The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 193 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Love the SS. I've had two of them. Simple to service and very reliable. But now that they use the 4 valve motor, they aren't as easy to own. Valve checks and new timing belts will be almost $1500.

Love the SS. I've had two of them. Simple to service and very reliable. But now that they use the 4 valve motor, they aren't as easy to own. Valve checks and new timing belts will be almost $1500.

And the whole thing insurance thing, can't imagine its cheap

Don't these have a really long service interval? Am I confusing that with something else?

And the whole thing insurance thing, can't imagine its cheap

Gotta love ducati, they say they want to introduce more (new)riders to the sport and their brand, while in the same sentence introducing 20k+ bikes.

Then go ahead and name their bikes that are likely to land them on a blacklist.

Gotta love ducati, they say they want to introduce more (new)riders to the sport and their brand, while in the same sentence introducing 20k+ bikes.

A Scrambler can be had for about $10000,a V4r will be about 6 times that.

their entry level bikes are still built with top quality componentry
this of course keeps the price up

the Japanese manus are good at building decent performing bikes that look good
but look harder and the bits are inexpensive off the shelf stuff that keeps the price down

by a Duc or other European brand and it comes with good suspension, brakes
seat, lighting, controls, all top quality and overall engineering of functions is superior

After a season on the Aprilia I'd have really hard time going back to a Yamaha
unless it were an FJR or Super Tenere - premium bikes

And how many get/use the top level performance out of those top level components on the street? I'll take cheaper components I still don't max out on the street. I don't need braging rights for stuff I didn't do.

No different than any other manufacturer. Harley, for instance, has entry level bikes for less than ten thousand bucks, and CVOs for more than 50Gs.

I don't understand your second comment.

better than what you get on a sub 10K Jap bike
of course you are free to disagree
I don't know it the quality or performance is any better on the street bikes. Euro bikes rely on Showa and Brembo because that's more cost effective -- they simply don't have the volume to engineer and maintain up to date manufacturing on suspension and brakes. Japanese do. Nissin is owned by Honda, KYB by Yamaha.

They called their Sport touring bike 'Supersport S' making insurance companies lump it in with 1000RRs and the like.
I have not priced out insurance for one, so I do not know if that is true though.
You piqued my curiosity, I got a quote and it's not bad (for Ontario) for my specific situation...everyone's rates are different obviously but for me it falls in line with the gsxs750 and z900 rates, two bikes that are on my "I want to try that next" list.
I'm surprised that I even got a quote, I thought it would be similar to the 600ss type for insurance rates.

They called their Sport touring bike 'Supersport S' making insurance companies lump it in with 1000RRs and the like.
I have not priced out insurance for one, so I do not know if that is true though.
Im a new rider with 1 season of experience.
GTA, 36 y/o, clean record.
Pay $97 a month for a 07 FZ6 through ridersplus, no collision, just comp and liability.
The 18 Duc Supersport S would be $215 a month, same coverage.
They wont even quote me on any SS bike as they cannot offer me insurance.
Makes no sense. They will insure the Ducati, even though it has 115hp, is expensive to fix, expensive to replace and prone to theft.
But god forbid I want a basic coverage on a 12 year old R6 or CBR600RR, 2 bikes which arent any quicker than the Ducati and have way less torque.

Im a new rider with 1 season of experience.
GTA, 36 y/o, clean record.
Pay $97 a month for a 07 FZ6 through ridersplus, no collision, just comp and liability.
The 18 Duc Supersport S would be $215 a month, same coverage.
They wont even quote me on any SS bike as they cannot offer me insurance.
Makes no sense. They will insure the Ducati, even though it has 115hp, is expensive to fix, expensive to replace and prone to theft.
But god forbid I want a basic coverage on a 12 year old R6 or CBR600RR, 2 bikes which arent any quicker than the Ducati and have way less torque.

2500/year aint exactly cheap especially when you consider you live in canada and dont put on a lot of miles.

Back
Top Bottom