The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological | Page 37 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The "Official" Watch Thread and all Things Horological

Because of this thread I am now getting targeted ads for hideous watch art.

image_bfb640a3-ad6b-4039-88e7-7d67c7d1a25f_1100x.jpg

Anyone know any decent local watch buyers? I'm thinking of offloading 1 of my Omega.

haha,Not a diver (got a trusty casio for that)
speedmaster moonphase (2017)

Nice looking watch. Glws.

To add a slightly helpful comment, the facebook watch selling group that mp and others are in seems to have decent traffic and money being thrown around.

@xfactor you can try one of the private may Facebook groups (not FBMP). I am on Canada Watch Club (I just joined recently) and lots of stuff moves around there. The catch is always the need to be known and have references to get top dollar for anything at that price point private sale... Some groups require you to be a member for a certain period before sales are permitted.

There are the shops around Southern Ontairo that sell used watches, but they will give you a price much lower than the current "retail" value.

@xfactor you can try one of the private may Facebook groups (not FBMP). I am on Canada Watch Club (I just joined recently) and lots of stuff moves around there. The catch is always the need to be known and have references to get top dollar for anything at that price point private sale... Some groups require you to be a member for a certain period before sales are permitted.

There are the shops around Southern Ontairo that sell used watches, but they will give you a price much lower than the current "retail" value.
Thanks! Not or never been on FB so that probably won't fly. I'll talk to my Omega dealer and Beriani and see if they have anyone. I don't want to take 2 million pics and post it at the usual online traders hence the want to keep it local and get it done. Thanks for the info!

Beautiful but just a few too many zeroes for my wallet!

EDIT: the watch groups on FB appear to be very active, but a lot of requests for ‘have you dealt with this guy’.

There are also lots of dealers there so I’m sure someone would snap it up from you, but they’ll shortchange you.

Most dealers want it to resell at maximum profit , most collectors will pay a good dollar because they want it .

Do be cautious there are an equal amount of sketchy buyers to match sketchy sellers .

Young guy in Montreal just got robbed of a near mint Rolex datejust, guy that showed up to buy was already wearing a near mint fake , tries on new watch , stands and shakes his sleeves down to see how the watch “ wears” , hands kid back the fake . Ends the deal saying he just didn’t like it that much. Walks away . Sort of a magician move .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

To a collector I'd say $8500 - $9000. Dealer probably $7000.
Nice watch.

Thanks guys, bought this on a whim back in 2017. Most of my friends made fun of me "why you tracking the moonphase? So you can get out of the house at the time of the month?" :p

Yea, quite frankly I haven't even reached out to anyone in my network yet. It was just a whim cause I was looking at some of the new releases and felt like I need to shed one before getting another one. :)

Don't let me derail the thread. Thanks everyone for the input, I'll update if anything happens.

Tudor has some interesting releases too, white dialed GMT looks nice but could never get over the thickness. New even smaller sized Black Bay 54 as well.

I've got the BB GMT, Chrono Panda and Harrod's Edition.

Unless you have a tiny wrist thickness isn't actually an issue.

I've got watches such as the Rolex GMT Master II, Submariner and Santos de Cartier to compare to and I would still never be deterred by a Black Bay.

I love that new BB 54, my wife has a Yachtmaster 37 and I'm thinking of picking up that 54 as a vacation/everyday alternative for her.

As much as I love Rolex, Tudor is my go to.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

I think Tudor, like Omega and the Speedmaster, have flogged the Black Bay to death.

Just reading about a guy in Vancouver got suckered on a Rolex Daytona for 15k . Well, if a guy is flogging a Daytona white gold under 25k , it’s a fake .
This one has far reaching consequences, a very reputable Van dealer is no longer doing authentication. The super premium fakes are too good .
Friggin crooks are everywhere

Just reading about a guy in Vancouver got suckered on a Rolex Daytona for 15k . Well, if a guy is flogging a Daytona white gold under 25k , it’s a fake .
This one has far reaching consequences, a very reputable Van dealer is no longer doing authentication. The super premium fakes are too good .
Friggin crooks are everywhere

Heard about the van dealer not doing verifications anymore. Someone had used their name and said it’s been authenticated…but dealer never touched the watch.

It’s stories like that which make me not want to buy used from FBMP/Kijiji. Lot of risk and unless you’re well trained, hard to spot the fake.

Mind you the type of watches I buy are very cheap in comparison to some shown here.

Back
Top Bottom