To be masked or not to be masked | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

To be masked or not to be masked

@hdsomeday I have three types: N95, disposable blue ones and cloth ones...the only comfortable ones are my cloth ones, but I refuse to use those at school (too many sick students)...the other ones give me headaches, ear aches, dry mouth, snotty nose etc...yes, I have mask extenders, drink lots of water and a voice amplifier...it sucks, but I'm trying not to catch it again...

@hdsomeday I have three types: N95, disposable blue ones and cloth ones...the only comfortable ones are my cloth ones, but I refuse to use those at school (too many sick students)...the other ones give me headaches, ear aches, dry mouth, snotty nose etc...yes, I have mask extenders, drink lots of water and a voice amplifier...it sucks, but I'm trying not to catch it again...
Try these.....

The are also sold on Amazon so you can get next day (if you have Prime). Five layer cloth and add the PM 2.5 filter as well. They were my 'go to' at the start until I was forced into the 'better' 3 layer disposable (not even allowed N95 ???). Rules were rules. I found a comfortable (to me) N95 but I still use the above ones when out and about. They have some really nice designs too.

btw, I havent had any illness of any type since I started wearing those. May be just a coincidence, I dont know, but I will continue with them.

it's an onerous task when one has to wear for several consecutive hours...
It's got to be multiple times worse if you need to keep dozens of munchkins wearing theirs for several consecutive hours...

Since there aren't that many mask studies around, some are doing it themselves.
This is their second test, after getting some feedback from the first that used bear spray into an occupied tent to see how good masks are:
Winner gets a grape flavoured glue stick, losers get crayons.
Edit: Oops, that looks like their first test.
Second is here:

Last edited:
@hdsomeday thanks, I've seen those, however we have to wear board provided ones if we choose to do so (the N95s and blue disposable ones are board provided)...

@Baggsy it was, however, now it's optional and many of my students aren't wearing one...I'm actually surprised at how many kids aren't wearing one...I thought for sure once it became optional that more kids would continue to do so, but nope...

Dick post, considering English isn't his first language.

Thanks Jay, appreciate it. Only one dick so far - It’s way better now comparing to the old days when my poor english was picked up twice a day :)

Since there aren't that many mask studies around, some are doing it themselves.
I won't dispute their methodology, I will dispute their entire test premise though.
I don't wear a mask thinking it is doing ANYTHING to keep me from getting infected from anything. I wear a mask to capture water vapour that I exhale... which may or may not contain Covid19 virus.
"Masks" work very well at what they were designed to do.
If you want to breath IN virus free pure air, get a respirator... a good one... like in the first video... or a scuba

FWIW I was at the Barrie flea market at Innisfil Rd today and estimate about 20% of the people wore masks. Make that 10% if you allowed for the under nosers.

Day 5. Still like a bad head cold. Sneezing/coughing. Congested. No real energy issues.

We have some honey/bourbon liqueur thing….I find that helps……..my mood.

Did you do a test to see if you still test positive on day 5?

Day 2 for me of what appears to be a cold. One of the worst I've ever had. Both nostrils completely plugged at night, so no sleep for me.
Covid test was negative. Found out that my eldest had it a couple of days before. He's been negative as well. His girlfriend tested positive today.
Hope I don't get covid on top of this. That would suck.

Day 2 for me of what appears to be a cold. One of the worst I've ever had. Both nostrils completely plugged at night, so no sleep for me.
Covid test was negative. Found out that my eldest had it a couple of days before. He's been negative as well. His girlfriend tested positive today.
Hope I don't get covid on top of this. That would suck.
Make sure you swab beside uvula. Omicron nasal only isnt great. Soft palate swab greatly increases chance of detection.

Make sure you swab beside uvula. Omicron nasal only isnt great. Soft palate swab greatly increases chance of detection.
Wow, someone else knows what a uvula is! Mine is hideous, hence my edification on that little guy.

Did you do a test to see if you still test positive on day 5?

Didn’t bother since my eyes were watering like crazy and I was so bunged up. Feel pretty good tonight. Will do one tomorrow.

Edit: someone else here mentioned it but you need to swab your throat and nose in that order for the tests to pick this up.

Didn’t bother since my eyes were watering like crazy and I was so bunged up. Feel pretty good tonight. Will do one tomorrow.

Edit: someone else here mentioned it but you need to swab your throat and nose in that order for the tests to pick this up.
Wife's company makes the tests, so yes I got it in the back of my throat until I gagged/coughed, and back in the nasal passage until I sneezed.
I'll try again in a couple of days.

When I was a kid, I thought the uvula was your tonsils.

Wife's company makes the tests, so yes I got it in the back of my throat until I gagged/coughed, and back in the nasal passage until I sneezed.
I'll try again in a couple of days.

When I was a kid, I thought the uvula was your tonsils.

My wife had an almost invisible positive line on her first test, second one a few days later was solid.

Back
Top Bottom