The less meat thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The less meat thread

This is cultured steak that is available.
r0_280_5472_3490_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

3D printed steak.

Man, we're inching ever so close to all the Star Trek technologies, it's crazy.

"Computer! Tea. Earl Gray. Hot!"

On another note, the shape of that steak is so unappetizingly fake. I don't really think faux-meat producers should try to replicate the *shape* of meat.

It totally reminds me of those old McDonald's McRib sandwiches, where they molded the "meat" into the shape of ribs - even the "bones" were made of the "meat"!

210929144431-20210929-mcrib-super-tease.jpg

Way to drive home the point that this wasn't really meat! 🤮

Last edited:
If you are taking meat out of your diet, how are you replacing the nutrients typically provided by meat?

I will never move away from meat, veggies are not quite the same on the BBQ. Also have no interest in these byond this or that product which sound and appear to be over processed foods, and processed foods generally are already not great of you in the first place.

If you are taking meat out of your diet, how are you replacing the nutrients typically provided by meat?

I will never move away from meat, veggies are not quite the same on the BBQ. Also have no interest in these byond this or that product which sound and appear to be over processed foods, and processed foods generally are already not great of you in the first place.
theres protein in many things, in the years I was a vegetarian, I ate a diet with a fair bit of dairy products(even competed as a boxer)

If you want to be scientific about it, there are complete proteins and incomplete proteins, in addition your body produces the vast majority of amino acids by itself, so you either get incomplete protein, or you plan your diet painstakingly to mix and match things to try to get everything.
(nutrients from supplements will never compare to the real stuff from food, absorption rates, quality, etc arent the same)

Imo the healthiest diet is just a good balance of everything.

bacon….

Interesting thread. Once I ordered a ‘beyond’ something something burger because I thought it was as MORE meat…not no meat! Horrible tasting. Horrible!

I’m sure @shanekingsley would have some delicious alternatives!

I've found myself slowly moving toward a vegetarian diet. That said, I don't particularily enjoy eating (food). It's just fuel and if I could ditch all of it for a single pill every morning that would have all needed nutrients I would be all over it. Also I look at it in the following way:
1. I wouldn't kill an animal myself to eat it under normal circumstances, why is it ok for someone else to kill it for me?
2. When done properly, it is a healthier lifestyle. Vegetarians live on average 7 years longer and vegans 15 years longer. Seems like the numbers were stretched a bit by the vegan crowd, but even if those numbers are double the truth, you still live longer.
3. Just because a person eats meat doesn't by any stretch mean they're getting all the other nutrients. Yeah they get protein, but what about minerals and vitamins that only come from plants?
4. Without herbs/spices most meats alone taste like crap. I once had boiled chicken and can not fathom a fakeburger tasting worse. I hate, and I mean hate cauliflower, but would sooner eat that than boiled chicken again.
5. The environmental impacts of meat based diets simply can not be ignored.

I need a ruling, are you a vegan if you only eat vegans?

I've found myself slowly moving toward a vegetarian diet. That said, I don't particularily enjoy eating (food). It's just fuel and if I could ditch all of it for a single pill every morning that would have all needed nutrients I would be all over it. Also I look at it in the following way:
1. I wouldn't kill an animal myself to eat it under normal circumstances, why is it ok for someone else to kill it for me?
2. When done properly, it is a healthier lifestyle. Vegetarians live on average 7 years longer and vegans 15 years longer. Seems like the numbers were stretched a bit by the vegan crowd, but even if those numbers are double the truth, you still live longer.
3. Just because a person eats meat doesn't by any stretch mean they're getting all the other nutrients. Yeah they get protein, but what about minerals and vitamins that only come from plants?
4. Without herbs/spices most meats alone taste like crap. I once had boiled chicken and can not fathom a fakeburger tasting worse. I hate, and I mean hate cauliflower, but would sooner eat that than boiled chicken again.
agreed

There are many reasons people go the vegetarian or vegan route, for some its religious or ethical reasons, for others its health reasons

There are also cultural factors at play, its ridiculously easy to be vegetarian for certain people (indian people, or buddhists etc)

For people used to eating boiled potatoes, or food cooked in sheep stomach...not so much

In an ideal world, I would either eat everything free range, or hunting and eating elk joe rogan style, not a big fan of factory farming

Last edited:
Interesting thread. Once I ordered a ‘beyond’ something something burger because I thought it was as MORE meat…not no meat! Horrible tasting. Horrible!

