The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Mad Mike

We have a The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread, lately I've seen a lot of bad stuff by motorcyclists.

On Sunday Jul 18 at around 6PM I was southbound on the 404 at Green Lane, plodding along at about 125KMH.

2 SS bikes followed by an ADV bike with hard bags zipped past at an estimated speed of 180-200kmh, weaving in and out of traffic, 1 bike made a high speed pass on the right using the ramp exit lane. They went by so fast I couldn't make out the bike models, the last may have been a MultiS. There was plenty of weekend traffic, they were operating at race speed criss crossing and filtering thru traffic at really unsafe speeds.

fast riding isn't necessarily bad riding - if they had crashed into you then your post might make more sense

whiney posts like this remind me of a Carlin joke:

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a MANIAC!!?"

fast riding isn't necessarily bad riding - if they had crashed into you then your post might make more sense

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a MANIAC!!?"
A crash is not the defining factor. Near misses are crashes if you had a little less luck. Bad behaviour causes others to react in unexpected ways. What if MM had jerked the wheel left and had a bump when they blew past him on the ramp? Obviously MM would be partly at fault, but so would the bike making unexpected maneuvers and I am sure the bike wouldn't stick around to get their share of tickets.

While I somewhat agree and have occasionally gone too fast on my bike, I do see filtering a busy highway like you're inside a video game as bad riding practice.

Go to the track, or run a wide open highway with no traffic.

By the way one sportbike was GP loud. I didn't hear him until she passed me.

This shows pretty poor judgement though. Poor judgement decisions eventually get the “winner” a “prize” at some point.

Saw a guy on a black bike, in full black, ripping along the 401EB around 10:30am weaving in an out. Tore up behind up some Challenger that was slowing the traffic and then pass the Challenger, and brake check him while flipping him the bird and yelling at him. WTF. Challenger wasn’t doing anything wrong at all.

Keep in mind.
This is the interpretation of events, not the actual events.
So while I am not calling anyone a liar, these events are a lot like fishing stories...

Bad drivers/riders do not crash every time they are out.

But we all wish they did... :unsure:

@Man
But we all wish they did... :unsure:
I never wish they crash. I do wish they would learn to enjoy their bikes in a safer manner before somebody gets hurt.

A bike came up behind us on the highway last week. Probably 140 km/h, no sketchy behavior but a GP exhaust. Wife didn't hear it until it was beside my window. We were talking on the phone (through car stereo, windows closed) and had to stop talking until it was hundreds of meters ahead as we couldn't hear the phone call. Yup. Safety. I can honestly say I have never seen a bike with a GP exhaust that got run over from behind (and very very few bikes with whisper quiet factory exhausts that have been run over from behind).

Never. I wish slower drivers will not be able to start their cars though.
Yup, ok. What is a slower driver? a tractor, a truck with a heavy load etc. or someone in a car under the speed limit?
With the way speed limits are going, it may be faster to walk in a few years.. :ROFLMAO:

@Man

I never wish they crash. I do wish they would learn to enjoy their bikes in a safer manner before somebody gets hurt.

A bike came up behind us on the highway last week. Probably 140 km/h, no sketchy behavior but a GP exhaust. Wife didn't hear it until it was beside my window. We were talking on the phone (through car stereo, windows closed) and had to stop talking until it was hundreds of meters ahead as we couldn't hear the phone call. Yup. Safety. I can honestly say I have never seen a bike with a GP exhaust that got run over from behind (and very very few bikes with whisper quiet factory exhausts that have been run over from behind).
Get off the road slowpoke!!

The answer is always ebike. What other vehicle can you operate with almost complete impunity?
LOL.. Yea the "untouchables"
Helmet-Fails-Gear-Patrol-Lead-Full.jpg

I was in the right lane!

Cops nailed a bus on the 401 at 122 on the weekend. They said going with the flow of traffic is no excuse to break the law and gave the driver a ticket. Pricks.
Well, at least you get sarcasm. I will admit as I am on the highway more each week, I want to be on it less.

This morning 401W, a Mercedes rear ended a tractor trailer (by the damage was going pretty fast and passing on the right) that is not the issue. he is then stopped in the middle of the right hand lane with his door open sitting with his legs hanging out having a smoke and on the phone. That is what troubled me....

He seems more like a cargo bike kind of guy. I guess he could have a e-cargo bike.
I'll say it before anyone else. X-HD rider..:cautious:

Extremely anecdotal observation - does anybody else feel like they don't see many bikes "mildly" speeding these days? Like either they're moving with traffic, or they're testing out their Bonneville Flats configuration. IDK, it could be I'm getting old and it's in my head

Back
Top Bottom