The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | Page 52 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

Happy Helloween! 😈🤘

#satansatansatan #pollywatch

ADCreHf-cMZ4iSIWeiyIlts5NUzQu1X038B-GvVlIj4LplEm9L4PRE3wqUZKreiU5wvN9srZfRDq8Kw4CioSSs3jFmDXxpqpsbMnit6Glzu7wQK3c5petDArCjPJFR4WzTM-c01thLg_X7UYKNAW7Ge98jYI=w1175-h919-s-no-gm

Had a chance to put on my buddy’s ROLEX Submariner as he had it on at work.

I didn’t want to take it off.

I sure as hell wouldn’t wear it to a normal work day.

My buddy has his Rolex GMT on all day every day , bought it with his first AirCanada pay check for $2800 about 30yrs ago . It’s worth about 12k now . It’s had a new band and bezel and two services in 30yrs . That’s decent value .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Old guy at my boat club has a Submariner, gifted to him when he crewed a boat for Hans Fogh . Yes the Fogh marine guy , world champ in many boat classes and an Olympic medal or two. They won the Rolex sponsored Finn worlds and Hans got a watch, handed it to my old buddy Dennis , since Hans already had a couple. ….

Looking at the mortgage rate, accounts, and financial obligations with 3 children…

There will be no Rolex in my future.

Rolex - paying to have people squint to see a crown on your wrist. There's better watches for less money, and much better watches for the same/more.

Rolex has done an amazing job of marketing, sponsor F1 , SailGP , as the “Timing source” . Limit availability, and build cache. Is a Rolex submariner worth 3x the price of a sister co Tudor sub? Which has an in house movement and keeps almost identical time spec? Probably not . Can you resell a Rolex sub tomorrow for 5k over what you paid this morning at a dealer ? Yes , to multiple buyers .
Buying a Rolex isn’t really about telling time . Good news , there is a watch for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom