The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | Page 70 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

At a $500 spread between rubber strap and metal bracelet, I’ll go out on a limb I can get a nice ( if not original) bracelet for less than $500 .

Even the OEM one is cheaper than the spread in price at $170 CAD. It makes no sense.

Bulova 8691596-A-96B258 Lunar Pilot Strap • Official dealer • Mastersintime.com

Being honest with each other , the only one here making sense is @Ash with a $34.00 Casio. But that’s not the game …..

Shush, you. Bringing practicality and logic into buying watches? Don't you dare. I want to keep spending thousands on a device utilising hundreds-of-years-old technology when the phone I already have is way more accurate at the same job, thank you very much...

Even the OEM one is cheaper than the spread in price at $170 CAD. It makes no sense.

Bulova 8691596-A-96B258 Lunar Pilot Strap • Official dealer • Mastersintime.com

Shush, you. Bringing practicality and logic into buying watches? Don't you dare. I want to keep spending thousands on a device utilising hundreds-of-years-old technology when the phone I already have is way more accurate at the same job, thank you very much...

Quartz tech is nearly 100 years old now (1927).

when the phone I already have is way more accurate at the same job, thank you very much...
My wife turned off auto time update on her smartphone. It drifted by almost four minutes in a year. I suspect they don't care much about accuracy as they assume you will have auto update on.

My wife turned off auto time update on her smartphone. It drifted by almost four minutes in a year. I suspect they don't care much about accuracy as they assume you will have auto update on.

I'm actually surprised it was that accurate, to be honest. I assume internet connectivity to an atomic clock or similar for accuracy within a few ms with connection delays...

I haven't compared the Bulova prices in that store, as their watches mostly aren't to my taste (except the Devil Diver),

Mark of the Beast. 🤘

ABLVV87Wdw9bU7DHjbQEwO60cq3xSZZpK-kLQYOzOlsgEq1Rr4ClVTpk3BKKEA7cy4G2cf-HP9Kxn60aWhKhjE2ujXgtDdYsjHUSNn5otSnrCOYvHG_rnCBK0xpYL5anxZIWevNlCfZGBypkiPZoaQgqvYMA=w405-h599-s-no-gm

I like the Accutron DNA with it's electrostatic powered movement.

Accutron+DNA.png

Yesterday, I went with my 10yr old son, and bought him his first watch (he ended up with an Adidas watch, because he wanted it to be sporty like him). The salesperson behind the counter, was really helpful.

As a father, it became emotional for me because I remember when my dad bought me, my first watch around that age.

It felt like 'a right of passage' for father/son bonding. Weird feeling.

Been a while since I've done this but I'm assuming this end link/end piece comes off easily with the release of the spring bars? It just seems pretty mated to the watch. Could just be tight tolerances though. Swapping out the metal band with a black fluororubber one.
a5de41ceeb7cd14734bd824532c4329e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Been a while since I've done this but I'm assuming this end link/end piece comes off easily with the release of the spring bars? It just seems pretty mated to the watch. Could just be tight tolerances though. Swapping out the metal band with a black fluororubber one.
a5de41ceeb7cd14734bd824532c4329e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

It's a solid link. Ideally the spring bars should be compressed simultaneously depending on how tight the tolerance is.

Looks newish but over time, they can get stuck. I normally pop each side individually so I know they are free, push the barrel in the link back and forth so I know it is free, then try to get it apart. I retract one pin, use a thin metal shim to keep it out of hole, push the barrel towards the shim then retract the second pin. Pull gently on the band (shimmed end often comes out first) and you are done. Clean and reassemble.

Back
Top Bottom