To be masked or not to be masked | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

@jc100 correct...however, he does state many times that the way vaccines work, they lose their efficacy very quickly and the way the stats are looking, we'd need a booster every 3-4 months...no thanks...

The vaccines are changing this Fall. There’s a new Moderna one coming that has enhanced efficacy against all variants. I’ll follow expert advice on this. If it’s a booster every 6 months who’s to say that’s not the correct approach for something we haven’t experienced before? Your “feeling” that it isn’t right holds no weight in the face of what is still a new threat to us. We have a bit of a global problem here since infectious diseases are an “us” problem, not a “you“problem. It requires people to buy into something that helps everyone or we are all ******.

I haven't read the studies, nor looked into it more deeply, however, this isn't the first time I've been hearing this...getting the vaccines as they are currently manufactured over and over again, is not as effective as getting an infection...

I'm not sure I understand the point.

Who wants to get infected?

Re Pearson, I just came back yesterday from a quick business trip to Tennessee. Departure for a 6 AM flight was nuts, the bottleneck is security. Return at 10:30 PM with ArriveCan already filled out was no problem. No issue going through security in Nashville.

And maybe 1% of people are wearing masks down there.

Re Pearson, I just came back yesterday from a quick business trip to Tennessee. Departure for a 6 AM flight was nuts, the bottleneck is security. Return at 10:30 PM with ArriveCan already filled out was no problem. No issue going through security in Nashville.

And maybe 1% of people are wearing masks down there.
My flight is after 9am. Does that make things any better or just worse? I splurged for priority screening too.

Off topic a bit.
Am i still going to need a COVID test when i come back next week? I have the app.

Did a day trip to Buffalo 2 weeks ago, as Tat2 mentioned the Arriveapp is attached to your passport on the border guard's screen. No test required for re-entry.

Which airline?

I booked a vacay but it’s a month and a half away. Hoping some of the issues will be sorted by then. I wanted to fly from Montreal but when I went to book the flight it stated “via Toronto” on both the outward and return legs so I just went with TO as I didn’t want to wait for hours on the tarmac at Pearson after boarding in Montreal. The only thing I definitely wanted was no connections so at least I have a direct flight from TO
Air Canada

My flight is after 9am. Does that make things any better or just worse? I splurged for priority screening too.
According to the security guard I talked to, it should make it better if it's after the morning rush.
Both my kids and the security guard said the bottleneck was customs and not security.
Once the customs gets backed up sufficiently, they shut the security line down until the customs line is reasonable.

Business screening and Nexus lines were empty. Not sure if that's the one you're in.

The biggest problem is that they told us, the method they use (3 hrs before - first come first served) was different from the one used today.
If they triage the flights and let us know to be there at a time before that makes sense, then that's fine.

According to the security guard I talked to, it should make it better if it's after the morning rush.
Both my kids and the security guard said the bottleneck was customs and not security.
Once the customs gets backed up sufficiently, they shut the security line down until the customs line is reasonable.

Business screening and Nexus lines were empty. Not sure if that's the one you're in.

The biggest problem is that they told us, the method they use (3 hrs before - first come first served) was different from the one used today.
If they triage the flights and let us know to be there at a time before that makes sense, then that's fine.
i'm there next Sunday flying out, fingers crossed.

I don’t have Nexus but I got an upgrade that has “priority screening” as a perk.

The vaccines are changing this Fall. There’s a new Moderna one coming that has enhanced efficacy against all variants.
ifiddles said:
@jc100 correct...however, he does state many times that the way vaccines work, they lose their efficacy very quickly and the way the stats are looking, we'd need a booster every 3-4 months...no thanks...
The same Moderna people who had a vaccine for covid ready within 24 hours of the Chinese releasing the genome ( they drew on 10 years of research trying for the holy grail of a universal SARS vaccine.).
That would mean it would be targetted at the whole spectrum...sort of like you get two shots for shingles and you are protected for life rather than like flu where it's expert guesses as to this years variant :rolleyes:
That's a hail mary for anytime soon so for now
avoid covid as the beast at loose now is not the 2020 version and multiple infections are wide spread and there is no guarantee of a mild case.
A five year old with no other co-morbidities died of covid recently. And kids have THE best immune systems.
Getting infected with covid is no guarantee of any additional immunity and you can get infected with different strains.
ttps://www.healthline.com › health-news › yes-you-ca...

15 July 2021 — “It's good evidence that without a massive amount of people ... A recent study finds that acquiring two COVID-19 strains is possible.
even at the same time - at least the vaccine covers both strains.
This remains a difficult pandemic with no end in sight and long covid looms as a horrendous load on the medical system. :(

Right now due to many factors including covid the Canadian healthcare system is under severe stress.

at the very least ....wear a mask in crowded places...it's a start.

It depends on what the advice is (from a number of sources too). Spoke to a friend today who will get #4 a couple of weeks before term starts IF the BA5 specific vaccine isn’t available. We both agreed neither of us wants to head back to a crowded classroom without any protection at all.

My opinion… by the time they get approved and ramped up on the BA5 specific vax, you could be looking at Nov./Dec. (keep in mind it may initially be limited to the over 60 crowd and other vulnerable groups).

Your strategy may work regardless to max your protection level in term 1 and then receive a BA5 booster in the middle of term 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion… by the time they get approved and ramped up on the BA5 specific vax, you could be looking at Nov./Dec. (keep in mind it may initially be limited to the over 60 crowd and other vulnerable groups).

Your strategy may work regardless to max your protection level in term 1 and then receive a BA5 booster in the middle of term 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is kind of what I’m thinking. I am not totally looking forward to a September start right now surrounded by 400 teenagers in an enclosed space, many of whom think “it’s over”. My office hours will likely be held over Zoom. Anything at all that gives me an edge will be welcome and if that’s a 4th dose of a vaccine that isn’t quite as effective now against a new variant then so be it.

A-maz-ing. Polling morons (we've elected JT three times) to determine how they feel about vaccine efficacy. And traditional media whines when they say they are dying. What trash.

One-in-five vaccinated Canadians say COVID-19 boosters don't prevent serious illness: Poll​

22% of Canadians feel boosters offer no protection against COVID-19, variants: Poll

A-maz-ing. Polling morons (we've elected JT three times) to determine how they feel about vaccine efficacy. And traditional media whines when they say they are dying. What trash.

One-in-five vaccinated Canadians say COVID-19 boosters don't prevent serious illness: Poll​

22% of Canadians feel boosters offer no protection against COVID-19, variants: Poll

The ones who voted for JT arent the ones who don't believe in vaccination efficacy... just sayin. Still morons...but a different kind lol

The ones who voted for JT arent the ones who don't believe in vaccination efficacy... just sayin. Still morons...but a different kind lol
So you're saying there are at least two distinct groups of morons, each of which makes up almost 25% of the population? Ugh. Sadly, I agree with your logic.

Back
Top Bottom