The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 314 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

And then what? A slap on the wrist? A short period of probation?

If number 4 had a conscience he would have turned himself in and saved the taxpayer the policing costs. If his family and or friends had consciences they would turn him in.
Even a slap on the wrist can sometimes be enough to scare someone straight.

'Hey, there ARE consequences for my actions...however small'.

I'm all for deportation of non Canadians / Permanent Residents for any charges, but don't see that happening anytime soon.

So you can skip the paperwork for your D-1 by paying cash for a bogus test. Now you can watch the route on line to eliminate any need to be aware of anything except the absolute minimum needed to pass the final road test.

For added humour at 1:00 to 1:20 you can see the stop sign at the exit of the parking lot and then a larger version of it directly across the street in case the first stop sign didn't register on the driver.

In case the second stop sign didn't give the test applicant enough of a clue there is also a yellow sign explaining that other cars won't be stopping for him or her.

There are also videos for the Orangeville and Lindsey test routes.

I couldn't do that job as a driving instructor. I'd make sure my students are good and actually able to pass.

Of course that might change when someone dangles a few extra hundred / student in front of my face, but I'd like to think that I would resist.

I couldn't do that job as a driving instructor. I'd make sure my students are good and actually able to pass.

Of course that might change when someone dangles a few extra hundred / student in front of my face, but I'd like to think that I would resist.
Becoming corrupt is easy, staying honest is hard...
Just look at anyone in a position of power...

4 vehicles in the ditch on the 7 1/2 km to work this morning, and I just heard some more sirens. Don't change to summer tyres too early.

Waay more to that story then what's written there. How the hell you mistake a 13yr old for an adult? And who lets random people test drive a Lamborghini without even checking their license. Sounds sketchy as.
The owner won't be happy about how this turns out. Since he handed the keys to an unlicensed driver, it will be interesting to see if insurance pays.

The owner won't be happy about how this turns out. Since he handed the keys to an unlicensed driver, it will be interesting to see if insurance pays.
They may well not. You are responsible for knowing that someone you loan your car to is a valid driver. If anyone had been injured then the owner could be held directly responsible.

I posted earlier in the thread, or another one... but the short story...

Buddy handed his keys to a kid at a party as he was going to be drinking, and was being responsible to not DWI later. Kid took truck for a joyride, big crash, people injured. Cops asked "did you give him the keys?" and "did you give him permission?" Trying to be a "good guy" he said yes and yes. Bankruptcy followed.

They may well not. You are responsible for knowing that someone you loan your car to is a valid driver. If anyone had been injured then the owner could be held directly responsible.
No idea about ICBC (BC government insurance), but here I'd be very surprised if insurance covers this. If the owner gives permission to an underage/unlicensed driver, the insurer can (probably would) cancel their policy and refuse a claim. They can even void their policy and refund any premium paid already in the term.

But hey, if you own a Lambo, you'll probably be fine either way. No sympathy from me.

No idea about ICBC (BC government insurance), but here I'd be very surprised if insurance covers this. If the owner gives permission to an underage/unlicensed driver, the insurer can (probably would) cancel their policy and refuse a claim. They can even void their policy and refund any premium paid already in the term.

But hey, if you own a Lambo, you'll probably be fine either way. No sympathy from me.
Many times, all across the country, insurance companies have denied claims when an owner has given the keys to someone "for a test drive", when selling a car. and the potential buyer just takes off with it.

4 vehicles in the ditch on the 7 1/2 km to work this morning, and I just heard some more sirens. Don't change to summer tyres too early.
I never change them until late April and I put my snows on before the end of October, because Orangeville! I watched the guy across the street put his summer tires on over the weekend.:ROFLMAO: I guess some people either don't look at the weather forecast, or choose not to believe it.

I was tempted to put the snowblower in the shed last week, but came to my senses and left it in the garage. It turned out to be the right decision because that was a lot of very heavy wet snow to clear! We got more overnight, but not enough to shovel.

Buddy handed his keys to a kid at a party as he was going to be drinking, and was being responsible to not DWI later. Kid took truck for a joyride, big crash, people injured. Cops asked "did you give him the keys?" and "did you give him permission?" Trying to be a "good guy" he said yes and yes. Bankruptcy followed.

Similar happened to Wife's friend. Her daughter drove her car, licensed but wasn't covered by insurance.. crashed, injured some people. The lawsuit from the insurance company is for exactly what she'd be worth if she cashed out.

I watch these outcomes because of an incident 50 + years ago.

I had my first bike, a 125cc Yamaha and after a while I wasn't using it. My brother expressed an interest so I loaned it to him to try for a few weeks. When I got it back the fork tubes were bent. I got a BS answer but later learned that he was treating it like a carnival ride, letting unlicensed friends ride it. One rear ended a car.

I never got the full details but assume in the days of heavy chrome bumpers the car was OK.

However, if MY bike hit a crowd of professionals with millions in damages the first thing the police would look at is the ownership. The insurance company would look at the license of the rider and walk away leaving me holding the bag.

My option, if it would have worked, would be to charge the rider with theft but that is sketchy. There is also a charge available of "Taking without consent". I'm not sure of the difference and how it would have affected the outcome had it been worse.

Loaning vehicles isn't a good idea. Need the loan of a car? I'll drive you to the rental place.

Last edited:
1) AMG sounds great
2) Both cars were drifting around without blinkers
3) Flooring it through a really stale red was dumb but worked out.
4) Plates are pretty visible (although the MB may be stolen)
5) If someone things running is a better option than dealing with a minor TC, I'm glad they ran instead of killing me.
And no hesitation from the amg to speed away

My uncle had a car stolen and crashed the guy who stole it sued because the tires were bald.

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom