Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 425 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

A fellow around the corner from me has a gen 1 FZ1 with a couple hundred kms, pristine condition. It's kept on a bike lift, he doesn't ride it but meticulously performs and logs maintenance. His garage is setup but like a shrine.

Odd, but its his thing.
Ride 'em, don't hide 'em.

If someone uses the words "good investment" and "motorcycle" in the same sentence, you're obligated to laugh at them.
Motorcycles, with a couple of singular exceptions, are terrible money losers.
And even with the exceptions paying 3x current market value ruins the investment. You've lost before you even start with no hope of recovery.

In 1974 a TZ350 cost about $3300, today sells for $10-12,000
If you put that $3300 into the S&P your return would be $554,447.49
A 1995 916 was about $15,000 new, the S&P would return $225,193.43
And your S&P investment doesn't need heated floor space for storage.

This FEELS like it belongs here…

In 1974 a TZ350 cost about $3300, today sells for $10-12,000
If you put that $3300 into the S&P your return would be $554,447.49
A 1995 916 was about $15,000 new, the S&P would return $225,193.43
And your S&P investment doesn't need heated floor space for storage.
I own old motorcycles and agree 100%. You own them for the same reasons people buy historic houses - nostalgic interest and preserving history.

My old girls are are worth 2 or 3x what I paid for them thanks to Pandemic inflation, but less than I have into them. Im not counting on the cash value appreciating.

Not everyone rides their antiques. I do, that's my return on investment. Cant put a cash value on that, to me its Priceless.

1984 Ninja 900 mint no k $30,000.

View attachment 60141
Collectors, right. It does look great, but...
-Seat has been re-shaped
-Fender has been cut
-Aftermarket windscreen, grips, exhaust, brake lines

Funny thing is that I got excited about the ad before I saw the price had an extra zero

He is selling the brackets for the backrest separately for $100.

I like the aliexpress stickon vents for $60 when he probably bought them for $10 (and nobody should ever buy them).

iphone 6 screen protector for $30? He will be lucky if he can find a buyer for $2.

$40 for Dodge v6 emblems. wtf. Who buys v6 emblems? At least if they were v8 emblems, the mopar v6 grunts would love them.

If someone uses the words "good investment" and "motorcycle" in the same sentence, you're obligated to laugh at them.
Motorcycles, with a couple of singular exceptions, are terrible money losers.
We should pin this phrase somewhere here...
I am less reasonable with people that think they are making "an investment". Makes every single old c*** think everything they have is worth gold or something...

Back
Top Bottom