The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Someone I know well was clocked at 148 on the 407 south this week at 5pm during rush hour. It's bumper to bumper at that time , he asked the Opp if the reading was timestamped and got 'no' for an answer.

Someone I know well was clocked at 148 on the 407 south this week at 5pm during rush hour. It's bumper to bumper at that time , he asked the Opp if the reading was timestamped and got 'no' for an answer.
If there is no accident or construction, the 407 traffic travels at normal speeds even at rush hour I find. 148 isn't impossible Imo.

Canada should employ Australia's tactic... a vehicle is pictured (speed camera/red light camera etc) Or a dash camera etc spots it doing illegal stuff... the registered owner gets the bill AND the demerit points unless he can get the ticket signed by the person that was driving at the time, who then becomes responsible for the fine and loses the demerit points.
No it should not.

In the hamilton area I grew up in, there was quarter mile start and finish lines painted on many back roads. I rode an xr500 at 14 on the roads or pretty much anywhere. See a cop pop into a field or train tracks etc.
I got pulled over on the QEW my way to work on my brand new RZ500. I was not speeding. Cop says I pulled you over because i wanted to look at your bike, i haven't seen one yet. Then tells me to let er rip so he can see how quick they really are.LOL
I was pulled over in my teen years after drinking and told to go home we dont want to see you out again tonight.
How times change.

"407 south"?

Typo? 427 perhaps?

In camera charges there is no way to punish an offender if he's not the owner... unless the owner can get him to sign saying it was him... if he doesn't want to sign then hey... don't lend your vehicle to douchbags ever again and take the fine and demerits. It's surprising easy to get a license suspension due to losing demerit points in Australia, so people think twice before allowing anyone to borrow their car.
Yes there is...in Germany the cameras take the picture in front of the car showing the driver ;)

. ...I was pulled over in my teen years after drinking and told to go home we dont want to see you out again tonight.
How times change.
Memories. I remember a similar situation in my youth while driving home from the Nag's Head along Hwy 7.

First he scared the **** out of me, sat me in the cruiser with cherries blaming, asked me for my dad's name and phone number, then he said it was my lucky day and let me go. "Son, get your ass up to 16th Avenue and head straight home". He followed me home and went on his way.

16th was a dirt road, I guess it was a safer route no curbs and less traffic.

That interaction did it for me, from that point on I arranged my way home without driving. I sometimes wonder if that approach is effective when no aggravating circumstances exist. .

Doesn't ruin a kids life.

Last edited:
Memories. I remember a similar situation in my youth while driving home from the Nag's Head along Hwy 7.

"Son, get your ass up to 16th Avenue and head straight home".

16th was a dirt road, I guess it was a safer route no curbs and less traffic.

Then again, the worst case scenario was a $53 fine.

If you ride like an ass, use the bike lane to pass and are unlucky enough to get caught on dash cam, the police will come looking for you.

screenshot-2022-06-08-9.53.04-am.png;w=960
Reported again to guelph police. Same bike and outfit, still riding like a dbag. Guelph police want him bad.

Had a couple of riders both run a stop sign and almost collide today in front of me.

Another winner in clearview.

Provincial police say a man attempting to flee officers on a dirt bike turned into a farmer's field and got stuck - in the dirt.

Police say the accused was charged with having no insurance, no plates and failing to stop.

Another winner in clearview.

Provincial police say a man attempting to flee officers on a dirt bike turned into a farmer's field and got stuck - in the dirt.

Police say the accused was charged with having no insurance, no plates and failing to stop.
How did he get stuck 🤣 if you have enough speed a plowed field should not be an obstacle...

And here I thought of buying those as a super cheap way to explore Simcoe Forests.

And here I thought of buying those as a super cheap way to explore Simcoe Forests.
It's cheap until it isn't. A neighbour has a few dirt bikes (sleepy 230 and very not sleepy 250) I can borrow at any time which is a nice off them but no insurance on them so I won't do it.

Back
Top Bottom