The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

backmarkerducati

Site Supporter
So we have hijacked enough other threads maybe it is time for a new one! Watch talk, new acquisitions, wrist shots.... baller or not, it is all horological coolness. No counterfeits please...

I will start it off with a Wednesday wrist shot, just back from a complete overhaul and to replace the broken main spring (literally today)--I wear them, no trailer queens here. The iconic Speedmaster Professional, flight qualified by NASA... This one was manufactured in 1985 (38 years old), 861 calibre, not sure how long I have owned it, somewhere in the 16 year range. Purchased used in Japan for $900! (I remember that part...)

20230118_182352_01.jpg

I broke it just before the pandemic, it has been locked away for a couple of years....

Speedmaster is perfect for a first and second post.

38d4e2659992c7413dec3d39ab7bdae3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh nice, GTAM's own watch thread. Love the Omegas in here, need to find my moonphase and dump it in here. Even though, I'm done with Omega after their silly ass xSwatch ********.

Hi guys,

Is this a good thread to ask about what oil to use for my motorcycle? Also can I use wd40 to clean my brakes?

So what's going on with house prices these days.

Sent from the future

My hood is down 150k currently, home is listed now so we’ll see. Sadly an estate sale down the road had a fire sale, so all the sellers are grumbling now.

Oh nice, GTAM's own watch thread. Love the Omegas in here, need to find my moonphase and dump it in here. Even though, I'm done with Omega after their silly ass xSwatch ********.
I did not like the idea of the MoonSwatch when it first came out but I have warmed to it and the idea. My first thought was it will devalue the real deal, but it has actually created more interest in watches for younger generations (needed in the industry) and it actually increased the values of the Speedmasters. In the end it is a bit of marketing genius and Swatch owns Omega....

I wouldn't buy one for myself, for no other reasons than having to explain that my other Speedmaster is at home. As noted in that other thread, I would buy ones for the kids, if I could get them retail (all sold out of course).

Last edited:
You guys wanna tell the poors what the Moonswatch is?
Omega is owned by Swatch (technically Swatch Group). In 2022 they released what is basically a Swatch Speedmaster, the MoonSwatch (marketed as Omega x Swatch, right on the dial). Same dimensions and shapes as the ones above in this thread but made of bioceramic (aka plastic...) with a quartz movement, $260USD or there about. There are 11 versions in different colours (sun, one for each planet, and of course the moon) each titled Mission to xxx. Some nice touches, on the Omega there is a Ω at the centre of the crystal, on the MoonSwatch there is an S.

When they were released it was pandemonium at Swatch stores. Still very hard to get and only sold in stores, not online. The debate in the hobby and industry does it diminish the original or does it promote it... Mission to the Moon is closest to the original in appearance.

I am pretty sure NASA withheld flight qualification for these.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation @backmarkerducati. Those are still nice watches in my eyes.

Will see if I can find one or two as the price is within my comfort level.

EDIT: seems like the resellers are busy with this one also

Last edited:
I am digging that Tag @Wingboy , I like Chrono , I like the dials .

I'm looking for a Heuer chrono , before Tag bought them and made TagHeuer. Jack Heuer made some very cool autavia motorsport watches , its on my list .

Yema superman with the red bezel is being phased out and the manufacturer is dumping them for $849 US . I'm quite tempted because I like Yema , even if they are French......

I am digging that Tag @Wingboy , I like Chrono , I like the dials .

I'm looking for a Heuer chrono , before Tag bought them and made TagHeuer. Jack Heuer made some very cool autavia motorsport watches , its on my list .

Yema superman with the red bezel is being phased out and the manufacturer is dumping them for $849 US . I'm quite tempted because I like Yema , even if they are French......
I like the look of the 1970 watch. I have no love for the recent ones. They are pushing invicta territory with the visual weight.

pfb6127dcfsupermanevolution2-1646830179464.png

Back
Top Bottom