This and That | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

This and That

Update: apparently the DRL only come on when the vehicle is in drive so that was not an issue. Found a battery post cleaner and now everything appears to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm finally getting around to installing the stock tail lights, and signals that @blackcamaro picked up for me in Stoney Creek ages ago. (And I think GVH found the parts).
Since I'm doing that, I'm also in need of purchasing some stock bolts for the chrome fender thingys on the sides of the fenders. (I'm sure that's the technical name for them)
The PO inserted signals into them, plus swapped out others for longer bolts when he had the bags on.

So....seeing as my Honda Shadow is a 1998, am I better to order from Honda, or or there other recommendations?
I am also considering adding a sissy bar at the same time, as my little guy is older now and showing interest in coming out, and I'd feel more comfortable with a back rest for him.
Where should I look?
What should I avoid?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm finally getting around to installing the stock tail lights, and signals that @blackcamaro picked up for me in Stoney Creek ages ago. (And I think GVH found the parts).
Since I'm doing that, I'm also in need of purchasing some stock bolts for the chrome fender thingys on the sides of the fenders. (I'm sure that's the technical name for them)
The PO inserted signals into them, plus swapped out others for longer bolts when he had the bags on.

So....seeing as my Honda Shadow is a 1998, am I better to order from Honda, or or there other recommendations?
I am also considering adding a sissy bar at the same time, as my little guy is older now and showing interest in coming out, and I'd feel more comfortable with a back rest for him.
Where should I look?
What should I avoid?

Thanks in advance

I would search Kijiji or FB Marketplace for the sissy bar.
There is tons of stuff like this on line that people are just looking to get rid of.

Depending on how urgently you need this, you can also try some of the salvage shops or private bike shops.

It would probably be one of those items that has been sitting there since 1998 and collecting dust.

My words probably came across wrong. I am not aggressive at all. The lean was just to keep my line (unless I was doing it wrong).
That being said, I believe thise bikes you mentioned or more standard style bikes? Since I was a kid, I wanted a bike that looked like mine. And I love the ride. But, for the last 6 years since I have gotten my license, what I wanted and what I am suited for, may be 2 different things. So I guess I can agree on that. Those bikes, though, are all much too tall for me to be comfortable on. Would you put the cb 500x (I think) in that category? I think that might be a logical next choice. But not in the budget.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk
I too, am the proper height for a human. Check out lowering links. I've done 2 bikes.
EDIT: last bike was less than 20 minutes - just two bolts

Last edited:
I too, am the proper height for a human. Check out lowering links. I've done 2 bikes.
EDIT: last bike was less than 20 minutes - just two bolts
If you get to see any of Frank Lloyd Wright's places, Falling Water for example you will find that the ceilings, doorways and railings were designed for the man of the perfect height, five foot-six. Wright happened to be 5'-6".

Finally got around to using some more of that MTO reflective material that I picked up from @PrivatePilot YEARS ago
(Thanks again!)

This is the "Love Symbol" that was utilized by Prince, and was also what he was referred to during his AFKAP days.
1a25109a64ae4d5f5f185119d1a518be.jpg

Finally got around to using some more of that MTO reflective material that I picked up from @PrivatePilot YEARS ago
(Thanks again!)

This is the "Love Symbol" that was utilized by Prince, and was also what he was referred to during his AFKAP days.

I'm not going to lie. I'm disappointed your helmet isnt purple.

(Thanks again!)

Is the logo pointing to your panza? :LOL: 😬

Is the logo pointing to your panza?
a) it doesn't need to be pointed out, you can't miss it! Lol

b) on the back. Great reflective material. Same as on the MTO signs, so I figured it would help me be more visible to vehicles behind me.

@GreyGhost I'm due for a new helmet....so you never know

Glad you were able to put some of that stuff to good use. One thing is for sure, you'll be seen. Cagers will be wondering how the hell you got a light-up Prince symbol on the back of your helmet though. ;)

If you get to see any of Frank Lloyd Wright's places, Falling Water for example you will find that the ceilings, doorways and railings were designed for the man of the perfect height, five foot-six. Wright happened to be 5'-6".
I've been to some of his locations, never really felt the doorways weren't adequate. But will have to keep it in mind for next time, some things were odd though. Falling water, visually appealing, great concept but poor execution. FLR didn't believe in rain gutters, and this place and others suffered from water damage. You could smell the dampness at Falling water.

115_fallingwater_aug30-2.jpg

I visited there before I had a bike. Would be a great trip as Pittsberg and surrounding, there are some great roads, hills etc.
207_fallingwater_aug30-2.jpg

Reactions: J_F
I really like Pittsburgh
industrial city that has re-invented itself

last time I was there was to see my Bills get blown out by the Steelers
the EJ Manuel years were bad, the lowest

Saw a XY150 at a neighbour's house.
Says it doesn't run, no paperwork.
Wondering if it's worth anything for parts.
I was in a rush so snapped a couple pics quickly.

And pics won't upload
Effing Tapatalk ugh!
Won't work on the browser either.
I suck

Last edited:
And pics won't upload
Effing Tapatalk ugh!
I suck

Mods, please move this off-topic post to this thread:

Mods, please move this off-topic post to this thread:

*slow clap*

Saw a XY150 at a neighbour's house.
Says it doesn't run, no paperwork.
Wondering if it's worth anything for parts.

And pics won't upload
Effing Tapatalk ugh!
I suck

Is that a bike or Pokemon card?

Never sure with you. :D

Ugh
It will only upload at lowest resolution
5847bfbaaf288c3bb53d066ffbb90edf.jpg

Not sure
This is all I see:
4288b3c13273659e111ec420172cf37c.jpg

Some form of china bike. I'm conflicted between offering a ridiculous lowball price and trying to get it running and leaving it to run around in the woods at my parents or just letting it go to the dump where it probably belongs.

Back
Top Bottom