The Motorcycle Education Game | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Motorcycle Education Game

this went from entertaining to 'look how clever I am' fairly quickly
Yes. Let's try and make it like a photo tag game. No new post, unless you have an answer. Mladin had a great idea starting it.

New question can only come from the user with the correct answer.

If it's a game open a new one in the romper room, problem solved.

Used on racing horses to get better traction -- the equivalent to knobby tires on a dirtbike. My dad used to ride chuckwagons, he has one hanging over his desk.

What 70s era bikes had high and low range transmissions?
Had one of those too TC90 and the rim shoes had to be kept tight or the valve stem would go crooked and eventually get sheared off.
That was my first brand new bike (y) totally useless feature btw.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
4 seam fastball ?
A "Dead Red" is a law in Indiana that allows MC riders to treat a red light like a stop sign after 120 seconds.

A "Dead Red" is a law in Indiana that allows MC riders to treat a red light like a stop sign after 120 seconds

Nice. that would be good to have.

this went from entertaining to 'look how clever I am' fairly quickly
This.

Scenario one it becomes Motorcycle Trivial Pursuit. A pissing match between older guys who've been there and do in fact know it all.

Scenario two it becomes who can use Google faster than the next guy.

Either way, it's good to learn this stuff. It will prove to be valuable for everyone.

Some of the questions are impossible to answer without Google, so it's hard to ban the search engines.

How about we do it Photo Tag style. One question is asked. Three honest attempts are made by members. If no one can get it, we put a G beside the answer? Google was needed. IE:

A.1
A.2
A.3
A.G

Google being the definitive answer as well as the referee.

Obviously, this will require the honour system, so please use it.

Also, please refrain from expanding on, or delving into heavy technical answers. It's just a fun way to throw out quick questions and answer in less than ten or so words. Quick questions, quick answers. Everyone wins. If you want to go into the tech specifics of an answer, start a new thread.

Back to the game:

One of brothers had one of these, so I know this answer

Q. What was the first electric start motorcycle?

Last edited:
This.

Scenario one it becomes Motorcycle Trivial Pursuit. A pissing match between older guys who've been there and do in fact know it all.

Scenario two it becomes who can use Google faster than the next guy.

Either way, it's good to learn this stuff. It will prove to be valuable for everyone.

Some of the questions are impossible to answer without Google, so it's hard to ban the search engines.

How about we do it Photo Tag style. One question is asked. Three honest attempts are made by members. If no one can get it, we put a G beside the answer? Google was needed. IE:

A.1
A.2
A.3
A.G

Google being the definitive answer as well as the referee.

Obviously, this will require the honour system, so please use it.

Also, please refrain from expanding on, or delving into heavy technical answers. It's just a fun way to throw out quick questions and answer in less than ten or so words. Quick questions, quick answers. Everyone wins. If you want to go into the tech specifics of an answer, start a new thread.

Back to the game:

One of brothers had one of these, so I know this answer

Q. What was the first electric start motorcycle?
The first I can remember with standard electric start is Honda’s cb750. 60s bikes were all kick, 70s bikes were a mix of kick and electric, by 1980 most lost their kick (dirt/enduros excepted).

if your bike is equipped with a TLS, where would you find that on the bike?

The first I can remember with standard electric start is Honda’s cb750. 60s bikes were all kick, 70s bikes were a mix of kick and electric, by 1980 most lost their kick (dirt/enduros excepted).

TLS was the Suzuki rear suspension i think.
The answer to my golf tournament question is the Hero motorcycle corporation.
Did i get the tls answer?

For sure the 1967 Honda CB450 'black bomber' had electric start, other likely preceded it.
TLS= twin leading shoe front brake.

For sure the 1967 Honda CB450 'black bomber' had electric start, other likely preceded it.
TLS= twin leading shoe front brake.
305's had electric start, pretty sure the Super Hawk sloper introduced electric start as well as the first 5 speed transmission :|
but that was a very long time ago to remember and I have had a few head injuries since :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
The big 4 Japanese manufacturers all released at least one factory turbo bike. Name 1 turbo bike from each of the companies and the year for each.

... isn't that like 8 questions? :unsure:
& it was the 80's I can barely remember that decade,
but i do remember most of them were called "Turbo"

Back
Top Bottom