The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 191 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

The torsion bar valve springs are not a problem... all springs are torsion bars, don't see the problem... the problem with that head is there is no more cam followers and they have proprietary sized crank bearings, which are no longer available.
I raced that motor for more than 20 years. I still have a couple. VERY popular racer. Racers have been over revving that motor for decades.
No need to be afraid of that motor.
It just seems that the torsion bars a) wear out faster (I have never replaced a valve spring on any motor in my life) and b) they are not making new ones. As a racer, you would then be the worst case scenario for valve float with such a setup. You never had to do anything to manage it? Never replaced a torsion bar valve spring?

It just seems that the torsion bars a) wear out faster (I have never replaced a valve spring on any motor in my life) and b) they are not making new ones. As a racer, you would then be the worst case scenario for valve float with such a setup. You never had to do anything to manage it? Never replaced a torsion bar valve spring?
buy them used ? still plenty of junkers around.

Last edited:
ninja 300 track/race bike. looks clean, turnkey. $3000
inexpensive entry to track or race.
not everyones cup of tea, but way cheaper than building your own.

No abs, and wtf happened to exhaust?

Its like they replaced the original with an even crappier looking OEM knockoff one...
Probably something to do with the "scratches" on the right hand side. That slightly dented, quite overheated pipe looked much better than the crushed on that was once there. Since tons of people swap exhaust anyway, this is just a way to get the bike cheaper.

That’s probably the factory exhaust with a few dents on or. Most pics look similar.

Sure if the stock exhaust was coated in dull rust colored paint, left out in the elements for 10 years, then ran over by a car.

Its a stainless steel exhaust. They tend to start to get that discoloration due to heat. Look at other used CBR300's and its a pretty common thing.

That sv is a great price. It's got full fairings too and that's pretty rare. Makes me wanna buy it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

'14 KTM 1190, 50k km, for $7500 (marked in store, $8k on site) at GP Bikes. Don't know if I'm missing something, suspiciously cheap

Nice GS.
Too bad it has the Wiseco 1150 kit (and a 1150 kit would warrant bigger carbs than the stock 29mm's. I run VM33 on my GS1000 with a YOSH 1085 kit)... but it has a period Kerker pipe and a '82 GS850 aluminum swingarm.

... if you look you can find GS1000s cheaper, or more original for the money. I cannot figure WHY a KZ would be worth more than a comparable GS. The GS was/is a MUCH better bike.

Back
Top Bottom