The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread | Page 189 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Reasonably Priced Used Motorcycles for Sale Thread

Edit: I think this is one of those disagreements where all parties are actually in agreement

Edit edit: It's gone now. May have gone there with a trailer if it was still there this weekend

Last edited:
handy turning wrenches? need a starter bike? 96 ninja 250 $495. lower kms. needs work. its a car dealer who has had this posted for months. I think he started at a grand or $1100 way back when. winter is coming fast, you might be able to steal this for less than $495.

handy turning wrenches? need a starter bike? 96 ninja 250 $495. lower kms. needs work. its a car dealer who has had this posted for months. I think he started at a grand or $1100 way back when. winter is coming fast, you might be able to steal this for less than $495.
I was thinking of buying it and getting bluecollarbobbers cafe kit.

But then it's probably going to be 2k total when all is done.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of buying it and getting bluecollarbobbers cafe kit.

But then it's probably going to be 2k total when all is done.

interesting thought. do you have a link to the kit you are/were thinking about?
This bike may or may not turn out to be mechanically good. Its a bingo and a gamble; If I made an offer on this bike it would be $300 or less.
Being a dealer they would probably refuse that offer. Maybe pop in every once in a while to loosen em up...bring em a timmy's lol. Start at $200-250?
I would then concentrate on getting the bike maintained and running properly - and if it runs like a top .... bingo! if not, you could try to recoup your money back by parting it out. the biggest question would be do you have a garage or basement to use?

Last edited:
...or buy the thing, part out the motor in whole or in pieces, and convert the bike to electric.
Old EX's make GREAT electric bikes that you can insure.

interesting thought. do you have a link to the kit you are/were thinking about?
This bike may or may not turn out to be mechanically good. Its a bingo and a gamble; If I made an offer on this bike it would be $300 or less.
Being a dealer they would probably refuse that offer. Maybe pop in every once in a while to loosen em up...bring em a timmy's lol. Start at $200-250?
I would then concentrate on getting the bike maintained and running properly - and if it runs like a top .... bingo! if not, you could try to recoup your money back by parting it out. the biggest question would be do you have a garage or basement to use?

Works out cuz the posting looks like us bike.

^ kinda pricey yes. but the bikes in the gallery are really really nicely done. I luv em lol. I would pick the one with gold wheels for the moto social. I like.
yeah usa bike I think too, w speedo in mph.

I think that ninja started at $900. Was thinking about before the ZZR250. Just five minutes from me. Maybe take a peek Monday see how bad it looks. I would agree $300 is about right. By now it will needtires battery, carbs cleaned, just everything to run and cert.

Remember when a cafe racer was a street-bike that was prepared for actually racing, that's the ones I like.

You going to bobber-chop a motorcycle, you might want to get it certified and plated first, many "builds" you see in other countries would not comply MOT, some of the mods are outright illegal either by federal law or traffic law in some of the provinces, do your research before dropping coin or sparking up the angle grinder (y)

When I was putting the DL on my policy that asked if I had modified the frame in anyway. Specially cutting or welding. If yes no coverage. If you lie and they find out that would be no coverage and fraud.

With the launch of the new 2020 Africa Twin I was hoping for the previous years to reduce in price on the used market. The opposite has happened, since the 2020 models are $18-20k+, people have listed their older models at $2-4k above what they should be ?

With the launch of the new 2020 Africa Twin I was hoping for the previous years to reduce in price on the used market. The opposite has happened, since the 2020 models are $18-20k+, people have listed their older models at $2-4k above what they should be
Wait until spring, prices will drop.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

^^ Sweet find. That's just a few minutes from were my Mom lives.
Near rear shock alone is at least $500.
Sell the V-Strom Shane. That bmw is a tractor, maybe not the horsepower you are after, but certainly more than the 650.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Sell the V-Strom Shane. That bmw is a tractor, maybe not the horsepower you are after, but certainly more than the 650.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Haha - Can't do it just yet Matt. I waited long enough for a black bike, let alone that I just put an Elka 3stage shock on mine. All that's left to upgrade is the forks and it will be everything I want minus a bit of power in the corners.

But that is a nice bike.

what is this thing for?
looks like a wheel to adjust....something beside it?

uEEju1V.jpg

Back
Top Bottom