The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

For replacement, yes. Less if it's repairable.

*EDIT* I went back again and looked at it full screen. I don't see any fender damage, but there are scuffs on the tire and rim.

Noticed that as well

Could be that he's trying to lowball a price on repairs to keep the guy engaged in the conversation to keep in contact later on.

[video=youtube;oi3842lT_Do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3842lT_Do[/video]

This one's partly on you for driving in the passing lane and not passing the guy. Look at how far the other car is ahead.

TTC bus one's on the bus that didn't stop for the red light.

This one's partly on you for driving in the passing lane and not passing the guy. Look at how far the other car is ahead.

I don't really understand this logic on surface streets.

If someone in front pulls hard from a light whether they have a more powerful car or they drive with a heavy foot, it's your fault someone on the right changed lanes into you without checking coming from a stop?
If you consider every other car going through that intersection, that red van had cleared the intersection just as everyone else was reaching the halfway point.

Wheres the blame on the person "passing on the right", "not checking their blind spot - turning into someone", and "driving on the left lane and not passing anybody"?

By your logic, the left lane should always be empty coming up to every traffic light and everyone on that lane would partially at fault if anything were to happen unless they hammer the gas.

Last edited:
I'd just say the guy in the left lane is just as guilty for sitting in the blind-spot of another vehicle, just as the other driver is guilty of not looking. It's like he's ever so slowly passing the car in the curb lane.. but as you can see.. stuff like this happens. Pass with a bit more authority... ie.. speed.

I also chuckle at what appears to be a bit of an over-reaction when the guy starts to come over..

I don't really understand this logic on surface streets.

If someone in front pulls hard from a light whether they have a more powerful car or they drive with a heavy foot, it's your fault someone on the right changed lanes into you without checking coming from a stop?
If you consider every other car going through that intersection, that red van had cleared the intersection just as everyone else was reaching the halfway point.

Wheres the blame on the person "passing on the right", "not checking their blind spot - turning into someone", and "driving on the left lane and not passing anybody"?

By your logic, the left lane should always be empty coming up to every traffic light and everyone on that lane would partially at fault if anything were to happen unless they hammer the gas.

It's simple. Pass and get over. By my logic, that would be the ideal. If you're not passing, then find an opening and get over.

too many people think they can get in the passing lane, and set the cruise control for smooth sailing, and not pay attention to the huge lineup of cars and trucks behind them waiting to pass. This is how other people get into the habit of passing on the right, which they shouldn't do either.

I've had cars, even one cop, pull up to my blindspot on the left and sit there, with nothing in front of them, and nothing behind. I'd speed up, they'd speed up. I'd slow down, they'd slow down. It seemed like they were trying to catch me off guard. It's not a good habit to do that.

Last edited:
wow you just attract stupid don't ya
well my next car will be

Attachments

• carmageddonsp_2.jpg
    carmageddonsp_2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 58
It's simple. Pass and get over. By my logic, that would be the ideal. If you're not passing, then find an opening and get over.

too many people think they can get in the passing lane, and set the cruise control for smooth sailing, and not pay attention to the huge lineup of cars .

On highways I couldn't agree with you more. But on surface streets I disagree. I'm not saying it's fine to drive in the left lane ALL THE TIME, but for a handful of blocks when your next turn is a left is acceptable.

too many people think they can get in the passing lane, and set the cruise control for smooth sailing, and not pay attention to the huge lineup of cars and trucks behind them waiting to pass. This is how other people get into the habit of passing on the right, which they shouldn't do either.

I've had cars, even one cop, pull up to my blindspot on the left and sit there, with nothing in front of them, and nothing behind. I'd speed up, they'd speed up. I'd slow down, they'd slow down. It seemed like they were trying to catch me off guard. It's not a good habit to do that.

I've lost count of the number of times that I've pulled into the passing lane to pass, only to have the other vehicle automatically speed up when I do. It happens pretty much every time I go out in my car, at some point.

I would agree if this logic was applied to highway driving or long stretches of rural road, but if you have a traffic light every 200 metres, it just won't work/make sense.

Who uses cruise control on surface streets anyways...?

People driving side-by-side matching your speed is a whole other issue.

One of mine from yesterday. The car in front of me thinks cutting through the mechanic shop parking lot is a time saver.

[video=youtube;ipbn5uCzBYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbn5uCzBYo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

One of mine from yesterday. The car in front of me thinks cutting through the mechanic shop parking lot is a time saver.

Haha, I laugh every time I see something like that. Though, it can get bad where people try and take those shortcuts through parking lots around blind corners at speed without checking.

Haha, I laugh every time I see something like that. Though, it can get bad where people try and take those shortcuts through parking lots around blind corners at speed without checking.

I see that, quite frequently, at Derry and Kennedy where people cut through the Petro Can station. They don't seem to realize that all the traffic in the turn lane from Derry, to Kennedy north, stops them from getting out anyway.

That's how this happened in Brampton, of course.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/impatient-driver-gets-vehicle-impaled-in-brampton-1.3227859

brampton-car-impaled.png

I see that, quite frequently, at Derry and Kennedy where people cut through the Petro Can station. They don't seem to realize that all the traffic in the turn lane from Derry, to Kennedy north, stops them from getting out anyway.

There's an plaza with Tims/RBC/Freshco at Leslie & Major Mac where a pedestrian was run over last year when I used to work in the area. Same reason, someone cutting through to get ahead 1 traffic light.

Risk vs reward. Saving 30 secs vs high risk of running someone over especially at a rushed pace (which everyone seems to be in a rush when cutting through).

That post made me recall something that happened back when I first started driving...
Shopper's World Brampton--January -- snow covered parking lot-- Sunday morning (iirc, before stores were open Sundays, yeah, I'm old)-- lot wasn't plowed yet so I'm being new driver cautious -- taxi behind me got ******-- cut over to drive through all the parking spaces-- smashed right into a snow covered island. Effed his ish up real bad.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I've lost count of the number of times that I've pulled into the passing lane to pass, only to have the other vehicle automatically speed up when I do.

I spent a lot of time on Highway 7 between Peterborough and Madoc. It's 1 lane in most places. Frequently get stuck behind people who are barely doing the speed limit, and on top of that, unable to maintain a consant speed, both of which drive me bonkers. Sure enough, 2 lane passing area opens up...and bam, all of a sudden they're doing 110 (in the 80 zone that they were driving 75-80 in for the previous 30 kilometers) and I can't get past them. Passing zone ends, all of a sudden...75 again.

And the best part is they're usually completely oblivious.

[video=youtube;MNQ-zShbTBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNQ-zShbTBY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back
Top Bottom