I’m sure @shanekingsley would have some delicious alternatives!
That's a good story:)

I have a serious love for food and since I've generally had a higher metabolism for much of my life, I eat a lot. I could easily eat double the amount I do and I did this until around 35, but have since cut back a lot to stop the gluttony. Stopped eating meat around 15 years ago for many reasons that I won't get into, but while I really enjoyed eating meat every meal, I don't miss it one bit. I'm leaner, faster, have better endurance, more alert, sleep less and definitely much healthier. I also know that while being healthy may not prevent me from getting sick, hopefully it will help my ability to recover from illness. I love all kinds of food and I generally eat food because I enjoy it, not just for fuel, but I do choose my food intake by what I am doing like working, exercising, riding, or whatever...

I don't really have many suggestions for less meat eating - if someone want to eat less meat, then no need to choose a beyond meat burger - just don't eat meat and eat other things you enjoy. If you crave the meat, then maybe just eat the meat. If you like the beyond meat burger for what it is, then have one. If you want a plan to reduce meat consumption, maybe decide to only eat it once or twice per day and reduce it from there as you feel it's right for you.

And I think if you can grow some food for yourself, I think it can increase your connections with what you put into your body - regardless of whether it's a plant or an animal. I find growing my own food has introduced me to some really interesting colours and flavours of food we rarely find in stores.

Lastly, I really dislike eating packaged food, so I try to avoid that as much as possible. It takes a lot of energy and resources to produce most of the food we eat, so minimizing unnecessary packaging is something I try to keep in mind.

Last edited:
6. No one ever died of mad cauliflower disease

Think I need to review my diet. This week alone I’ve had 2 episodes(haven’t slept since 3am today) with massive heart burn of some sort.

3 days ago I thought I was dying as my stomach felt it was turning in and around itself. Bloating, and very very gassy (wife said I sounded like a deer performing mating calls).

Pain is just under my left rib cage near the front. Heartburn? Ulcers? Gas? Whatever it is, needs to be looked at.

I was getting wicked heartburn at night , gassy bloated , stomach aches .
Sorry , I stopped drinking . Gone in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Think I need to review my diet. This week alone I’ve had 2 episodes(haven’t slept since 3am today) with massive heart burn of some sort.

3 days ago I thought I was dying as my stomach felt it was turning in and around itself. Bloating, and very very gassy (wife said I sounded like a deer performing mating calls).

Pain is just under my left rib cage near the front. Heartburn? Ulcers? Gas? Whatever it is, needs to be looked at.
Could also be a food allergy to something that you were not previously allergic to.

Sometimes stress (kids, kevin) can lead to similar symptoms and when the stress is better managed the symptoms go away.

I was getting wicked heartburn at night , gassy bloated , stomach aches .
Sorry , I stopped drinking . Gone in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
I think it could be the drinking. Love my whiskey. But I’ll stop for a few weeks just to cleanse system.

@shanekingsley never though of allergy being an issue but very possible. But I also think the stress recently may have play a factor also.

Called the doc as it’s been years since I’ve been. And I’ve got one dead friend at 41 (heart attack) and another just missed a heart attack and May need a coronary bypass surgery (41).

I think it could be the drinking. Love my whiskey. But I’ll stop for a few weeks just to cleanse system.

@shanekingsley never though of allergy being an issue but very possible. But I also think the stress recently may have play a factor also.

Called the doc as it’s been years since I’ve been. And I’ve got one dead friend at 41 (heart attack) and another just missed a heart attack and May need a coronary bypass surgery (41).
For me it is simple carbs white bread or pasta give me terrible heartburn. Also alcohol

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Back
Top Bottom