The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

I like my Mobius helmet cam so much, that I bought a dash cam version (wider angle, capacitor powered) for my truck.

Not too exciting, but a lady just rolled out in front of me from a side street - had her cell phone stuck to her ear:

[video=youtube_share;avU_OM_FgIg]http://youtu.be/avU_OM_FgIg[/video]
Nice music, is it country?

[video=youtube;g53CQWF4Gxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53CQWF4Gxg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The brake checks are a HTA 172 charge.
For real send that to the police.
Those were some dangerous checks too, the person wanted to cause an accident. Usually people stop on the brakes and quickly on the gas right after just to create a distance.

Lets face it, there are a lot of incompetent, aggressive, distracted or just plain stupid drivers out there. Aside from being at risk motorcyclists are especially good at defensive driving and this carries through to everything we ride or drive.

Lets face it, there are a lot of incompetent, aggressive, distracted or just plain stupid drivers out there. Aside from being at risk motorcyclists are especially good at defensive driving and this carries through to everything we ride or drive.

In this case it definitely looked like an impatient driver, who thought that he was more important than an entire queue of other drivers.

In this case it definitely looked like an impatient driver, who thought that he was more important than an entire queue of other drivers.
But then why the brake checks? If he was in a rush, then gtfo. It's like when someone has to speed up to get in front of me to go slower than I am already going. If I ever make a turn/ lane change in front of someone and misjudged their speed (I'm not perfect) I hit the damn gas so they won't have to touch the brakes, or let up on the gas.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

But then why the brake checks? If he was in a rush, then gtfo. It's like when someone has to speed up to get in front of me to go slower than I am already going. If I ever make a turn/ lane change in front of someone and misjudged their speed (I'm not perfect) I hit the damn gas so they won't have to touch the brakes, or let up on the gas.

I think he might have been talking about the guy who passed into oncoming traffic.

This one's partly on you for driving in the passing lane and not passing the guy. Look at how far the other car is ahead.

TTC bus one's on the bus that didn't stop for the red light.

Biggest issue with this one is never stay in someone's blindspot...either speed up or slow down to get out of it.

I think he might have been talking about the guy who passed into oncoming traffic.
My bad.

I've lost count of the number of times that I've pulled into the passing lane to pass, only to have the other vehicle automatically speed up when I do. It happens pretty much every time I go out in my car, at some point.

My feeling is that this is caused by three things:
An optical illusion of speed as you get nearer the car you're passing,
The person realizing that they are going slow, and unconsciously speeding up as you are passing,
Yourself unconsciously slowing down as you approach and begin to pass the other vehicle.

On highways I couldn't agree with you more. But on surface streets I disagree. I'm not saying it's fine to drive in the left lane ALL THE TIME, but for a handful of blocks when your next turn is a left is acceptable.

I would agree if this logic was applied to highway driving or long stretches of rural road, but if you have a traffic light every 200 metres, it just won't work/make sense.

Who uses cruise control on surface streets anyways...?

People driving side-by-side matching your speed is a whole other issue.

Yes, I know how everyone says that this is impossible now, and will give one excuse after another for not driving on the right and passing on the left, but that's how I learned to drive in Toronto. That's how I still like to drive, anywhere. If I'm passing, I pass; if I'm done, I get over. Then again, I'm just as bad at times. My exception is when the right lane is full of parked cars, then I don't always move over in the open stretches.

Because jackholes generally feel that they have a god given right to be jackholes and get angry at anyone who hints otherwise.

The brake checks are a HTA 172 charge.

Yep, and I'd be seeing this guy gets one.

But, there are two sides to every story. One might wonder what happened just before the video to cause him to lose his ****.

Last edited:
Yep, and I'd be seeing this guy gets one.

But, there are two sides to every story. One might wonder what happened just before the video to cause him to lose his ****.

Sometimes it's as simple as the fact that you had the nerve to honk, AT HIM! Don't you know who you're dealing with? HOW DARE YOU!

Back
Top Bottom