Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 296 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Actually that price isn't really bad.A new trike conversion is about 30k on a 37k goldwing.

Actually that price isn't really bad.A new trike conversion is about 30k on a 37k goldwing.
Wasn't sure, seemed like a lot for a 30 plus year old trike...I searched for comparables and only found one other for 8k. Guess something is worth what someone is willing to pay...

The financial mistake was triking a 20 year old bike. The conversion cost is probably a similar magnitude no matter what the donor vehicle. Unfortunately, it will be a tough sell to get five figures for a 30 year old wing.

Edit:
40,000 km on a 30 year old bike? The first financial mistake was buying a wing in the first place. Any bike could have easily done that few km.

If I am not mistaken there are no more trike conversions. If you want a new trike the only thing available is a factory Harley trike.
So if you want a trike you buy a new Harley, or an old conversion.
May have something to do with that price.

:LOL: Is cheap if you are buying it by weight, that's only ~10$ per pound, light-weight motorcycles cost about 60$ per pound when you buy em new.

If I am not mistaken there are no more trike conversions. If you want a new trike the only thing available is a factory Harley trike.
So if you want a trike you buy a new Harley, or an old conversion.
May have something to do with that price.
Can am probably hurt the trike business.

Bombardier makes a pretty nice trike for up to 30 grand and I think it might be a heck of a lot safer.
;) that works out to only ~30$ per pound.

Too bad they can't make a reliable product. Can ams have a very bad reputation.

Too bad they can't make a reliable product. Can ams have a very bad reputation.

I’m surprised by that. Their snowmobiles are head and shoulders above the competition in build quality. With that said I have zero interest in anything with 3 wheels so I haven’t paid attention to that product line.

I am a little biased having lived with the problems Bombardier gave the city of Waterloo building the lrt trains for us.(i know, its not the same company) I'm a cranky old man lately.

I have no words

I dunno, is it THAT far off? Sure the project is kind of weird (although Id be willing to take a shot at it if I had the space) but for 2 grand he gives you three motors, wheels brakes, and suspension from a busa, a random tank (lol) and a box of original parts. maybe Im just weird, doesn't seem like a bad starter kit for a resto mod, you can spend way more for less I think.

carry on :)

I dunno, is it THAT far off? Sure the project is kind of weird (although Id be willing to take a shot at it if I had the space) but for 2 grand he gives you three motors, wheels brakes, and suspension from a busa, a random tank (lol) and a box of original parts. maybe Im just weird, doesn't seem like a bad starter kit for a resto mod, you can spend way more for less I think.

Well if you lived in the sault, that is probably as cheap a stock of spare engines as you are going to find (although even then who knows if they are any good). If you are from anywhere else, the cost to pickup the pile of junk exceeds the purchase price.

If you're going to take on someones box of random parts and roller frame you are paying pennies on the dollar, this price is pretty insane. This pile of junk isn't even close to done. The parts might be worth....$500 to someone, maybe

Back
Top Bottom