The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 190 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

what is this thing for?
looks like a wheel to adjust....something beside it?

uEEju1V.jpg

Left side is engine temp, right side is fuel gauge, middle square window is a gear indicator. Clock on the bottom. Not sure what the dial is for might need to do a manual deep dive to figure that out.

Pretty cool bmw offered that 15+ yrs ago when there is still modern bikes missing some of those features.

yeah, a clock

my Aprilia has all kinds of useless data available
average speed and top speed, per trip

but there's no clock
and the fuel gauge is useless

2 kind of important things to know

Last edited:
Wow, those BMWs hold their value, don't they? I hope he gets it.

On the other hand, I have a Triumph Tiger of the same year, 124,000kms, brand new tires, factory luggage, etc. Great condition, needs nothing. No one will touch it for 3Gs. Not one offer.

What to do?

Wow, those BMWs hold their value, don't they? I hope he gets it.

On the other hand, I have a Triumph Tiger of the same year, 124,000kms, brand new tires, factory luggage, etc. Great condition, needs nothing. No one will touch it for 3Gs. Not one offer.

What to do?

Dont celebrate for the owner just yet, the guys are drooling over it, but lets wait and see if it actually gets bought, its been on sale for over a month(at least)

Not sure it’s a really good deal but interests me. 1971 CL450 Honda scrambler only some minor mods no cut frame.
Would you buy a parts obsolete 47 year old motorcycle that runs torsion bar valve springs?

Would you buy a parts obsolete 47 year old motorcycle that runs torsion bar valve springs?
Maybe he can't afford the English 1950 version named after the horror movie star.

yeah, a clock

my Aprilia has all kinds of useless data available
average speed and top speed, per trip

but there's no clock
and the fuel gauge is useless

2 kind of important things to know
Fuel guages on Italian everything are useless - Italians don't let their vehicles drink ethanol -- they keep it for themselves.

It's easy to fix the guage on an Italian bike. Pull the sender, drink a nice bottle of Valpolicella -- save the cork. In the morning change the plastic float with the real cork from the wine bottle and it should be good for about another 30 years.

Wonder if this qualifies as reasonably priced?
Ducati Monster M800S - Safetied!! End Of Season DEAL!!!! | Sport Bikes | City of Toronto | Kijiji

Looks clean, the only thing I could find is the letters on the tank are black instead of the usual white.
Comes safetied at $3900
With the new injectors, lines and tank cleaning, that bike sat a lot and had fuel issues. Dent in the tank sucks. It's likely due for timing belt change etc as well.
Not a bad price but the bill for your first service is going to suck.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Pretty good deal on a collectible classic. $1950 or reasonable offers.

Please view this ad:

1965 Honda C100 Super Cub: 2500miles,

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

5c91a5e5e58a7823a3272f334b1c5248.jpg

Good deal here.

Please view this ad:

2005 Suzuki GS500F ( have nowhere to store for winter ),

Price: $ 2,000

Pretty good deal on a collectible classic. $1950 or reasonable offers.

Please view this ad:

1965 Honda C100 Super Cub: 2500miles,

5c91a5e5e58a7823a3272f334b1c5248.jpg

It looks like the odometer only goes to 9,999 miles? If that’s the case, I highly doubt this has only gone 2,500 miles. I wonder how many times it’s rolled over....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the odometer only goes to 9,999 miles? If that’s the case, I highly doubt this has only gone 2,500 miles. I wonder how many times it’s rolled over....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the clean original condition I'm thinking it's hard to tell lol. At least it has been freshened up and he says it runs mint. Definitely worth a look if someone is in the market.

That thing looks cool!

Yikes, that shrivelled up my interest pretty quick

The torsion bar valve springs are not a problem... all springs are torsion bars, don't see the problem... the problem with that head is there is no more cam followers and they have proprietary sized crank bearings, which are no longer available.
I raced that motor for more than 20 years. I still have a couple. VERY popular racer. Racers have been over revving that motor for decades.
No need to be afraid of that motor.

450 looks cool with those high pipes . first bike I got to ride on the street. my friend had the 400/4.

Those cubs are cool. I always liked the similar honda that had a bike rack in place of a passanger seat, less plastic, and off road like tires.

I always thought this woud be a good bike for the camp. or as a city run about. or both.
with the large rear rack, it could be pretty useful. looks like it could haul a two-four.... or two

Back
Top Bottom