The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 192 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Has a very comfortable fender sticker if you don't mind sitting that low.

TRS is an exceptional bike, there is nothing more competitive.
this one has very little hours on it, was purchased so he had something to ride until the new one came in,
the bike is perfect and he does take good care of his bikes.

TRS is an exceptional bike, there is nothing more competitive.
this one has very little hours on it, was purchased so he had something to ride until the new one came in,
the bike is perfect and he does take good care of his bikes.
Not arguing about the bike. Tbh, it doesnt matter how competitive the bike is for me. I would place the same on any bike (last).

Not arguing about the bike. Tbh, it doesnt matter how competitive the bike is for me. I would place the same on any bike (last).
Last beats the heck out of a DNF and it might even win third place ;)

The only thing i would add to the possible purchase of that TRS is to check it VERY carefully for frame cracks or any other damage an expert can inflict. No disrespect to Jordan. He is capable of launching a bike with a lot of force.
On the plus side, that bike was prepped by Dave Butler. He is the best at making sure the factory assembles properly with lube where it should be and proper torque specs.

He'd probably rip it all apart to show you, put it back together again and let you test ride it if you asked nicely.

It's a 19 year old bike with (quite likely) very high insurance rates. They say insurance is cheap, but I don't know if that is a VTR thing or based on the rider. It's worth whatever someone will pay, but I expected less.

"insurance is cheap".... "mature rider"

I tried to do an online quote, got the error message...so yes, probably expensive or impossible to insure unless "mature rider".

Is this a good deal? Don't know much about these but seems to be a nice bike for the money.

HONDA VTR 996 Superhawk,
[/URL]

Price: $ 3,000
They're next to impossible to sell. 20yr old carb bike with insurance rates for 1000cc bike but still only makes 100hp doesn't make it super tempting. They sit on Kijiji even at $2000 unsold. I'd rather have a SV1000 as it looks nicer, gets better mileage/range, and is FI (but they're also near impossible to sell)..

I had a chance to test ride the superhawk when it was new.
impressive street power from idle on up.

condition is all.
I like carbs.

I also test rode a cbr600rr and cbr1000rr the same day.
I was more impressed with the superhawk than the cbr's (for a street ride).
just my 2 cents and lasting impression

2 grand might get it. who cares about resale value at that price. condition is all, and it looks to have been loved...

Last edited:
Doesnt look very comfortable...:
hawk

They're next to impossible to sell. 20yr old carb bike with insurance rates for 1000cc bike but still only makes 100hp doesn't make it super tempting. They sit on Kijiji even at $2000 unsold. I'd rather have a SV1000 as it looks nicer, gets better mileage/range, and is FI (but they're also near impossible to sell)..
My CBX1000 is only slightly more to insure than my RS125. Then again, it's not a sport bike and is older.

Back
Top Bottom