of complaining, but not too much.
People were told that we wanted everyone coming to be able to feel as safe as possible.
Anyone who didn't want to get vaxxed was free to worship via Zoom.
Many of us who were vaxxed, like the zoom a lot. Roll out of bed in your pj's and eat breakfast while at church.

I think cloth mask polices are stupid, but if they're there then the leadership had better be following them.
Same thing for the government.
All these "special" exemptions they give themselves show that they don't believe in their own policies.

Middle kid hasn't got his booster yet, but at the same time he's 22, which is the median age for the heart problems.
They messed him around a couple of times with appointments. Anyways, he's big enough and stupid enough to make his own decisions.
Your church sets a good example how not to alienate, marginalize some of it's own members. Everyone is free to worship while trying to keep safe in these uncertain times.

Back
Top Bottom