The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 205 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

While in this case it is not clear if the license or other items (reg, insurance?) were just expired or actually suspended. I lean towards expired if it was license as the cop let them go the first time "to sort it"... can't sort a suspension and I assume the cop would see that the first time???
I thought the same thing, but even an expired licence will take more than a few hours to "rectify". It could be as simple as not having it with him. I can't count how many times I've run out for something and didn't have my wallet/DL with me. I keep copies of my ownership and insurance in the car, so I have that covered. If I remembered my phone I have a photo of my DL on that; I can recite the number from memory as well, but I still wouldn't have the physical licence with me if asked. I have been fortunate enough that when it's happened I have not been stopped and required to produce it.

I don't understand how so many of these idiots get themselves caught for doing something stupid like no seat belt or rolling a stop. If I knew I wasn't legal I would be following the letter of the law to avoid getting pulled over.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I don't understand how so many of these idiots get themselves caught for doing something stupid like no seat belt or rolling a stop. If I knew I wasn't legal I would be following the letter of the law to avoid getting pulled over.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
A girl I knew in high, no license, but drove her car daily. Drove like an angel.
Got her license, drove like a crazy. She wondered why no one would ride with her anymore.

A friends 18 yo kid is in a Toronto icu because of this asshat. She stopped to make a left turn into work and a dumptruck hit her from behind at full speed.

I see far too many dump truck drivers driving like complete meatheads. Making lane changes like they're in econo-boxes, instead of 20 tonnes of steel and cargo, and thinking that they can brake in 50 feet. Doing 20-30 over the limit. Making triple-lane left turns....

I see far too many dump truck drivers driving like complete meatheads. Making lane changes like they're in econo-boxes, instead of 20 tonnes of steel and cargo, and thinking that they can brake in 50 feet. Doing 20-30 over the limit. Making triple-lane left turns....
It's also been my experience that dump truck drivers are among the most aggressive and worst truck drivers out there. I was almost taken out by one who pulled out of the pit off Hockley Road and blew the stop sign before entering Hockley Road. This happened in February and the road was completely snow covered and if it weren't for ABS brakes, AWD and good snow tires, I would have been under that truck. Some of the other things I've seen over the years by these guys makes me wonder if any of them actually went through the proper truck driver training in person, or sent a similar looking friend to pass the test.

Went to Toronto on the weekend. What a fiasco that city has become. Can't be bothered going through all the footage.

I'll have to start letting people know when I'm going, so that they can plan for the subway system being down.

Good news is there are many more cyclists. Bad news is most seem to be bad drivers. Worse news is there isn't a good solution.

Went to Toronto on the weekend. What a fiasco that city has become. Can't be bothered going through all the footage.

I'll have to start letting people know when I'm going, so that they can plan for the subway system being down.

Good news is there are many more cyclists. Bad news is most seem to be bad drivers. Worse news is there isn't a good solution.
I worked for the TTC for 38 years and retired 11 years ago. The last time I had to drive into the city was about 4 years ago and I swore I will never return. Thankfully both of my kids have moved back up to Orangeville, so most of the need to visit TO has been eliminated. John Tory has won the "War on the Car", if you can call that a win.

I worked for the TTC for 38 years and retired 11 years ago. The last time I had to drive into the city was about 4 years ago and I swore I will never return. Thankfully both of my kids have moved back up to Orangeville, so most of the need to visit TO has been eliminated. John Tory has won the "War on the Car", if you can call that a win.
At least we don't have Olivia Chow talking about closing one of the busiest streets in the city to make a pedestrian mall, anymore.

Back
Top Bottom