The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | Page 71 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

I think the hype might be over. All Moonswatch versions in stock except Venus in Montreal. However, at $385 including tax I think I may pass. They also have those Blancpain ones but they look hideous.

I think the hype might be over. All Moonswatch versions in stock except Venus in Montreal. However, at $385 including tax I think I may pass. They also have those Blancpain ones but they look hideous.
Great. Now if they start coming down in price I can pick one up for kicks.

They may cheapen the brand. But I like the designs.

I like where the day of the week sits. With the Nato straps they are so much lighter. I guess one goes through phases where it was stainless steel bracelets or nothing, now I am removing the no name SS bracelets, and putting these on. I am not a big fan of the big sized watches either.

Alrighty...need some quick advice here. $200-300 range for dad. I love the tool idea, but as some mentioned...may not be a great idea to buy a tool to look at for someone that works with tools...

So...$200-300 range, dad is turning 70 (wish I could afford more), something akin to a diver watch (he loves his LUMINOX) so maybe something similar, with bit of pop.

Doesn't need to be a fancy show piece, just a nice, solid, good watch for dad.

Go!

Alrighty...need some quick advice here. $200-300 range for dad. I love the tool idea, but as some mentioned...may not be a great idea to buy a tool to look at for someone that works with tools...

So...$200-300 range, dad is turning 70 (wish I could afford more), something akin to a diver watch (he loves his LUMINOX) so maybe something similar, with bit of pop.

Go!
If it's me trying to stretch a budget like that without something specific in mind, I'd go to Jomashop.com, filter by gender and price, and see what jumps out. Jomashop is the biggest of the grey market dealers, and they have some insane pricing. The drawback is the warranty is through them (hence the grey market thing) vs through the manufacturer if you buy from a normal shop. You'll still get coverage in case of an issue, but it can take longer to be addressed.

A quick spin through shows some Orient diver automatics, some Tissot watches (including some PRX quartz), some Bulova quartz and automatics, and a pile of the usual Seiko, Seiko 5 and Citizen options. Just be careful with solar powered watches (Eco-Drive, Seiko Solar) if it's going to be kept in a closet or drawer and rarely worn.

Locally, the previously mentioned Citizen factory story in the Toronto Premium Outlets mall (in Milton) has a good selection and fair pricing if you want to see things in person, especially for Eco-Drive models. The Bay can have some okay stuff among the junk, but the pricing is unpredictable and they have little room to move on an overpriced item.

Go!

Seiko 5 Sports 'Blueberry' GMT - it's fairly new but is already a classic. A bit higher price but I think it's worth it :)

1710939951258.png

Seiko 5 Sports 'Blueberry' GMT - it's fairly new but is already a classic. A bit higher price but I think it's worth it :)

View attachment 66676

I have the Sportura Kinetic version. True GTM. Nice piece, but out of the set price range. Needs to be worn regularly or have the right electric toothbrush charger on hand as well.

images

Go!
If he loves his Luminox, maybe get something totally opposite so it gives him a different look? What type of watch does he like? I am sure what ever you decide it will have sentimental value for him as it is from you.

Go!

Citizen pro diver from Amazon?

There’s a few Bulovas/Citizens and Tissot on sale in that range.

Go!
Something from the fatherland? I know some of my friends sought out watches from their grandparents birth countries and treasured them.

Back
Top Bottom