Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 297 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

yeah you'd have to have a need for 3 old 750 engines for that to make sense

the trike, I dunno, not that I'd ever want one
but for someone that did, 15K ain't bad
and 40K is nothing for a Wing
but yeah
a 1500 might be under powered pulling all that around

If a trike was your thing, thats about what they sell for give or take. Not for me, but somebody buys them.

Challenge may be getting it serviced, you'd best be handy

This bike was sold at GP Bikes in late fall for $16k plus taxes...
Guy has it for sale again, exactly the same mileage as it had at GP Bikes...
Asking $19k now. So he's trying to cover his purchase cost and taxes on top. Sigh.

Problem is, if you look at the 1199's on sale on Autotrader, they're all overpriced too.

This bike was sold at GP Bikes in late fall for $16k plus taxes...
Guy has it for sale again, exactly the same mileage as it had at GP Bikes...
Asking $19k now. So he's trying to cover his purchase cost and taxes on top. Sigh.

Problem is, if you look at the 1199's on sale on Autotrader, they're all overpriced too.
600 km on a four year old bike? Presumably at least three owners as well? That bike needs some love.

If you're going to take on someones box of random parts and roller frame you are paying pennies on the dollar, this price is pretty insane. This pile of junk isn't even close to done. The parts might be worth....$500 to someone, maybe
So a modern suspension setup, with wheels, brakes, forks etc....plus the bike and engines is only worth 500 bux to you? Geeze, I'll be sure to ignore you if Im ever selling on Kijiji :p :)?

I guess coming from a build stand point, and knowing Id be rebuilding the engine and needing parts, and having a box of parts from the original bike would make my hunt for parts seem worth the asking price, at least 1500 is what I would offer. I dont think its "insane"

carry on :)

Edit, isnt that bike complete and in rough shape fetching big money now anyways? Ive been seeing the older CB's go for nice numbers, even frames and such.....I dont know enough about them

Do people post their bikes without looking at what their competing with?

This fellow is asking $19999 for his near new 2019 FJR, yet a couple ads below is a NEW one for $17999, and another for $19853.

I'm thinking about buying one, but if I was contemplating new I'd definitely drive to Ottawa to save the $2k even though I live close to that guy.

This fellow is asking $19999 for his near new 2019 FJR, yet a couple ads below is a NEW one for $17999, and another for $19853.

I'm thinking about buying one, but if I was contemplating new I'd definitely drive to Ottawa to save the $2k even though I live close to that guy.
Sounds like the dealer saw him coming too if he paid 22+tax (unless that 22 includes all the pdi etc)

That's a "my wife said i could buy whatever i want" ad.

"Bought this bike in may, rode 1000km" :unsure: holy he's a good photographer, most guys don't even bother pushing it out of the garage to snap a cell phone pic.

Please view this ad:

1985 Honda XL600 Vintage Enduro ,

Price: $ 4,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Seems nuts to me... I sold one in good working order for $1200 bucks 10 years ago...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

So a modern suspension setup, with wheels, brakes, forks etc....plus the bike and engines is only worth 500 bux to you? Geeze, I'll be sure to ignore you if Im ever selling on Kijiji :p :)?

I guess coming from a build stand point, and knowing Id be rebuilding the engine and needing parts, and having a box of parts from the original bike would make my hunt for parts seem worth the asking price, at least 1500 is what I would offer. I dont think its "insane"

carry on :)

Edit, isnt that bike complete and in rough shape fetching big money now anyways? Ive been seeing the older CB's go for nice numbers, even frames and such.....I dont know enough about them

I won't even argue, I'm a cheap ****. I've had steering bearings in my fortnine cart for 2 months and still haven't bought them because they haven't got that bad......

A Brand new 2019 is $8694 OTD, taxes and all in. Few weeks back some sold a RR LV3 kit version ($5-7k worth of upgrades) for $7.5k, even less with 10x more.
Ouch. Four years old (and it was old stock at the time) and he thinks reasonable depreciation is $2500 off the original price included all accessories, taxes and fees? He is in for a rude awakening. It's a nice bike, but I'm with you, he is probably looking at 5K or less. He should try to part out the bags, that will get him more money overall.

Ouch. Four years old (and it was old stock at the time) and he thinks reasonable depreciation is $2500 off the original price included all accessories, taxes and fees? He is in for a rude awakening. It's a nice bike, but I'm with you, he is probably looking at 5K or less. He should try to part out the bags, that will get him more money overall.

Yeah, forget the depreciation, his first mistake is adding up all his mods like they add that much to the value. Good find

$1700 on hard cases, yikes

Seller must be on drugs.
:LOL: cheap on insurance! How much did he pay for insurance since the bike was new and divide that by 2500km
He probably paid ~2$ per kilometre just for the insurance.

Want stupid priced bikes?
The annual Mecum's bike auction (the Barret Jackson of motorcycles) is just now winding down.
A 1974 Ducati 750SS went for $160,000 and '77 900SS went for $140,000, an Indian Larry bike sold for $181,000.
I'm sending some bikes down next year.

Back
Top Bottom