The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Riders of Ontario Thread

Glad they survived their bad choices. Hope they learn before they die. Ride safe folks.

Southern Georgian Bay OPP officers say the motorcycle rider crashed into the northbound ditch along Highway 400 in Tay Township Saturday night.

They say he had minor injuries and was treated at an area hospital.

The 27-year-old motorcyclist was charged with impaired operation and having a blood alcohol concentration of 80-plus.

Have seen 4 or 5 mid 90's/early 2000's sport bikes riding around Hamilton this year with no plate or similar fake plates like one posted above that look like they have ZERO intention of stopping for police. Just from appearance and riding gear (no riding gear) it is easy to see accident/death trap waiting to happen.

Glad they survived their bad choices. Hope they learn before they die. Ride safe folks.

Southern Georgian Bay OPP officers say the motorcycle rider crashed into the northbound ditch along Highway 400 in Tay Township Saturday night.

They say he had minor injuries and was treated at an area hospital.

The 27-year-old motorcyclist was charged with impaired operation and having a blood alcohol concentration of 80-plus.

Good grief. Drinking and riding. Someone doesn’t want to live long

Yeah, if you're going to do something stupid like a fake plate, don't call attention to yourself by personalizing it, especially with too many characters. Motorcycle vanity plates are limited to 5, according to the MTO website.
And they don't say "Yours to Discover" along the bottom.

Have seen 4 or 5 mid 90's/early 2000's sport bikes riding around Hamilton this year with no plate or similar fake plates like one posted above that look like they have ZERO intention of stopping for police. Just from appearance and riding gear (no riding gear) it is easy to see accident/death trap waiting to happen.

But the armour vest bro! Disregard the bare arms that will be shredded

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If you ride like an ass, use the bike lane to pass and are unlucky enough to get caught on dash cam, the police will come looking for you.

screenshot-2022-06-08-9.53.04-am.png;w=960

If you ride like an ass, use the bike lane to pass and are unlucky enough to get caught on dash cam, the police will come looking for you.

screenshot-2022-06-08-9.53.04-am.png;w=960

Unless that rider admits it was them riding in that video.... There's nothing the police can do about it.

Unless that rider admits it was them riding in that video.... There's nothing the police can do about it.
Correct but as if the heat score of riding with no visible plate wasn't high enough, now police are actively looking for this bike. Given the description and documented history of riding like an ass, I'd be concerned that police might light him up and knock him down. He's probably safe from tickets for this event but depending on the attitude of the local police, his life may now be in danger.

EDIT:
It appears pics were taken by the driver holding a phone. No win situation there. Do cops charge that driver?

IIRC it’s legal to use your phone to report/document crimes. I know you can dial *OPP etc. handheld.

Just say a left-handed passenger took the photos.

Canada should employ Australia's tactic... a vehicle is pictured (speed camera/red light camera etc) Or a dash camera etc spots it doing illegal stuff... the registered owner gets the bill AND the demerit points unless he can get the ticket signed by the person that was driving at the time, who then becomes responsible for the fine and loses the demerit points.

Canada should employ Australia's tactic... a vehicle is pictured (speed camera/red light camera etc) Or a dash camera etc spots it doing illegal stuff... the registered owner gets the bill AND the demerit points unless he can get the ticket signed by the person that was driving at the time, who then becomes responsible for the fine and loses the demerit points.

Not sure I agree here. I understand the logic but I’ve never liked the idea of fines/tickets for the person that owns the vehicle vs the party that incurred the infraction.

Yes you can argue to not let people use your vehicle but let’s address the offenders. Just my view.

Not sure I agree here. I understand the logic but I’ve never liked the idea of fines/tickets for the person that owns the vehicle vs the party that incurred the infraction.

Yes you can argue to not let people use your vehicle but let’s address the offenders. Just my view.

In camera charges there is no way to punish an offender if he's not the owner... unless the owner can get him to sign saying it was him... if he doesn't want to sign then hey... don't lend your vehicle to douchbags ever again and take the fine and demerits. It's surprising easy to get a license suspension due to losing demerit points in Australia, so people think twice before allowing anyone to borrow their car.

As an added note, the system also means if your close to losing your license you can get someone to take the "hit" for you... you'll owe your mate for a long time for it though.

Do radars timestamp their readings?

Hmm... we're pretty close to martial law on a lot of driving things, I'm not one too interested in sliding further down that slippery slope.

Back
Top Bottom