The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Mine

[video=youtube;hjy1RfdHcFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjy1RfdHcFg[/video]

Woman stopping at green to cut across traffic and makes a left against her dedicated turn signal, which is red

[video=youtube;O_yYiJkeJ7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_yYiJkeJ7I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Stops in live lane of traffic to make U turn

Yup. I work in Brampton at Dixie and Steeles. Dashcams in that area should be mandatory.

I wouldn't have thought that dashcams had been out for over 15 years Matthew. Wow.

Edit: Or do you just not know how to set the clock?

Last edited:
Starting to wonder if I should include parking in this thread too
75e41b78378e01dfcd61bcebfa32428f.jpg

Stops in live lane of traffic to make U turn

I actually had a driver do the same thing at Highway 7 and Silver Linden in Richmond Hill a couple months ago.

Difference is, as I was laying down the horn, I got the middle finger. Stopped in a live lane in an 80km/h zone.. >.>

If I'm making a right turn on a red onto a two lane road, and stop, do people making U turns through the intersection into the right hand lane that I'm trying to get into have the right of way? My thought is that they're making a left through a green and another through a red, so I should have the right of way.

The confusion has since been somewhat dealt with, as there is now a no u turn sign posted, although many people still ignore it.

If I'm making a right turn on a red onto a two lane road, and stop, do people making U turns through the intersection into the right hand lane that I'm trying to get into have the right of way? My thought is that they're making a left through a green and another through a red, so I should have the right of way.

The confusion has since been somewhat dealt with, as there is now a no u turn sign posted, although many people still ignore it.

With or without a sign, someone making a u-turn does not have the right of way.

Starting to wonder if I should include parking in this thread too
75e41b78378e01dfcd61bcebfa32428f.jpg

I carry a handful of these in my car. Makes me feel better at least and everyone passing by the idiot in the meantime gets a laugh at his/her expense as well.

Parking.png

I carry a handful of these in my car. Makes me feel better at least and everyone passing by the idiot in the meantime gets a laugh at his/her expense as well.
How difficult is it to park a truck? I see many of them struggling now as the traffic piles up behind, waiting for them to get their act together. Sometimes I want to run over and tell them to move over and let me do it for them.

How difficult is it to park a truck? I see many of them struggling now as the traffic piles up behind, waiting for them to get their act together. Sometimes I want to run over and tell them to move over and let me do it for them.

When you have experience and an actual knack for the job, it shouldn't take long at all.

Unfortunately both are increasingly lacking amongst many drivers who frequent the city streets. Until the MTO actually makes it difficult to get a class A licence, that'll only get worse.

Sometimes I want to run over and tell them to move over and let me do it for them.

On a funny side note, it's not always as easy as it looks...sitting in the drivers seat with the back of the trailer 65 feet behind you and often in tight quarters, it does take skill..but a lot of "drivers" are lacking in the skill department that can make even a dead easy backing scenario a debacle, but that's another story.

But about 15 years ago I did have a guy that lost his mind waiting for me to try to get into a particularly ****** dock from a city street. Legitimately piss poor dock obviously designed by some idiot who had never driven a truck before, cars parked everywhere they shouldn't have been, etc etc - the full gamut of difficulty. After I'd been wiggling the trailer around for a minute or so trying to make the angles work the guy I was blocking on the street had obviously had enough, came up and yelling at me and told me I should "learn to F'ing drive" and suggesting he could do a better job. I was in no mood having driven all night to get to this crappy delivery in crappy weather, so I dynamited the brakes, got out, and said "Enjoy yourself". After he got over the shock...he actually got in the drivers seat, but it became evident very quickly he had NO idea what he was doing in a class 8 tractor. He never even got it in gear much less had any idea how to release the parking brakes to get things to move.

After about 60 seconds of grinding the transmission and looking like a fool (while more people had now piled into traffic behind him while I stood arms crossed in the street) he slinked back to his car rather deflated and sat patiently for the minute or so more it took me to wiggle my trailer into the dock.

On a funny side note, it's not always as easy as it looks...sitting in the drivers seat with the back of the trailer 65 feet behind you and often in tight quarters, it does take skill..but a lot of "drivers" are lacking in the skill department that can make even a dead easy backing scenario a debacle, but that's another story.

But about 15 years ago I did have a guy that lost his mind waiting for me to try to get into a particularly ****** dock from a city street. Legitimately piss poor dock obviously designed by some idiot who had never driven a truck before, cars parked everywhere they shouldn't have been, etc etc - the full gamut of difficulty. After I'd been wiggling the trailer around for a minute or so trying to make the angles work the guy I was blocking on the street had obviously had enough, came up and yelling at me and told me I should "learn to F'ing drive" and suggesting he could do a better job. I was in no mood having driven all night to get to this crappy delivery in crappy weather, so I dynamited the brakes, got out, and said "Enjoy yourself". After he got over the shock...he actually got in the drivers seat, but it became evident very quickly he had NO idea what he was doing in a class 8 tractor. He never even got it in gear much less had any idea how to release the parking brakes to get things to move.

After about 60 seconds of grinding the transmission and looking like a fool (while more people had now piled into traffic behind him while I stood arms crossed in the street) he slinked back to his car rather deflated and sat patiently for the minute or so more it took me to wiggle my trailer into the dock.
If I were your manager I would have fired you for that... Allowing an unlicensed and uninsured non employee behind the wheel of the truck assigned to you.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

If I were your manager I would have fired you for that... Allowing an unlicensed and uninsured non employee behind the wheel of the truck assigned to you

It was my own tractor, my own insurance, and my own operating authority. I answered to nobody at that point in my career.

I since got smart and drive someone else's tractors now. They call owner-operators "brokers" for a reason.

How difficult is it to park a mini is the real question. To be fair it's the countryman but still...

You can answer these questions simply by searching this forum.
"Which drive test centre has the easiest route?"
"Can someone post the test route?"
"Which drive test centre has the highest passing rate?"
"Which drive test centre has very little traffic?"

Among cars:
"Which drive test centre has easy/no parallel parking?"
+ a couple of the questions above.

On top of getting the answer to these questions pointing people to the 'easiest' route, they won't fail if they suck at parking. I've had friends hit the curb while parallel parking where you're supposed to auto-fail, but they didn't. You have to fail to do many things to fail the test.

People put more effort in looking for the easiest way to pass rather than practice their driving/riding.

I'm not saying parking a truck is easy, I have never done it - but I do have a vehicle that I am comfortable with driving and parking. Point is, passing the test is easy(too easy), finding time to practice the skills you practically need daily is hard for some people.

As for truck drivers, I assume many ask the same questions and do the same thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom