Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 298 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Yeah, forget the depreciation, his first mistake is adding up all his mods like they add that much to the value. Good find

$1700 on hard cases, yikes

Seller obviously isn't the smartest shopper in the world. Those cases and rack are $816 USD direct from Caribou with $135 shipping to Ajax. Wonder what he paid for the other stuff... With some careful shopping I could probably buy a 2020 bike and put together all of those same kind of accessories for about the same price he wants for his 5 year old bike, which will need new tires at least just based on age.

Vstar 650 needs some assembly $1000

View attachment 41728
What is a fair price for a pile of parts that may or may not be a complete bike?

At least a sport bike engine could be used in a go kart project or something, but a vstar 650 engine has very little use outside of that frame. Maybe a space frame car with a 650 on each wheel or bolt a bunch together to make a modular v8? That would be a lot of money and time for something that wouldnt be very fun when you are done, just interesting looking.

maybe $200 ?? $100 ??

would take a long time to find the right buyer
assembled and running it's a $1,000 bike on a good day

Mint in the box, never been opened...

Harley-Davidson V-Rod Time Capsule,

Price: $ 49,000

"Makes for a great attraction in your man cave. "

Am I to assume that this thing will never run and is just to look at?

Art is art is art, right?
No limit to what art can go for.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Except in this case IT'S A BOX.

Given the lack of affection from HD fans, and the prices the plain Vrods go for I can't see him realizing much of a premium on it regardless of the anniversary designation.

If the VRod was stored in perfect dry conditions, it might be ok. Any dampness at all will mean it needs a lot of restoration. Front and rear brakes are probably fubar and any rubber bits will need replacement. He will be really lucky to get 20k for it.

If the VRod was stored in perfect dry conditions, it might be ok. Any dampness at all will mean it needs a lot of restoration. Front and rear brakes are probably fubar and any rubber bits will need replacement. He will be really lucky to get 20k for it.
Good point, didn't think of that. The picture of the inside shows it's still wrapped in plastic, unless that garage was climate controlled all these years there would have been quite a bit of moisture in there as the temps fluctuated.

After 17 years there will be thousands of dollars in maintenance needed on that bike to be rideable.

Right off the top: Find a bearing manufacturer that doesn't recommend replacing 17 year old bearings. ALL THE BEARINGS.
You're rebuilding the motor, brakes and suspension

...it's not moisture that's the problem, it's oxygen. Stuff oxidizes and bearings get galvanic corrosion (even sitting still in a Harley, even sitting in a box on the shelf. Bearings are made to turn).

Good point, didn't think of that. The picture of the inside shows it's still wrapped in plastic, unless that garage was climate controlled all these years there would have been quite a bit of moisture in there as the temps fluctuated.
Friends stored furniture tarped in a garage for a year. When they removed the tarp to move the furniture to their new house, it was encased in a giant fuzz ball. They threw everything into a dumpster.

Why pay an advertised 9999 for a new 2019 when you can get a 10 year old one for only a dollar more?

2010 Suzuki GSXR 600,

Price: $ 10,000
That one comes prepped for ride for the 6 with a race pipe and flip plate. I am surprised it doesnt come with a collection of vanity plates. At least the knob that buys it does that instead of stealing something to ride dirty.

Back
Top Bottom